FinancialStorm

View FinancialStorm's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Safeway: Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Thanks for writing and sharing some history.
    May 6, 2013. 07:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Safeway: Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Thank you for checking in and commenting.
    May 5, 2013. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Meredith Corporation Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Great, thank you for sharing your thoughts as a former shareholder. I do particularly like the explicit focus on getting cash back to shareholders through dividends and buybacks as well.
    May 2, 2013. 09:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Meredith Corporation Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Thanks for checking in. Good to hear affirmation of a wait and see approach.
    May 2, 2013. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Meredith Corporation Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Incidentally, just saw this: http://bit.ly/14Xm0jX on Morningstar. Focused on publishers successfully increasing magazine readership in electronic formats.
    May 1, 2013. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Meredith Corporation Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    hmm, that's a bit tough. i feel like it's in transition and if it succeeds, that it will have a pretty good run ahead, so I feel pretty comfortable waiting to see. that said, if I wake up tomorrow and the price is around $27 for reasons that don't appear to affect the underlying business, I would have a hard time saying no. Around $32 and I will get serious reading annuals, the latest quarterly, and earnings call transcripts to form my own more definite impression of the long term so that I can react accordingly.
    May 1, 2013. 07:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All Star Battle: Graham Vs. Piotroski [View article]
    Great to see articles like this. Was Piotroski's proposal more market neutral? By which I mean, the idea is to go long things that score highly on the checklist and to short things that scored very poorly. Have you run any backtests that include a significant short component?
    Apr 22, 2013. 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bank of Nova Scotia: Yearly Checkup [View article]
    I use Fidelity which has a synthetic DRIP for free. Original trade was 7.95 as commission, but all dividend reinvestment is free. I don't recall any hassle, but next time I look at my statement if I see something weird, I will report back.
    Apr 8, 2013. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Energy Sector Stocks With Potential To Reach 15% Yield On Cost In 10 Years [View article]
    I'm not sure that you are wrong. One of the attractions of Dividend Growth Investing is that you can try to increase your income stream at more than the rate of inflation. If inflation really is 8% a year for years on end, then I'm in a lot of trouble. But what was the alternative investment that I would have made that was going to beat this year after year after year?

Part of the reason I like DGI is that it gives me a very coherent investing framework that I can implement. I want to get as high of a future YoC as is reasonable, and I hope that it will outpace inflation. I can't control inflation but I can control what I invest in and what I hope that investment will achieve for me.
    Apr 3, 2013. 03:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for checking in. Great to hear the perspective from someone long COP.
    Apr 3, 2013. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Buy CSX Corporation? [View article]
    I'm long NSC. They have a fairly explicit plan in which they pay and increase their dividend. they also have a stock buyback that goes up as price goes down (although they don't publicize the exact formula).
    Apr 3, 2013. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The gurufocus website has it on their main information page for a stock ticker. I went through manually and entered all tickers I was interesting in to get it. I think if you pay membership, you can screen by F-score, but I was just using the free materials. It's baffling hard to find from other locations.
    Apr 3, 2013. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for commenting and pointing out the distinction. I've made your comment "author's pick" so that hopefully others will find it and read it carefully.
    Apr 3, 2013. 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Industrials With Potential To Reach 20% Yield On Cost In 10 Years [View article]
    great point, thanks. for future articles, i'll see if i can have a category that includes stocks that make it if the current price drops 10%. of course, if the current price of the listed stocks drops, that's extra good since, as you mention, you are starting from a stronger position on the yield curve.
    Mar 29, 2013. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Consumer Products Stocks With The Potential To Reach 25% Yield On Cost In 10 Years [View article]
    Great, thanks for commenting.
    Mar 29, 2013. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment