FinancialStorm

View FinancialStorm's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is The Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF Primed For Dividend Growth? [View article]
    Great, thank you for reading and writing. It's good to hear from people who've owned for a while and kept track over time. I agree about the valuation (also with regards to many individual names I'm interested in) and personally only invest when I don't have a common equity I want to purchase at a price I like. A more devoted value investor might hold cash and wait. I have some cash but want to be more invested than if I solely waited.
    Apr 26 01:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    thanks for reading and writing. Getting dedicated growth with a reasonable starting yield is definitely a challenge these days.
    Apr 26 01:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This is a great point. Mainly for the ease of keeping most of my portfolio with a single broker. I have a number of common equity holdings as well. This simplifies my life a bit in the event I don't want to reinvest dividends and want to direct other places. I buy in large enough blocks and very rarely sell, so the small commission isn't enough of a % to worry me.
    Apr 26 01:49 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great, thanks for writing. I pay a small commission at fidelity.
    Apr 26 09:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think I'm actually very similar. I have a number of individual names and have been adding VYM when I am not happy with valuations on names I want to purchase. I definitely enjoy watching the individual equities.

Thanks for reading and writing.
    Apr 26 09:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for checking in and writing. I appreciate the comments.
    Apr 26 09:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi smurf,

Thanks for checking in and commenting. I'm evaluating VYM on purpose. There are a number of articles here proposing it for DGI even though, as you note, it makes no explicit mention of dividend growth in its description. But if you look under the hood a bit, you see a lot of potential for dividend growth in the names that end up as part of the portfolio.
    Apr 26 08:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've recently added it to my portfolio and anticipate holding it for years to come unless they really stray from their mission. I also like that it's more evently diversified across sectors than many other index/"passive" products.

thanks for commenting.
    Apr 25 06:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    I do have a few non-US names, mainly through ADRs. It's an area I'm interested in and am happy to explore some names if you have a few recommendations.
    Feb 6 05:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Hello! Thanks for reading and writing.

I chose the title in part because of what's not in the portfolio. I have what is probably a false impression that many investors with similar goals would hold names like KO, WMT, and MCD, and I don't hold any of these (although I do have WAG and PG). Also, a few of the selections like RBA, CHEOY, NVS didn't strike me as clearly core to a broad audience.
    Feb 6 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for stopping by and writing. I suspect if we had an informal poll, we'll probably get every possible option of what people are doing with VOD.
    Feb 6 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for reading and commenting. At the moment, i do have some large positions (mainly WAG). Overtime,t heyw ill come in line as I prefer to rebalance by adding to the smaller holdings rather than trimming a larger one.

With regards to fixed income, I have a very long time horizon, so your mileage may vary. I sold the one bond fund I held several months ago when I was buying a house on the theory that if interest rates rose before my mortgage rate locked in, I would be sad twice over...If rates do rise substantially, I might consider allocating a portion of our assets that way.
    Feb 6 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    seems like! I think they just announced a 9% dividend increase, which is a nice sign. Still watching. thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 5 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    thanks for the thoughts. i've looked at SE before but not the others. I haven't looked at MLPs as I have a bit to learn about how they are structured and work before I'd be comfortable investing in one.
    Feb 5 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Portfolio Off The Beaten Path: Q1 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for reading and responding. I like verizon wireless but need to think about how much debt verizon will have and where they are headed. I'm curious if you've thought about where you might redeploy the funds to?
    Feb 5 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment