FinancialStorm

View FinancialStorm's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    I do have a few non-US names, mainly through ADRs. It's an area I'm interested in and am happy to explore some names if you have a few recommendations.
    Feb 6 05:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Hello! Thanks for reading and writing.

I chose the title in part because of what's not in the portfolio. I have what is probably a false impression that many investors with similar goals would hold names like KO, WMT, and MCD, and I don't hold any of these (although I do have WAG and PG). Also, a few of the selections like RBA, CHEOY, NVS didn't strike me as clearly core to a broad audience.
    Feb 6 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for stopping by and writing. I suspect if we had an informal poll, we'll probably get every possible option of what people are doing with VOD.
    Feb 6 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for reading and commenting. At the moment, i do have some large positions (mainly WAG). Overtime,t heyw ill come in line as I prefer to rebalance by adding to the smaller holdings rather than trimming a larger one.

With regards to fixed income, I have a very long time horizon, so your mileage may vary. I sold the one bond fund I held several months ago when I was buying a house on the theory that if interest rates rose before my mortgage rate locked in, I would be sad twice over...If rates do rise substantially, I might consider allocating a portion of our assets that way.
    Feb 6 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    seems like! I think they just announced a 9% dividend increase, which is a nice sign. Still watching. thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 5 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    thanks for the thoughts. i've looked at SE before but not the others. I haven't looked at MLPs as I have a bit to learn about how they are structured and work before I'd be comfortable investing in one.
    Feb 5 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for reading and responding. I like verizon wireless but need to think about how much debt verizon will have and where they are headed. I'm curious if you've thought about where you might redeploy the funds to?
    Feb 5 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for commenting. Always nice to hear from people with similar mindsets. I recall reading that line before and agreeing. Curious if you have thoughts on what holdings to add to the portfolio?
    Feb 5 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen: What Do You Do With A Quick Two-Bagger? [View article]
    Great subject, thanks. I'm in a similar position in that my original lots of WAG were purchased at 30.47 in july of last year. I filled out some more lots after express scripts resolved so my total position isn't quite up as much. I'm definitely holding and thinking something along the lines of "I made what looks like a great initial decision, why screw it up and force myself to try to make another such decision..."
    Oct 29 02:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Why Mobile Doesn't Matter [View article]
    great, thank you. datacenter was definitely a factor in my initial investment. still holding and not worrying too much about it. I'm looking forward to your followup piece.

i'm curious what you think of REITs like DLR and how they might fare in a big data world?

long intc and dlr
    Oct 23 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Safeway: Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Hi, thanks for reading. The calculation is based on the information in this article: http://seekingalpha.co...

It's an approximation that assumes continual compounding but isn't too far off as these things go and makes it simple to compute. I view it as a crude measure and recommend taking any such computation about the future that involves numbers with some salt.
    Sep 17 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • International Equities With 10+ Years Dividend Growth: UK Edition [View instapost]
    Great, good luck!
    Aug 8 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Dividend Growers With Strong Cash From Operations Growth [View article]
    For each company, the first is from ycharts (http://ycharts.com). The percent div increase I made via excell.
    Aug 8 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Dividend Growers With Strong Cash From Operations Growth [View article]
    Good luck! You may want to checkout FastGraphs. I haven't used it personally, but the graphs I see from it in articles are really neat, and it looks like it's pretty customizable. I think there's definitely value in looking at the information visually. The trick is to not forget the information/numbers that aren't being presented...
    Aug 8 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Dividend Growers With Strong Cash From Operations Growth [View article]
    Thanks for reading and checking in. I don't follow NU closely enough to comment intelligently. It's on my list for a serious look sometime in the future. Hope it treats you well.
    Aug 8 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment