Felix Pinhasov

View Felix Pinhasov's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • An Open Letter To Finavera Energy Shareholders, Management And The Board [View instapost]
    sandylast 50,000

Dec 20 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Finavera Energy: The Prospects For A Takeout Are High [View article]
    An Open Letter To Finavera Energy Shareholders, Management And The Board
    Dec 20 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hostile Bid For Magma Metals Will Not Suffice [View article]
    According to PAN http://bit.ly/IABYGh
    Anglo Pacific tendered their shares to the offer. This means Anglo Pacific could not find a competing bid for Magma Metals.
    At this point it is hard to reject the revised offer, since the minimum acceptance rate of 50% is likely to be attained.
    May 2 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hostile Bid For Magma Metals Will Not Suffice [View article]
    Today Panoramic Resources revised their bid for Magma Metals from a share exchange ratio of 2:17 to 1:7.

Using the most recent closing price of PAN shares of $1.07, this represents a roughly $0.024 increase from the initial bid. Oddly enough, with the recent deterioration in PAN stock price, the revised bid and the initial bid almost equate in value - so much for the argument that being part of PAN will provide Magma shareholders with stability.

The revised bid is hardly sufficient and insulting to Magma shareholders.

The revision does not even amount to the cash balance Magma recently reported it holds in the bank, let alone its gold exploration properties in Australia.

In its communique, Panoramic tries to intimidate shareholders by stating it will not raise its offer unless a competing bid comes along and will not renew the acceptance date. Well, given that most shareholders did not tender then, what makes the PAN board think we will tender now?!

As a shareholder you can take the fast way out and sellout for the roughly 20% or you can follow Anglo Pacific's activities and hold onto your shares until a reasonable - let alone fair - offer arrives.

REJECT the offer.
    Apr 27 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hostile Bid For Magma Metals Will Not Suffice [View article]
    Apr 4 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abacus Mining & Exploration May Have A Partner With Deep Pockets Backing Its Project [View article]
    Apr 2 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Telus Presents A Classic Hedge Fund Arbitrage Trade [View article]
    1. The jump of volume subsequent to the press release was primarily due to hedge funds jumping on the arbitrage opportunity.

2. There where discrepancies between the two sides because the non-voting shares trade only in Canada - to meet the foreign ownership requirements.

3. Companies not normally respond to market activity in their shares unless the exchange makes a request. I guess to have known that an opportunity presented itself, one needs to know that non-voting shares will always trade at a discount to voting shares.

4. I have no problem with feedback (I invite it), I am learning as I go also. However, that was an accusation of plagiarism, not feedback.
    (I think we rid of any misunderstanding now).

I hope you'll do well on your investment!
    Mar 30 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude And Oil Stocks: Buying Some Protection [View article]
    lol...
    I found it pretty interesting as well. Of course, the entire reason this is circulating in the public domain is to deter Iran - otherwise we wouldn't hear about it.
    Mar 29 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Telus Presents A Classic Hedge Fund Arbitrage Trade [View article]
    Are you new to equities (I get that sense from the criticisms)?

1. Yes hedge funds take advantage of arbitrage opportunities whenever they rise, what's your point?
    Speak for yourself, maybe you don't use long-short strategies; plenty of other investors do.

2. You searched pretty long? Here is a tip, whenever you research a company, you should perhaps start with their website- just like I and probably thousands of investors do daily.
    I can assure you I did not read your comments (which mention ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and I stress ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the strategy I outlined) prior to your post. You merely posted a link to the company's website - good job, now that's analysis!

3. My recommendations on how to act? Did you read the article?
    If you don't get the recommendation, perhaps you should read it again.
    The article makes no mention of calls and puts and stocks are risky, where did you get the idea that the opposite is true?
    Where did you get the idea that I am writing to educate you? Writing is my hobby, I write on whatever crosses my mind on that particular moment and to get some constructive feedback.

4. The spread between the non-voting and voting shares quickly shrank to around $0 when the announcement came about; what arbitrage opportunity was there a month ago?

5. Get over yourself, English is my third language as well...I don't shove it in people's face just because I can speak three languages.
    If you ask me, you are too self-absorbed.

Mar 29 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude And Oil Stocks: Buying Some Protection [View article]
    Mar 29 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aberdeen Is A Classic Value Investment [View article]
    As the disclosure indicated, I did not own any Aberdeen shares when I wrote the article - it was pure reporting.
    I like to pick my own investments and therefore, I am not interested in exchange traded investment funds.

As for adding, that's a decision you got to make in relation to your entire portfolio and your risk appetite with regards to junior mining companies - they are volatile and risky.

As for the share buyback, I disagree with you. Liquidity and yield are very important when it comes to attracting funds and competing against other investments.
    Mar 27 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Guyana Goldfields Is A Ripe Takeover Candidate [View article]
    Hi nik, I am more interested in what you think (and how you got there) the project is worth to a buyer.

I think around $800M +/- 15% is reasonable when considering the upside in reclassifying resource ounces, 8% discount rate, 94% recovery and $1500 gold price.
    Mar 20 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Demand Destruction [View article]
    It is the 15th, its a typo....it should be fixed soon
    Thanks for catching that.
    Mar 7 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Demand Destruction [View article]
    Given your outlook gandy, did you buy some today?
    Mar 6 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment