Five Plus Investor

View Five Plus Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • It Is Not Ebola That Is Out Of Control, It Is The Media [View article]
    While I agree with your sentiments on the administration (even stronger, I don't think this administration cares whether America is strong or not, thus the appearance of incompetency which masks for indifference), the fact of the matter is:

Disease we will have with us always.

We should be more outraged that tens of thousands die in hospitals every year over minor, preventable infections than 3 total deaths in the U.S. from ebola. Tens of thousands, in what is the "best" system in the world.

No one is outraged, because the media makes nothing of it.

At some point, it is healthier for one's assessment of what is truly important just to turn off the news.
    Oct 20 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It Is Not Ebola That Is Out Of Control, It Is The Media [View article]
    A few years ago, it was swine flu. I actually caught it, as did my son and husband. It was certainly NOT FUN. But we lived. I am close friends with several nurses, and they didn't even bother getting flu shots that year. They said the media coverage on swine flu was overblown.

Deadly bugs, we will have with us always...

Granted, ebola is MUCH scarier, much more deadly than swine flu...but some perspective is warranted. More people will die of the common flu this year than will die of ebola virus in the U.S., ever.

At least right now, ebola shouldn't be an investing thesis either way.
    Oct 16 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc. Investment Thesis [View article]
    KMR - what if you DRIP KMI? Does this skew the numbers in either KMI or KMR's favor? I am wondering about those reinvested dividends (free in my Scottrade acct).
    Oct 16 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    Indeed. The world's population didn't survive Bubonic plague, black death, the Spanish flu or polio.

Wait, I'm here, which means I must have had ancestors that never contracted these deadly diseases or survived them. Somehow the world's population keeps growing every year, in spite of the tragedies dealt to the human race.

I will enjoy the "Chicken Little" response while it lasts. Weaker hands dealing to the strong.
    Oct 16 02:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    So, you are now flaming 17 people in addition to me...that was nice!

Lighten up a little, life will be more fun if you do!

Take Care,
    Denise
    Oct 13 02:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    Well, my former moniker was "YoYoMama". I've actually "nice-ened" up since becoming a contributor and changing to FPI.

But in all seriousness, if someone doesn't read the article, they shouldn't make comments, especially flaming ones. I will leave it to the rest of the readers (who gave my comment 17 thumbs up) who "flamed" the most.

Take Care,
    Denise a/k/a FPI
    Oct 13 02:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Not Yet Time To Buy [View article]
    I think it also pays to add that a dividend cut is conjecture at this point. Friedrickson has affirmed the dividend payout through the end of 2015. We'll see if that holds!
    Oct 13 12:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Not Yet Time To Buy [View article]
    That 1.4% yield, as you say, is based on today's market price. Eventually, the stock will go back up, given that there is no stock EVER that always, only, goes down...

The problem here is multi-fold: 1) You really should pay attention to the price at which you pay. It does not pay to make your initial investment when a stock is close to it's 52-week highs (not saying eugene did this, just an observance) 2) You must assess if you believe in the company long-term. If so, you need to simply hang on, and think not in terms of market action for days, but for months and years.

I agree with the author, BTW. I am not buying right now, but will DCA when SDRL's market price is on the mend.
    Oct 13 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    @samberpax - you are incredibly insightful into my psyche to have never met me.

My comment was meant as humorous / ironic. I don't know you, so I wouldn't dare to hypothesize, but should I assume your comment back to me means you don't have a sense of humor?

P.S. - my first sentence is also meant as irony...just in case you don't get it.
    Oct 13 11:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    Market bottoms and tops are only visible in hindsight. Sorry.
    Oct 12 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    Sounds like economic terrorism to me.
    Oct 12 03:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    ...which means he would be lying about his holdings, or what he wishes to do with what he writes about. (You have to submit disclosure statement about your holdings before you submit an article).

I often didn't hold what I wrote about either, but if I intended to buy, I would disclose that.

A contributor can't have it both ways and be honest. I hope that's not what you were implying.
    Oct 8 03:52 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    "public opinion on global warming as a threat requiring immediate attention is growing"....

Not sure about that. Have some statistics from from an independent source to back that assertion up?

Here's one for you: http://bit.ly/1rXzWmJ
    Oct 8 03:48 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    redduke - that's a nice slam, but a cogent argument needs evidence.

Oct 8 03:04 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Stocks: How Far Are We In This Correction? [View article]
    If you can't take the time to read, why did you take the time to comment?
    Oct 8 02:54 PM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment