View Felix Salmon's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ACAH, ACF, AGG, AHBIF, AIBYY, AIG, AIG.PA, AIZ, ALL, AMZN, AN, AOL, APP, APX, ARGT, AXP, AZ, BA, BAC, BAIRY, BATS, BBK, BBVA, BCS, BDBYF, BID, BIG, BIL, BK, BLK, BMOSF, BNPQY, BOND, BP, BRK.A, BRK.B, BSC, BX, BZA, C, CAR, CBH, CCTYQ, CFC, CHIX, CIT, CMCSA, CMCSK, CMG, CNET, CNY, COIN, CROX, CS, CSCO, CWI, DAL, DB, DELL, DIA, DJ, EBAY, EEM, ETFC, EUFN, EWP, EWU, EWZ, F, FB, FDN, FDX, FIG, FIS, FMCC, FNJN, FNMA, FPX, FXE, FXI, FXX, GCI, GDOT, GE, GFG, GLD, GLRE, GM, GOOG, GRPN, GS, GSY, GTATQ, GULF, HHH, HLF, HLT, HNB, HNZ, HPQ, HSBC, IAI, IAPLF, IAPLY, IDMCQ, INTU, IOC, IPS, IYF, IYR, JBLU, JNJ, JNK, JPM, JYN, KBE, KKR, KME, KRE, LAQ, LAZ, LECO, LEE, LEH, LEHMQ, LIT, LM, LNKD, LUV, LVMUY, LVS, LYG, MBI, MCO, MDP, MEE, MER, MET, MFGLQ, MGI, MHFI, MS, MSD, MSFT, MSY, MUB, MVIS, NDAQ, NFLX, NHRKF, NWS, NYT, OCN, OIL, OPEN, OSTK, PAF, PCY, PFE, PIQ, PSO, QQQ, RBS, REZ, RF, RWO, S, SAN, SBUX, SCGLY, SCHW, SEA, SHLD, SIRI, SLM, SLV, SNOFF, SPY, STI, STT, SWCEY, T, TBT, TGT, TIP, TM, TMUS, TRI, TST, TT, TWTR, TWX, UAUA, UBS, UGA, UNB, USB, USO, V, VG, VGK, VZ, WCRX, WETF, WFC, WFM, WMIH, WMT, XHB, XLF, XOM, XSRAF, Y, YHOO, ZION
- The Case Against Peak Oil
Illiquidity and Insolvency in the Commercial Real Estate Market
Dec. 18, 2007 • 2 Comments
- Microlending in Mexico: Still Extortionate
- Lufthansa: No Savior for JetBlue
- Citi: Still Partially Insulated from SIV Losses
- VaR: For a Crappy Tool, It's Really Important at Goldman Sachs
- Lehman Profits From Earlier Write-Downs
- (As I Foresaw) Citi Bails In Its SIVs
- Still Underwhelmed by Pandit
Greenspan's Legacy: The Housing Bust
Dec. 13, 2007 • 8 Comments
- Still Awaiting In-Flight WiFi at JetBlue
The Fed's Collateral Requirements: It'll Take Anything
Dec. 13, 2007 • Comment!
- Citigroup Should Cut its Dividend Now
- The Best and Worst Bank Deals (or not) of 2007
- How Citi is Solving its SIV Problems
- The Fed Disappoints - As Does Citi
- As UBS Shows, It Pays To Be Conservative in Banking
The Myth That Lending Rates Rise in Response to Policies
Dec. 11, 2007 • Comment!
- Apple's Right To Sit on Its Cash
- Universal's Free Music: A Good Idea
Why Lenders Love the Mortgage-Freeze Plan
Dec. 7, 2007 • 8 Comments
- Silvio Berlusconi for Citigroup CEO!
Cuomo Stalks Wall Street, Mortgage Edition
Dec. 6, 2007 • Comment!
- Subprime Prescience at MetLife
What's a CDO? Click Here for Easy-to-Follow Graphic
Dec. 6, 2007 • Comment!
- David Woo Defends the Oil Price Denomination Fallacy
Which Bondholders Benefit From the Paulson Plan?
Dec. 5, 2007 • Comment!
- The Weakness of Marking Subprime Bonds to Market
- A Chinese Bid for Rio Tinto?
- Why Is Warren Buffett Buying $2.1 Billion of Super-Junky TXU Debt?
- Can Thain Make Merrill More Collegial?
Why Paulson Needn't Worry About Litigation Risk in His Mortgage Plan
Dec. 4, 2007 • 10 Comments