As a professional speaker, offering investment education workshops through Sanitate Associates for the past 15 years, Mike has received outstanding evaluations from lawyers, CPAs, and non-profit organizations. His 2nd book, Financial Foghorn's Guide to Gold, is available at Financial Foghorn (htpp://www.financialfoghorn.com), where he also offers an irregular newsletter and online education about precious metals.
Mike entered the securities business in 1982. His last position was as the Director of Training for Financial Network Investment Corp. Formerly, he served as a retail stockbroker for Dean Witter, and a portfolio manager for Santa Barbara Bank and Trust (now Union Bank) where he managed more than $145 million dollars of other people’s money. Other relevant financial experience & education includes:
* Baccarat dealer, Kings Castle Hotel, North shore Lake Tahoe.
* Lecturer for the University of Maryland in Germany and Japan.
* Financial columnist for the American Bar Association Journal.
* NASD arbitrator for securities cases in Los Angeles since 1988.
* Toastmasters, ten years membership, Club President, Contest winner.
* Member: California Bar Association, Western Pension Benefit Conference, and the American Society for Training and Development.
* A graduate of Penn State University, and Hastings College of the Law.
* California Community College lifetime teaching credential.
* Speaker at AAII meetings in Pasadena, Los Angeles, and Palm Springs.
* Online financial program presenter (4 workshops) for ACPEN.
A partial list of former speaker clients includes: Corporations - Money Magazine, Bank of America, Goodyear, J.R. Simplot, Northern Telecom, and American Hawaii Cruise Lines.
Law Firms - Alston and Bird, Freeman, Freeman & Smiley, Parker and Milliken, the Fresno, Los Angeles, and North Dakota Bar Associations.
CPA Societies - in over 30 States.
Non-Profit Organizations - Cambridge House 2009 Las Vegas Gold Show, The Aspen Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, The Chautauqua Institution, National Society of Fund Raising Executives, and The L.A. Planned Giving Roundtable - 2005 Investment/Gold Panel.