Evan Sundermann

View Evan Sundermann's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    I agree, I think Intel is a bargain and a great buy right now!
    Aug 10, 2011. 11:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Thrive During a Downturn [View article]
    I think you have a great strategy. For long term investors, especially those that like dividend paying stocks, downturns allow them to buy some stocks that they like but found possibly a little too expensive at a bargain price.

I believe that these downturns provide serious opportunities for investors much more than speculators.
    Aug 10, 2011. 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Thrive During a Downturn [View article]
    I think it is very wise of you as a retiree to stay out of the stock market right now.

Personally I feel confident that the market will make it through the struggles that it is currently experiencing, but the reality is that no one knows for certain what will happen.

If you have money to invest, and you are younger and in a position to tolerate some risk, then I think their are stocks out there that are undervalued and priced too low that will bounce back in the weeks and months to come.
    Aug 10, 2011. 12:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Thrive During a Downturn [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, C John. The market is clearly incredibly volatile right now and investing is riskier in general; however, I am of the opinion that if you are able to find blue chip stocks that have dropped in price as a response to a sell off but still have strong financial then you can buy and make money so long as you invest for the long run.

One thing that my Uncle taught me is that you should never invest money in the stock market that you think you might need in 3 or 4 years. I agree with this wholeheartedly. If you have the time to invest right now and ride out the turmoil and volatility that the market is currently facing then I think you have an opportunity to find some good values.
    Aug 10, 2011. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and the correction on Intel's all time high trading price.
    Aug 9, 2011. 12:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, Ma11hew. I agree with you wholeheartedly, Intel is in a great position to prosper during this explosion of mobile computing. They have the cash and resources to pour into research and development in order to stay on the cutting edge. Their yield is already substantially better than most stocks in the technology sector and they've shown a commitment to growing their yield to investors.
    Aug 8, 2011. 02:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    I think you're exactly right. Similar to what I mentioned about Whirlpool, it is increasingly difficult for companies to rely completely on selling big-ticket items when companies, as well as individuals, are tightening their belts and spending less.

Acquiring ACS has completely changed the company and built a variety of new revenue streams that are more consistent by providing services rather than relying on sales of printers and copiers that don't need to be replaced for years. I think Xerox is definitely a stock that has great growth potential.
    Aug 7, 2011. 07:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bolster Your Portfolio With Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I look forward to writing more articles.
    Jul 21, 2011. 11:04 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment