Felix Salmon

View Felix Salmon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Esquire's Investment Advice [View article]
    I couldn't agree more. No one should ever take investment advice from me.
    Feb 13 06:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Credit Card Interest Rates Won't Be Capped [View article]
    Actually, Odysseas, I'm one step ahead of you: I'm on the board of the Lower East Side People's Federal Credit Union, which offers a 9.99% visa card to people who otherwise have 20%+ rates. And yes, we make money on it.

On Jan 02 09:40 AM Odysseas Papadimitriou wrote:

> Felix -- If you think that all credit-card companies have conspired
    > to charge people much more than their credit risk warrants, why don't
    > you start a credit card company and offer a 10% rate to most of the
    > people that have a 20%+ rate?? I am sure you will get a lot of business...
    > :)
    Jan 2 01:59 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America's Insolvent Banks [View article]
    No holdings.

On Feb 17 03:32 AM gtmcduffy wrote:

> I notice there is no disclosure from the author as to his holdings
    > of the stocks discussed in this article (which there is supposed
    > to be)...readers- please be cautious in regard to the underlying
    > motives of this author...
    Feb 17 09:41 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where's the Nationalization Debate? [View article]
    Mike, sure. No holdings.

On Jan 29 09:51 AM mikeg3 wrote:

> Felix:
    > Re: Bank Nationalization
    > Some writers disclose their holdings.
    > Care to do so?
    Jan 29 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where's the Nationalization Debate? [View article]
    Mike, sure. No holdings.

On Jan 29 09:51 AM mikeg3 wrote:

> Felix:
    > Re: Bank Nationalization
    > Some writers disclose their holdings.
    > Care to do so?
    Jan 29 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dubious Statistics of the Day, Toxic Mortgage Edition [View article]
    As I mentioned over at Portfolio.com, where this post was originally published, I will be more than happy to append Professor Bornstein's explanations to this post should he wish to provide them.

As for the identification, Professor Bornstein actually greeted me by name, since my name came up on his caller ID; we had been emailing back and forth a few times, so he knew exactly who I was -- especially since he was the person who initiated the email exchange.
    Dec 30 07:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Blogs, Profanity and Editorial Integrity [View article]
    I'm a top contributor to SA, and one who occasionally uses profanity. When I do so, I do so deliberately, and I don't want to be censored, and I CERTAINLY don't want my "fuck" turned into "f-ck" or "f*!&" or anything like that.

As Mick might remember, I objected to this happening back in September, and SA went back to publishing the full word in this entry:
    seekingalpha.com/artic...

That was the right thing to do. For me, it's simple. You have three choices:

(a) Publish what I've written.
    (b) Don't publish what I've written.
    (c) If you want to publish something I haven't written (eg "f*ck") then ask me first, and I'll probably say no, and you'll have to choose either (a) or (b).

If you choose (a), you will upset the likes of The Simple Accountant. If you choose (b), you won't. Your call. But don't publish something under my name if I haven't written it and I don't want you to publish it that way.
    Dec 14 02:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's the $1 Trillion Question [View article]
    Gramps -- I'm not blaming the government for the current problems, and I'm certainly not blaming the Republicans more than the Democrats. I'm talking about the future, not the past -- the $700 billion fund which will be run by Republicans in the first instance. That's a government scheme, the likes of which we've never before seen. And I'm not convinced that either party has the expertise to do it right -- but certainly not this one.
    Sep 22 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • E*Trade: Don't Shoot The Messenger [View article]
    E*Trade has a bank, called E*Trade Bank, which is insured by the FDIC -- up to $100k.
    Nov 18 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment