Forward Looking Guru

View Forward Looking Guru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 'Superperformance' Stocks: Potential New Stars [View article]
    I agree that once Tesla reports a profit, the stock will rally to new highs. Currently the stock is holding $40 nicely, and I suspect it will see $45 again soon, especially if the announcement coming this week is as big as I think it will be. I think you may find my article on Tesla to be beneficial to your thesis. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 9, 2013. 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Aggressive Financing: Revolutionary Or Shortsighted? [View article]
    First off, Apple does offer financing for the iPhone in many countries. Secondly , comparing a $1000 device to an $80,000 device is a bit silly. Tesla's move to offering financing was very smart. The Model S does offer tremendous long term savings, over a comprably priced ICE car and financing will help it reach the market for a $30-50,000 car. I recommend you check out my article on the real savings of the Model S. I think it will give you a greater understanding of the real cost of a model S. http://bit.ly/YwQZ1Q
    Apr 3, 2013. 09:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's New Plan Is Revealed, Investors Don't Look Happy [View article]
    I agree that Tesla is a good investment.
    The stock fell after hours because the news was not what investors were expecting. Today's announcement was a strong positive, and I am confident the next three announcements will be as well. You might find my recent piece on Tesla to be beneficial to your thesis.
    Apr 3, 2013. 03:36 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The High Cost Of Shorting Tesla Motors [View article]
    If Elon intends to buy shares, I don't think he cares if he buys at $20, $30, or $50 :)

I don't think this is what he plans on doing. Just a thought. Remember the holdings company idea he mentioned a while ago?
    Apr 1, 2013. 12:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Model S Sales Exceed Target [View article]
    Keeps customers of the 40kwh battery who thought there was a delay happy. Tesla might even save on the larger battery, and including the supercharging for everyone makes everyone happy. I think Elon mentioned that less than 10% of Model S ordered were the 40kwh. Additionally, I don't think the 40kwh batteries had come in yet. I think this announcement gives us a very good idea about what is coming on Tuesday :)

I recall reading something about there being a mechanical reason for the 40kwh batteries not having the supercharge capabilities.
    Apr 1, 2013. 03:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Model S Sales Exceed Target [View article]
    Tomorrow should be very interesting :)
    Apr 1, 2013. 03:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Model S Owners Could Realize Amazing Savings [View article]
    Solar leasing companies such as Solar City offer free installation, and fixed monthly pricing that is below the cost of the power companies. You pay for the energy you use, rather than the system. This monthly fee supplants your electric bill, and is in fact quite competitive for most regions in the United States. Likewise, if you can afford to buy the system up front ($15,000-25,000), you are entitled to a generous tax credit, and can sell surplus back to the power companies. Additionally, Solar Panels increase the value of your home.
    Mar 24, 2013. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Model S Owners Could Realize Amazing Savings [View article]
    During the earnings call, Elon stated "For every car delivered they receive on average 2-3 reservations." If Tesla delivers 25,000 in 2013, they will likely deliver 40,000 - 50,000 in 2014, and 60,000 - 70,000 in 2015. Tesla's presence in Europe (where gas is up to $11 a gallon) and China (where pollution is a big problem) is in its infancy. They are barely marketing the Model S outside of the USA. They could likely sell 10,000 - 20,000 Model S annually, in California alone. After 2013, once the Supercharger network is fully together, I am confident demand will see a huge jump. I have numerous friends who want to buy an EV, but are reluctant, due to the lack of fast chargers in their neighborhood.
    Mar 24, 2013. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Model S Owners Could Realize Amazing Savings [View article]
    After 2013, Tesla's earnings will be growing by at least 50-100% YOY for 3-4 years. No company growing this quickly receives a PE of 10.
    Mar 22, 2013. 06:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Model S Owners Could Realize Amazing Savings [View article]
    A) The point of this article is that the Model S is affordable for anyone with good credit, who can afford to finance a new mid range car.
    B) Yes, Electricity is practically free for the Model S. If you use Solar to power your car, and aren't near a supercharger, the cost for the electricity is minimal. (~$300-500 annually). Once the superchargers (that will be free for Tesla owners forever) are everywhere, the cost will indeed be next to 0.
    C) I am very certain that will not happen. Furthermore, Obama is pushing for higher incentives for alternative energy.

Even without the Tax Credit, the Model S offers tremendous savings over most ICE cars, and is significantly less costly to own than a comparably priced ICE car.
    Mar 22, 2013. 04:30 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The more smart watch rumors, the merrier: a source tells the FT Google's (GOOG) Android unit is working on a smart watch project that's independent from Samsung's efforts. The paper makes note of a Google patent (filed in 2011) for a smart watch with a "flip up" display and a "tactile user interface." (iWatch rumors: I, II[View news story]
    Google Glass is not likely to catch on. In my article, I explain why. There are a number of factors working against this kind of technology, and I am fairly confident that it will not emerge a consumer good. Smart watches however, are a different story. I'd be interested in knowing what percent of android users would be willing/able to invest in a $150-250 smart watch.

Mar 22, 2013. 04:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: Primed to Undercut Wal-Mart [View article]
    Think of it like this. If Institutions are betting on a bright future for Amazon, they will remain long the stock. I suspect anyone long is in for the "long haul". It's possible the stock remains stagnant, and has topped, but I have not seen any topping signs. It is also possible it will go higher. I don't think a collapse will happen any time soon. I don't think this is a good time to go long, but "I'm fairly confident that shorting Amazon is a bad idea."
    Mar 21, 2013. 04:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: Primed to Undercut Wal-Mart [View article]
    You could be right. However, by your own admission, the entire market knows that it is overvalued for the earnings it has today. If it becomes clear that future earnings will never come, the stock could fall, however, I don't think that would happen for a long time. I can't think of a single good "Fundamental" reason to be short Amazon today.
    Mar 21, 2013. 04:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's 'Project Glass': A Huge Threat To Privacy? [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I think you misunderstood my opinion. I never said "everything done in public should be inherently private". Have you ever Google'd your name to find websites that have mentioned you? Would you be okay with Google making it possible to Google your face and find out everywhere you have been? My concern is that Google Glass could make this possible.
    Mar 21, 2013. 03:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's 'Project Glass': A Huge Threat To Privacy? [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I couldn't agree more. It concerns me that Google is hyping Google Glass as a consumer good.
    Mar 20, 2013. 04:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment