Finance For Yuppies

View Finance For Yuppies' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Assessing Tractor Supply's Long-Term Revenue Growth [View article]
    The model assumes that the existing ratio in the top 10 markets between stores and rural/exurban population can be achieved in other markets.Competition can be stronger or weaker in each state, but overall, given the firm's unique offering and scale relative to smaller regional players, it should easily be able to reach this store count penetration.
    Jan 20 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The IRS' Untold Secret: Tax Loss Harvesting [View article]
    Tj as you stated any attempt to recreate a position using options on a materially similar security or the security itself could trigger the wash sale rule.
    Aug 6 11:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Great Companies With 3%+ Dividends [View article]
    You are correct that they are taxed as a C corp, but they are nonetheless an LP. However under the terms of the firm's partnership agreement, the firm must distribute all excess cash at the end of the quarter. Reference the 6K. I am issuing an edit, thank you.
    May 14 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jamba Juice: Margin And Store Count Drive Growth [View article]
    You are correct on your first point, I will issue an edit. That was an editorial oversight on my part. I was referring to 2013 as next year, when it should say this year.

It is my understanding that they are relatively capital intensive based on what I have seen in other companies namely the producer of Icee. Management indicated that they were "low capital and low labor" in their 10-K, but that appears to be inconsistent with reality. If you have any specific citations that show the actual cost per unit I would greatly appreciate it.
    May 14 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jamba Juice: Margin And Store Count Drive Growth [View article]
    An acquisition is definitely a possibility, but I have not heard anything to indicate who the potential acquirers would be. If the firm continues to perform well and execute on management's long term vision the probability of an acquisition would materially increase.
    May 13 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Western Union: Grossly Misunderstood Value [View article]
    This chart was compiled by the World Bank. It appears as if I did not include the original citation that was on my Word Document. You are correct that the World Bank recently released a revised version of remittance growth projections that are slightly lower. Global remittance growth is approximately 1-2% lower in 2013-2015, nonetheless it will remain in the high single digits and is still projected to accelerate into 2014-2015. Reference page 11 of the report below.

May 10 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment