Evan Sundermann

View Evan Sundermann's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Bolster Your Portfolio With Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I look forward to writing more articles.
    Jul 21, 2011. 11:04 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Foreign Dividend Stocks That Provide Diversity And Offer Growth Potential [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, Norman. I completely agree with you analysis.
    Sep 5, 2011. 01:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, dmacd. I agree, I think that BHP is very undervalued and that the company's future prospects are very strong due to the demand for industrial metals primarily in emerging markets.

Novartis is great too, the favorable conversion between the Swiss Franc and the US dollar as far as dividend payments go is just a bonus.

You're very wise to have exposure to these companies. I will look into Syngenta.
    Sep 5, 2011. 01:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, guraaf. I did draw on the Kiplinger article for some information.

According to BHP Billiton this is the reason for two different tickers:

"BHP Billiton was formed in June 2001 from the merger of BHP Limited (an Australian listed company) and Billiton Plc (a UK listed company). The merger was effected by way of a dual listed companies (DLC) structure, meaning that although the companies technically continue to be separate legal entities (now renamed BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc) with separate share listings and share registers, they are managed and run as a single economic entity. The companies have a common Board of Directors and management team. Shareholders in BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc have equal economic and voting rights, as if they held shares in a single company"

I would recommend BHP; however, the two stocks seem to move hand-in-hand percentage wise. Shares of BHP are slightly more expensive than shares of BBL.
    Sep 5, 2011. 01:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the correction.
    Sep 5, 2011. 01:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brasil Telecom: Undervalued, Dividend-Paying Stock for Emerging Market Exposure [View article]
    Thank you for the advice, Philipsonh.
    Aug 16, 2011. 10:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I got my info from Fidelity.

eresearch.fidelity.com...

Thank you for the comment though, frikker. It appears that Fidelity's information was wrong and I need to edit the article to display the correct yield. Thanks for the heads up.
    Aug 16, 2011. 12:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, Norman Tweed. You are very correct, the company has had a history of erratic dividends, but I think that the yield will stabilize at about 8% or 9%. There financials are great, and as evidenced by your comment about the expected increase in EPS this year, the company's business is expanding. I think it could be a good stock to hold going forward.
    Aug 16, 2011. 11:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    I think you're exactly right. Similar to what I mentioned about Whirlpool, it is increasingly difficult for companies to rely completely on selling big-ticket items when companies, as well as individuals, are tightening their belts and spending less.

Acquiring ACS has completely changed the company and built a variety of new revenue streams that are more consistent by providing services rather than relying on sales of printers and copiers that don't need to be replaced for years. I think Xerox is definitely a stock that has great growth potential.
    Aug 7, 2011. 07:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I cannot tell you with absolute certainty that their is no foreign tax on the dividend payments, but I have not seen anything that indicates that those taxes would be levied.
    Aug 16, 2011. 11:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    I agree, I think Intel is a bargain and a great buy right now!
    Aug 10, 2011. 11:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and the correction on Intel's all time high trading price.
    Aug 9, 2011. 12:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Misunderstood Dividend Stocks Primed for Success [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, Ma11hew. I agree with you wholeheartedly, Intel is in a great position to prosper during this explosion of mobile computing. They have the cash and resources to pour into research and development in order to stay on the cutting edge. Their yield is already substantially better than most stocks in the technology sector and they've shown a commitment to growing their yield to investors.
    Aug 8, 2011. 02:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Helmrich & Payne: 5 Reasons I'm Buying The Contract Driller's Fundamentals [View article]
    James, thanks for the tip.
    Jan 21, 2014. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great detail. Thanks for providing it, Doug.
    Jan 21, 2014. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment