View as an RSS Feed
View Felix Salmon's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ACAH, ACF, AGG, AHBIF, AIBYY, AIG, AIG.PA, AIZ, ALL, AMZN, AN, AOL, APP, APX, ARGT, AXP, AZ, BA, BAC, BAIRY, BATS, BBK, BBVA, BCS, BDBYF, BID, BIG, BIL, BK, BLK, BMOSF, BNPQY, BOND, BP, BRK.A, BRK.B, BSC, BX, BZA, C, CAR, CBH, CCTYQ, CFC, CHIX, CIT, CMCSA, CMCSK, CMG, CNET, CNY, COIN, CROX, CS, CSCO, CWI, DAL, DB, DELL, DIA, DJ, EBAY, EEM, ETFC, EUFN, EWP, EWU, EWZ, F, FB, FDN, FDX, FIG, FIS, FMCC, FNJN, FNMA, FPX, FXE, FXI, FXX, GCI, GDOT, GE, GFG, GLD, GLRE, GM, GOOG, GRPN, GS, GSY, GTATQ, GULF, HHH, HLF, HLT, HNB, HNZ, HPQ, HSBC, IAI, IAPLF, IAPLY, IDMCQ, INTU, IOC, IPS, IYF, IYR, JBLU, JNJ, JNK, JPM, JYN, KBE, KKR, KME, KRE, LAQ, LAZ, LECO, LEE, LEH, LEHMQ, LIT, LM, LNKD, LUV, LVMUY, LVS, LYG, MBI, MCO, MDP, MEE, MER, MET, MFGLQ, MGI, MHFI, MS, MSD, MSFT, MSY, MUB, MVIS, NDAQ, NFLX, NHRKF, NWS, NYT, OCN, OIL, OPEN, OSTK, OUBS, PAF, PCY, PFE, PIQ, PSO, QQQ, RBS, REZ, RF, RWO, S, SAN, SBUX, SCGLY, SCHW, SEA, SHLD, SIRI, SLM, SLV, SNOFF, SPY, STI, STT, SWCEY, T, TBT, TGT, TIP, TM, TMUS, TRI, TST, TT, TWTR, TWX, UAUA, UGA, UNB, USB, USO, V, VG, VGK, VZ, WCRX, WETF, WFC, WFM, WMIH, WMT, XHB, XLF, XOM, XSRAF, Y, YHOO, ZION
- Letter Writer of the Day: MBIA's Jay Brown
Credit Cards Around the World
Feb. 27, 2008 • 1 Comment
- Municipal Bond Ratings: Eisinger's Response to Carney
How the Optics of Wealth Fuelled the Argentine Debt Boom
Feb. 27, 2008 • Comment!
Banking: Is Mark-to-Market a Doomsday Machine?
Feb. 26, 2008 • 1 Comment
Adventures in Swapland
Feb. 26, 2008 • Comment!
- The New Market for $700,000 Houses
- Is JP Morgan Conflicted in the Visa IPO?
- Monolines: S&P to the Rescue
Why Yield Spreads Aren't the Same as Credit Risk
Feb. 26, 2008 • 2 Comments
- Visa IPO to Help Recapitalize U.S. Banks
House-Price Momentum: The Good News
Feb. 24, 2008 • 10 Comments
- Credit Losses: The Good News
- Magazines Still Don't Get the Web
- Chart of the Day: Stock-Bond Divergence
- Lloyds TSB: Congratulations
- Why All Consumer Magazines Should be Free Online
Using a Bandwidth-and-Hamsters Analogy to Explain Credit
Feb. 24, 2008 • Comment!
- Did FASB Scupper the Auction-Rate Market?
- How to Help Both Homeowners and Lenders, at No Public Cost
- TIPS: Great or Terrible?
- Chart of the Day: Oil and Gasoline Prices
- Housing: Underwater Isn't the Same as Negative Equity
- Citi vs. Wal-Mart: From Financial Supermarket to Supermarket
Derivatives: The Only Way to Win is Not to Play
Feb. 21, 2008 • 2 Comments
Will Bond and Stock Prices Ever Converge?
Feb. 21, 2008 • Comment!
Will Bond and CDS Prices Ever Converge?
Feb. 21, 2008 • 1 Comment
- Crocs: On the Down Escalator
- SocGen Chart of theDay: Jerome Kerviel's P&L
- The Credit Suisse Writedown: Less Than Meets the Eye
- Should the US Government Buy Distressed Bonds?
Did Black-Scholes Cause the Housing Bubble?
Feb. 20, 2008 • 1 Comment