FocalPoint Analytics

View FocalPoint Analytics' Comments BY TICKER:
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    A lot of the money that was keeping CPSTs head above water was coming from US shale oil operations. That source of orders is likely to dry up during 2015. The Mexican order should help to keep their heads above water, but it would not surprise me to see the delivery schedules delayed as the oil industry is under contining pressure to cut spending. CPSTs debt levels increased in 2014, and appears likely to further increase in 2015 unless they cut spending. To me, the uncertainty associated with the companies liquidity has increased irrespective of the pipeline order.

I will continue to monitor the company, but before I re-enter the stock, I am going to need to see some kind of plan that brings spending into alignment with revenues. If they have to go to the financial markets again under these market conditions, I suspect shareholders will end up with something like a 30% hit.
    Dec 16, 2014. 07:05 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Reaches 4 Million Registered Users; Here Are The Numbers That Really Matter [View article]
    Thank you Eli. The reason I was confused was because the article says that you track Direct DAILY Users [DDU]. So the chart is actually plotting DDUs by Weeks.
    Dec 11, 2014. 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    If you want to see something interesting, take a look at a chart for COP. Now add the 50, 300, and 500 day MAs. That's something you don't see everyday.
    Dec 11, 2014. 03:18 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I thought DDUs would be a single number for each day. Why is there a range of DDUs on each day?
    Dec 11, 2014. 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swine Flu, MERS, Ebola And Medical News Concentrator September October 18, 2014 To ???.  [View instapost]
    Thanks for the info Maya.
    Dec 10, 2014. 05:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss Maya. Take care.
    b
    Dec 10, 2014. 03:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 383: Dec. 07, 2014 [View instapost]
    Great explanation HT.
    Dec 8, 2014. 02:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    I really like that suggestion trip!
    Dec 2, 2014. 10:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    Energy accounts for a huge proportion of GDP. Add to that the financial services sector that is holding the bag on all those oil development deals.

Yet the S&P 500 is still increasing? I don't see how that is possible unless the FED is still in the market manipulation business. How long can they hold the market up and how are they doing it? I don't know what they are doing, but the downward pressure has to be increasing.

Might it be a good time to use a leveraged overall market short like SDS (http://tinyurl.com/lgy...) or go directly to the root and short oil SCO (http://tinyurl.com/mp8...)?

Too much oil is being produced and until someone stops producing, downward pricing pressure will continue. The longer that takes, the more storage will be required. I wonder if they will use oil tankers to store the oil like the last time this supply/ demand imbalance occurred? This would be a good time for the US to increase its strategic reserves and provide some support for US oil.
    Dec 1, 2014. 06:04 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    I got an answer from Daniel Hochman at Seeking Alpha about not being able to auto link in the comments.

"We made a change a few months ago to stop auto-linking tickers within comments. Many users found them to be distracting and other times it would auto-link the wrong content- like (A), (B), (C) . How did you find it useful?"

I don't see how anyone that comments on an investment site would not find an auto link to stock symbols as useful. Anyone else think its not useful?
    Nov 30, 2014. 04:46 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    It's a gutsy move by the Saudis who advanced a pawn. It looks like the Russians are going to get hurt. But I can a white bishop being moved in the near future… The Russians need to make up for the lost revenues and will likely apply leverage on Gas prices during the winter. I also see the Russians taking the loss of a piece for a better position via the Ukraine. But than, what do I know, I still think in terms of the antiquated notion of spheres of influence.

Is there a way to play Gas prices in the EU?

I could say a lot more here, but this is not the place for it. I respect that. Besides, what I am talking about is not so much politics, but world stage strategy… I don't think that belongs in the political quick chat either. Perhaps in the EU concentrator???

There are so many things that are truly screwed up.
    Nov 29, 2014. 01:57 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, March 18, 2014 [View instapost]
    It means current shareholders need to hold on to their hats and their wallets.
    Nov 28, 2014. 09:33 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    Passed out! Ack!
    Nov 28, 2014. 08:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #276, November 27, 2014 [View instapost]
    Probably a rib head… That happened to me one day when I was laughing quite a bit… the laughing ended…
    Feel better Guns!!
    Nov 28, 2014. 01:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    A 15-minute blood and saliva test for Ebola is to be tested in Guinea. The solar-powered, portable laboratory should deliver results six times faster than tests currently used in West Africa. http://tinyurl.com/ks5...
    Nov 28, 2014. 08:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment