Farah Lalani

View Farah Lalani's Comments BY TICKER:
  • After The S&P Downgrade, Time To Buy Financials? [View article]
    BAC can not be compared with JPM and WFC as you note. BAC offers a much deeper discount than others at the moment and the potential to double is much higher.
    Nov 30, 2011. 04:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How The U.S. Is Quickly Becoming A Third World Country (Part 1) [View article]
    good research.
    Nov 22, 2011. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eurozone Impact On The U.S.: Financials, Export Stocks Most Exposed [View article]
    Good strategy MexCom. I often do the same- first I select from those trading near their lows, then eliminate based on beta and sustainable dividend.
    Nov 10, 2011. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • International Stocks To Consider Adding To Your Portfolio [View article]
    good mix of international stocks...stocks impacted by EU seems to be the best deals
    Nov 10, 2011. 01:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thursday, November 10, 7:36 AM Bloomberg reports former Greek and EU central banker Lucas Papademos has been named Greece's new Prime Minister with the new government set to be sworn in on Friday afternoon. (earlier on Papademos)
    Nov 10, 2011. 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Major Companies That Are Good Buys Despite Mixed Earnings [View article]
    Thanks for your thoughts MexCom. I like your optimism about BAC. I also do believe there is still a long way to go before any significant upside for BAC.
    Oct 20, 2011. 11:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Major Companies That Are Good Buys Despite Mixed Earnings [View article]
    Thanks for clarifying.Yes, that's what I meant to say. KO is less severe than the market, but generally moves the same direction as the market because there aren't too many surprises. In my past article, I have explained the flaws of the beta and mentioned KO as a good low beta stock to keep: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 19, 2011. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: A Double In Share Price Is Now Underway [View article]
    Thanks for quoting me in your article =). I am glad we share similar views on BAC.
    Oct 19, 2011. 01:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Financials Sustain The Rally? [View article]
    I agree.... these stocks have already hit their bottoms, but I still think significant increase in price is some time away. In the long-term, financials present a lot of potential for gains.
    Oct 13, 2011. 01:46 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Financials Sustain The Rally? [View article]
    Thanks Mr. Massive. I agree with you- Citi has the most room to grow. BAC also seems to be discounted right now, but both of these stocks present the most uncertainty in terms of their balance sheets. JPM to me seems the safest.
    Oct 13, 2011. 01:42 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: What Company Will Take Its Channel? [View article]
    Netflix's real problem: public relations.
    Oct 11, 2011. 04:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Squeeze Ideas: 5 Oversold Stocks Targeted By Short Sellers [View article]
    PR problems should be the priority concern for Netflix. All the mess with its business model can be tackled, if it focuses on the sole reason for its success- customer satisfaction.
    Oct 11, 2011. 04:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sprint: A Rally Is Possible, But Not Any Time Soon [View article]
    In comparison, AT&T is a safer option.
    Oct 11, 2011. 04:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Build My Portfolio: Real Modern Portfolio Theory For A Silicon Valley Investor [View article]
    Thanks for this new series and a very informative article on portfolio building...good to see emerging markets, real estate, and natural resources are added to the mix.
    Oct 6, 2011. 06:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Airline Stocks Won't Fly: Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks Colin for your insight. I like to consider various views before I feel strongly about anything and I am always open to change. Here are my thoughts on the current state of the airline industry. Have not made up my mind about AMR yet... http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 4, 2011. 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment