Fountainhead

AMZN, CI, CMG, F, FB, GOOG, LNKD, NOK, P, S, TSLA, WFC, WMT, YHOO
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Priceline: The Vacation Continues [View article]
    Jebworks, its both
    Feb 27, 2015. 04:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Priceline: The Vacation Continues [View article]
    Priceline bought Meta search website Kayak.com in 2013 - it's the first line after good strategic acquisitions
    Feb 27, 2015. 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Part Of Amazon.com's Core Is Dying [View article]
    AMZN does have real margins - it just gets eroded so fast to defend and grow its business. That would be OK maybe 10 years ago, not anymore, if you spend all your "real" earnings, what's left? No good business should need to do so continuously it could mean that you're not spending your money well enough.
    Nov 10, 2014. 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Part Of Amazon.com's Core Is Dying [View article]
    Good to see you vindicated finally, I know you took a lot of heat from cheer leading Wall Street, glad you stayed short.
    Oct 24, 2014. 01:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Part Of Amazon.com's Core Is Dying [View article]
    Paulo is going to get vindicated further - see this stock tank another 20%.
    A lot of the cheerleaders on wall street are going to desert the ship like rats.
    I'm glad Paulo stayed the course, it is tough being a bear, more essentially being right when the system is ganging up on you.
    Oct 24, 2014. 11:19 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Fire Phone And Kindle Voyage Developments [View article]
    The slide begins, AMZN to 240-250, see WS run in panic, all those cheerleaders will stampede for the exits.
    About damn time!
    Oct 7, 2014. 06:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: The Short Of The Decade? [View article]
    Well written cparmerlee, Amazon is a victim of its own success.
    Aug 21, 2014. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: The Short Of The Decade? [View article]
    With a name like Achilles, hope Tesla is not your heel....
    Aug 19, 2014. 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Another Reason To Be A Bull [View article]
    Ford is doing the right thing - downsizing in Europe, and ramping it up in China and India, which will pay huge dividends in ten years.

If one can stomach the cyclical gyrations, this is a stock worth holding onto to to quadruple in the next 10 years to 45, a gain of 14-15% a year + dividends.
    Feb 12, 2014. 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Another Reason To Be A Bull [View article]
    Bought some more yesterday.
    Feb 12, 2014. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RE: I Bet On Tesla Because Most Investors Don't Understand Electric Cars [View article]
    I own and used to own a lot of boring companies and I agree with you that they usually make the most money.

My point is that some smaller parts of one's portfolio will also go for the Linked in's, TSLA's and more risky companies.
    Jan 23, 2014. 10:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree.

I'm long TSLA for the next 10 years.

My thesis is pretty straight forward - TSLA should and will remain a niche player, with massive innovation (like Apple), price at the premium end to compete with the Audi's and BMW's.

Why on earth should any one want it to be like a cyclical GM and sport 8-10 times earnings, I'm pretty sure Elan Musk doesn't think of Tesla like a commodity cyclical.

I am surprised at the number of analysts who are talking auto PE's in an article about Tesla.

I also own Ford because of the valuation and you can very well own both, they are different types of investments for at least the next ten years.

Jan 23, 2014. 10:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Amazon.com The New Wal-Mart? [View article]
    Nonetheless - the Amazon shopping demographic in my opinion is definitely richer than Walmart's.

Therefore the two companies should not be compared just on metrics --- some buyers do not shop at Walmart because of the brand.. its a downer they don't want to go into the store and deal with crowds, bad or non existent service, long checkout lines.

These customers will shop at amazon.com - a) For the price and the ease of shopping at the website b) with Amazon returns, service, shipping has always been customer friendly and c) shopping at Amazon is cooler than shopping at Walmart.

My experience with Walmart.com has been as good as Amazon's but unfortunately this has never been communicated effectively by Walmart -- they should focus on this aspect and really emphasize the website.

Bottom Line - Yes Amazon may be overpriced on PE, but shorts have lost their shorts since 2008 - I would not advise buying it at this price but short it at your own peril - there is a lot more than the Walmart comparison before taking that decision.
    Jul 25, 2013. 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Things Are Looking Up [View article]
    Re - Windows. I was at a T Mobile store and the owner felt that there were more buyers for the Lumia because of the compatibility with Windows. He also felt that if the Surface was successful it would end up having a halo effect on the Lumia and other windows phones.

I am going to try the Surface, intrigued by it.
    Jun 6, 2013. 02:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When Will People Understand Ford's Debt? [View article]
    Awesome Jake, Mr. Mullaly is the best.
    May 31, 2013. 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment