View as an RSS Feed
View Frank Holmes' Articles BY TICKER:
New Economic Report Card Shows That The U.S. Still Has The Competitive Edge
Fri, Oct. 17 • 3 Comments
- Latest Global Competitiveness Report names the U.S. the third-most competitive nation in the world.
- What are America's strengths and areas for improvement?
- Key emerging markets that rose up the list were China, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Warning: Market Correction Last Week... Did You See The Opportunity?
Tue, Oct. 14 • 15 Comments
- PMI: Why it's commodities' crystal ball.
- The polarity of the dollar and crude oil.
- Natural resources stock priced to move.
How Alibaba Could Capitalize On The eBay-PayPal Split
- The split makes sense although eBay will give up much of its market value.
- Asian e-commerce companies are making huge strides.
- Competition is mounting between Asian and American Internet stocks.
600 Million Reasons To Keep Your Eyes On India
- The country has found itself in the driver's seat of global resources demand and production.
- Since Modi's election in late May, the consumer outlook index in India has risen nearly 8 percent.
- Despite all the good news however, India has many economic and political challenges to overcome.
5 Reasons Why Short-Term Municipal Bonds Make Sense Now
- Investors should remember that when interest rates rise, bond prices will fall.
- If the Fed raised rates tomorrow, what potential implications would that have on the yield curve and bond prices?
- There’s reason to believe that issuing bonds is the most effective way for governments to generate the funding necessary for specific undertakings.
China Defies Analysts' Predictions With An Encouraging PMI
- China's economic health affects global markets, driving commodity demand.
- PMI remains above 50.0, but one-month moving average failed to cross above the three-month.
- The real test is Global PMI.
The Sand Demand: Finding Opportunities Beyond Direct Shale Plays
- How to identify companies that contribute to the energy boom.
- Why sand is a valuable ingredient for fracking, and how this contributes to its demand growth.
- So who is supplying and shipping the sand?
Patiently Waiting For Mean Reversion
- What does the recent underperformance in small caps mean for investors?
- The importance of active management in a bear market.
- A note on the strong U.S. dollar and gold.
U.S. ISM Manufacturing Index Heats Up While China PMI Cools
- Global PMI is showing a slight uptick in August, with the U.S. as a top driver.
- So what can we attribute China's PMI slowdown to?
- Also, the effect of employment data on the global economy.
Gold Jewelry Demand In India Improves
Wed, Aug. 27 • Comment!
- Gold premiums are up this month compared to July.
- Global celebrations are triggering the Love Trade for gold purchases.
- The World Gold Council highlights gold's importance in India.
Good News For Global Growth
Wed, Jul. 9 • 3 Comments
- June's Global Manufacturing PMI came in at 52.7.
- Such a move has proven strong demand for commodities in the past.
- Better economic growth points to strength in the cyclical sector as well.
FATCA: Good Intentions, Poor Design
Thu, Jun. 26 • 7 Comments
- What exactly is FATCA?
- This law could endanger employment and stifle global opportunity.
- FATCA could disrupt the free flow of money in and out of the country.
Gold Investors: Let This Cycle Be Your Guide
- Where we are in the Fed Funds Rate Cycle.
- History shows Phase IV and Phase I positive for gold.
- Keep an eye on money supply growth and global GDP.
In A Flash, China Looks Strong
- China's preliminary flash PMI beat expectations for May.
- Monitoring the one-month versus three-month trend has important implications.
- We could see an exciting second half of the year for energy and commodities.
The Good, The Bad And The Opportunity
- Many economic challenges are a direct result of government policies.
- Global growth is improving however, industrial production is rising.
- Minimum wages in the U.S. are going up along with an increase in bank loans.
Albania's Fertile Grounds For Oil Opportunities
- What Petromanas Energy is exploring in the country.
- The growth of Bankers Petroleum after 10 years.
- Why the geology in Albania is prime for exploration.
China Holds The Keys To The Gold Market
- A new middle class has more money to spend.
- Jewelry is still the top demand driver.
- Industrial demand is increasingly important.
- China is diversifying away from the U.S. dollar.
What's Abuzz About Gold?
- Asia still wants physical gold.
- Is Janet Yellen yelling?
- The Osisko deal is sweet and sour.
- HFT: The new buzz word.
4 Areas Revved Up For A Resources Boom
- There's plenty in the tank for energy stocks.
- The U.S. chemical industry has a competitive edge.
- Shipping companies are at a possible inflection point.
- Alternative energy could get you more green.
- These Gold Charts Will Make Your Heart Beat Faster
- What's The Game Changer For Gold?
- Why The Recent Lift In Junior Miners Will Likely Continue
- Gold Stocks: What To Expect In The New Year
- A Surprising Way To Participate In Today's Tech Boom
- One Of The Most Notable Stories Of The Year: Energy Renaissance In The U.S.A
- Did The Government Shutdown Help The Economy?
- From Taj Mahal To Westminster Abbey: Notes From A Gold Investor
- Understanding The Rise Of China
- Dressed To The Nines With Gold
- Big Ideas On Gold And Resources In The Big Easy
- Don't Miss The Opportunities In Resources
- What The End Of A Greek Tragedy Means For Investors