Filip Andersson

View Filip Andersson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Finding Order In (Commodity) Chaos [View article]
    Hi Brad, Thanks for the article, it was a good read.

It is however not entirely true that WDTI is the sole exchange-traded fund in our universe. I have found FMF (First Trust Morningstar Managed Futures Strategy) which launched recently. I would love to get your take on the two? The differences I've found between them so far is that FMF have more contracts, up to 34, and is allowed to short energy I think, which WDTI can't according to its strategy. They both have and ER of about 0.95
    Sep 25 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Has The Potential To Become A Leader Once Again [View article]
    "Microsoft's strategy to improve and upgrade the Windows XP platform" I haven't read the Piper Jaffray report but do you mean the 8.1 upgrade, Windows blue? After April 2014 there will be no more security updates or any other updates to XP, which now is twelve years old, and a zero day vulnerability will exist. I haven't got the numbers on active XP installations(but some colleagues are still using it). Do you think this is material for Intel?
    Aug 25 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Tesla Bubble Finally About To Pop? [View article]
    and there has been far to many articles on Tesla the last few days without any news. I'll ignore this stock and its writers only because everyone is thinking exactly the same. You either got in early or are hoping for a pullback so you can do exactly the same and the next chump an buy
    Aug 14 04:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Tesla Bubble Finally About To Pop? [View article]
    Whether TSLA is profitable is debatable, my opinion is that they are still in the red. The profits in recent Q was from leases not from sales
    Aug 14 04:26 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Shares Soar With Search Interest [View article]
    One thing to notice about Tesla And Google Trends is that the interest for Tesla outside USA is zero. The Tilburg assembly facility in Holland is in business and we have received cars in a few European countries but most people don't know or don't care about Tesla. EV and Hybrids from BMW and Volvo is more interesting. I'm excited about the Tesla and hope it receives a good welcoming to Europe, competition is good for the consumer.
    Aug 14 04:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Lululemon Really Dead Money Or A Diamond In The Rough? [View article]
    Thanks Henry for the article.

I do agree that the market may have overreacted to the CEO resignation and your target may be reached again soon. However, I'm not sure if there's a real growth story here. Nike, Adidas, and maybe even Under Armour are not the best examples of competitors if you ask me. They have a much more diversified market, LULE as far as I know does only yoga and it has limitations for growth. For this to be a growth story a new leader is a must and some real steps towards entering other markets. Otherwise an acquisition (from mentioned competitors) might give a jump in the stock, or only rumours there of.
    Jun 21 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BMO Capital upgrades Kimberly Clark (KMB) to Market Perform from Underperform with a price target of $96. [View news story]
    Current price is 95.77, 25 basis point isn't much of a target
    Jun 21 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Investing With A Global Reach [View article]
    Dear Bill, You are absolutely right that 100% correlation is a true hedge. If I can edit the article I'll change this part as it came it wrong. The reason for IFAS is higher yield and larger percentage to real estate development. Thanks for the tip on VNQ and VNQI, I will check them out. Thanks for your comment!
    Jun 9 09:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StatOil: The NOK Vs. The USD [View article]
    Michael, I can't say what the street in Norway thinks of Statoil's performance. As you pointed out the price has been flat for the last 5 years but with a solid dividend. During 2013 a dip in production is expected so it will be interesting to see in which direction the price goes, if it goes anywhere. The government owns 45% of Aker Solutions and 8% of Subsea7 along with several other foreign companies. Subsea7 is also listed on NASDAQ, I just found out.
    Feb 8 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StatOil: The NOK Vs. The USD [View article]
    Mr Fitzsimmons, have you considered extending your research to other areas such as construction and drilling solutions. Two examples would be Aker Solutions or SubSea7. Both companies trade on the Oslo Exchange. Their market cap is considerably lower than Statoil but it could be a play to diversify in the NOK energy sector.

As already been mentioned in the comments, the Special Report on the Nordic countries in the Economist Feb 2, 2013 is well worth the read.
    Feb 8 02:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment