Fountainhead

View Fountainhead's Comments BY TICKER:
AMZN, CI, CMG, F, FB, GOOG, LNKD, NOK, P, S, TSLA, WFC, WMT, YHOO
  • Tesla: The Short Of The Decade? [View article]
    Well written cparmerlee, Amazon is a victim of its own success.
    Aug 21 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: The Short Of The Decade? [View article]
    With a name like Achilles, hope Tesla is not your heel....
    Aug 19 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Another Reason To Be A Bull [View article]
    Ford is doing the right thing - downsizing in Europe, and ramping it up in China and India, which will pay huge dividends in ten years.

If one can stomach the cyclical gyrations, this is a stock worth holding onto to to quadruple in the next 10 years to 45, a gain of 14-15% a year + dividends.
    Feb 12 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Another Reason To Be A Bull [View article]
    Bought some more yesterday.
    Feb 12 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RE: I Bet On Tesla Because Most Investors Don't Understand Electric Cars [View article]
    I own and used to own a lot of boring companies and I agree with you that they usually make the most money.

My point is that some smaller parts of one's portfolio will also go for the Linked in's, TSLA's and more risky companies.
    Jan 23 10:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree.

I'm long TSLA for the next 10 years.

My thesis is pretty straight forward - TSLA should and will remain a niche player, with massive innovation (like Apple), price at the premium end to compete with the Audi's and BMW's.

Why on earth should any one want it to be like a cyclical GM and sport 8-10 times earnings, I'm pretty sure Elan Musk doesn't think of Tesla like a commodity cyclical.

I am surprised at the number of analysts who are talking auto PE's in an article about Tesla.

I also own Ford because of the valuation and you can very well own both, they are different types of investments for at least the next ten years.

Jan 23 10:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Amazon.com The New Wal-Mart? [View article]
    Nonetheless - the Amazon shopping demographic in my opinion is definitely richer than Walmart's.

Therefore the two companies should not be compared just on metrics --- some buyers do not shop at Walmart because of the brand.. its a downer they don't want to go into the store and deal with crowds, bad or non existent service, long checkout lines.

These customers will shop at amazon.com - a) For the price and the ease of shopping at the website b) with Amazon returns, service, shipping has always been customer friendly and c) shopping at Amazon is cooler than shopping at Walmart.

My experience with Walmart.com has been as good as Amazon's but unfortunately this has never been communicated effectively by Walmart -- they should focus on this aspect and really emphasize the website.

Bottom Line - Yes Amazon may be overpriced on PE, but shorts have lost their shorts since 2008 - I would not advise buying it at this price but short it at your own peril - there is a lot more than the Walmart comparison before taking that decision.
    Jul 25 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Things Are Looking Up [View article]
    Re - Windows. I was at a T Mobile store and the owner felt that there were more buyers for the Lumia because of the compatibility with Windows. He also felt that if the Surface was successful it would end up having a halo effect on the Lumia and other windows phones.

I am going to try the Surface, intrigued by it.
    Jun 6 02:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When Will People Understand Ford's Debt? [View article]
    Awesome Jake, Mr. Mullaly is the best.
    May 31 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When Will People Understand Ford's Debt? [View article]
    Good article - I am long Ford.
    May 30 11:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Forever [View article]
    TDOT is right, the debt needs to specified between Ford Credit debt and Ford Motor debt. The debt load tends to be misconstrued otherwise.
    Apr 19 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Forever [View article]
    I too was surprised at the new Lincoln design -- yes there will be a loss of traditional buyers. The research team would have taken a calculated gamble on a completely new design. In the longer run, the jury is still out on this one -- lets wait for more research.
    Apr 18 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Oil Boom May Be Busting [View article]
    Article on Bloomberg seems to agree with you, prices could slide to $60
    Dec 13 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Facebook May Be Thinking Of Buying Whatsapp [View article]
    I think they bought Instagram and may buy Whatsapp as a defensive strategy, they were losing too many viewers. Revenue is not the major consideration.
    Dec 6 12:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Wells Fargo Deserve The Attention It Is Receiving From Warren Buffett? [View article]
    Good article