FAF Research

View FAF Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Salesforce.com: To Invest Or Not? [View article]
    You can say whatever you want but the one who bought 1000 shares at $160 2 weeks ago is me.
    In the end is all about the P&L!
    Dec 22, 2012. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: To Invest Or Not? [View article]
    You make me laugh. You do not know who I am and my track record and think I am a novice. Keep thinking that your fundamental analysis alone will outperform the market. Wake up, do you think that fundamentals alone are enought to make outstanding returns ?. If you think that way you have no clue what YOU are doing. Please read the book Market Wizards, read how they operate and think. How many of them mixes fundamentals and technicals ? lot of them. I make single trades of 150k (see my blog where I prove it), which are less than 10% of my personal portfolio and have a 3 sharpe ratio which is outstanding. How much do you manage ?
    Dec 21, 2012. 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: To Invest Or Not? [View article]
    When you buy momentum you buy a stock at a specific price that you know in advance if the stock goes above that price with above than average volume a material trend could start. This could sound strange but you should learn some things related to technical analysis. You work with 2% stop losses, not more than that. 60% downside ? are you crazy ? I never loss more than 2% my initial position.
    I bought CRM at $160, stop loss at $156 but my reward profit is above 10%, so I am risking 2% to make 5,10 or more%. I am still holding CRM. The stock went up from 160 to 170 in days. The key is buying THE day the uptrend starts.
    Check my blog: warrentrades.com
    They key is combining both fundamentals AND technicals. Not fibonacci, oscilators and all those %%$#$. I am talking about specific technical tools HF uses. Top performing hedge funds do this all the time, fundamentals+technicals.
    Dec 18, 2012. 03:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: To Invest Or Not? [View article]
    You can give all the logic and reasoning you want but the market does not care about what you or me thinks.
    I am long this stock, bought 600 shares at $160 (breakout price) and now I am making money in the long side.
    When the market turns bearish I will short.
    Trade in sync with the market. Nobody cares what you think.
    Dec 17, 2012. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Invest In Argentina Stocks Now? [View article]
    Do not invest in Arg equities at these leves, wait for a 30/40% avg decline which will be the support levels od 2002 and 2008.

Arg equities have not bottomed yet, wait for them to trade at 2002/2008 price levels
    Nov 27, 2012. 07:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66: Strong Portfolio Of Assets And Increasing Growth [View article]
    Yes it is my blog but the alerts come from a software that scans volume, price, volatility among other things. After that I check its fundamentals. I always invest mixing both concepts. I discovered PSX as my software alerted me and then I checked its fundamentals.
    Nov 7, 2012. 09:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Companies To Buy In This Market [View article]
    Hi, I agree with you. ALL companies are affected by macro uncertainty but some Companies are more affected than others. For example, Coca Cola (KO) is less affected than Cisco.
    Inside the tech sector, Apple is less affected that Cisco too.

KO, AAPL and CSCO are affected if macro gets very bad but not will be affected equal.
    Jun 4, 2012. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • David Einhorn Top Holdings Analysis [View article]
    I used to write that way but SA editors does not like articles that the autor assumes why other person is buying...

I think the same as you, but SA Editors does not like that..
    Jun 2, 2012. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mario Gabelli Top Buys: Undervalued Opportunities [View article]
    I made more than 400k last year trading these kind of "107:1" opportunities you mention.
    Apr 19, 2012. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing Bruce Berkowitz's Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    One thing is how the business grows and other thing is the Company's financial risk.
    A business can be growing -100% for "x" number of years but if it has zero debt and huge assets to support operations the business and financial risk is strong.
    One thig is growth and other thing is balance sheet strenght.
    Apr 6, 2012. 06:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At Seth Klarman's Top Holdings: 5 Value Opportunities For Now [View article]
    Thanks for your comment, I agree with your thinkings about MSFT
    Mar 30, 2012. 08:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Steven Cohen's Low P/E Stock Picks And Why He May Have Bought Them [View article]
    It is not easy to find relevant information on NCT.
    I apologize if I ommited detailed research facts about that stock but I just wanted to include an overall description because finding solid positive information was not easy.
    Mar 29, 2012. 08:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook's $100 Billion Valuation Could Be Cheap If This Change Happens [View article]
    Hello, the link is http://bit.ly/ykLTZK

Thanks
    Mar 12, 2012. 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ken Fisher Picks: J&J, Amazon, Oracle, BASF [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, I got very bad the percentages, seems that I have notes created from December 2011.
    I just contacted SA team to correct that.
    I apologize for the wrong message here.
    Feb 13, 2012. 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment