View as an RSS Feed
View Frank Holmes' Articles BY TICKER:
The $330 Billion Global Tax Break
- When certain stocks drop in price, investors scramble for the exit instead of picking up the bargains.
- There are sound reasons to believe that oil prices will be normalizing sooner rather than later.
- Russia is hemorrhaging capital as a result of international sanctions and crashing oil prices.
Are Oil Prices Ready To Break Out Of The Trough?
Sun, Dec. 7 • 8 Comments
- Global slowdown and abundant oil have prompted the rapid decline in prices.
- Oil markets have historically been quick to recover because exploration and production become unsustainable otherwise.
- Former Saudi ambassador to the United States stated on Tuesday that Saudi Arabia would agree to cuts only if other countries, including OPEC countries, participated.
With Oil And Gold Prices Depressed, Halliburton And Osisko Play Defense
- When one company acquires another, the buyer tends to experience a short-term slowdown during the digestion period.
- Shareholders of the acquired company often benefit because, in an effort to sweeten the deal, they’re given attractive stock swap privileges or other perks.
- How should we view Halliburton's purchase of Baker Hughes?
Explore And Discover The Winners When Gas Prices Fall
- In the United States the national average gas price has fallen close to 20 percent.
- Three of the main contributors to oil’s decline are the strong U.S. dollar, geopolitics, and the acceleration of American oil production.
- American consumers have been treated to an unexpected tax break because of this slump.
The Holiday Alibaba's Jack Ma Built
- Alibaba generates more online revenue on Singles Day than the entire U.S. market does on Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- The data illuminates the urbanization and changing spending habits of China.
- The Alibaba business model is attractive not just to Chinese, but to global consumers.
New Economic Report Card Shows That The U.S. Still Has The Competitive Edge
- Latest Global Competitiveness Report names the U.S. the third-most competitive nation in the world.
- What are America's strengths and areas for improvement?
- Key emerging markets that rose up the list were China, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Warning: Market Correction Last Week... Did You See The Opportunity?
Tue, Oct. 14 • 15 Comments
- PMI: Why it's commodities' crystal ball.
- The polarity of the dollar and crude oil.
- Natural resources stock priced to move.
How Alibaba Could Capitalize On The eBay-PayPal Split
- The split makes sense although eBay will give up much of its market value.
- Asian e-commerce companies are making huge strides.
- Competition is mounting between Asian and American Internet stocks.
600 Million Reasons To Keep Your Eyes On India
- The country has found itself in the driver's seat of global resources demand and production.
- Since Modi's election in late May, the consumer outlook index in India has risen nearly 8 percent.
- Despite all the good news however, India has many economic and political challenges to overcome.
5 Reasons Why Short-Term Municipal Bonds Make Sense Now
- Investors should remember that when interest rates rise, bond prices will fall.
- If the Fed raised rates tomorrow, what potential implications would that have on the yield curve and bond prices?
- There’s reason to believe that issuing bonds is the most effective way for governments to generate the funding necessary for specific undertakings.
China Defies Analysts' Predictions With An Encouraging PMI
- China's economic health affects global markets, driving commodity demand.
- PMI remains above 50.0, but one-month moving average failed to cross above the three-month.
- The real test is Global PMI.
The Sand Demand: Finding Opportunities Beyond Direct Shale Plays
- How to identify companies that contribute to the energy boom.
- Why sand is a valuable ingredient for fracking, and how this contributes to its demand growth.
- So who is supplying and shipping the sand?
Patiently Waiting For Mean Reversion
- What does the recent underperformance in small caps mean for investors?
- The importance of active management in a bear market.
- A note on the strong U.S. dollar and gold.
U.S. ISM Manufacturing Index Heats Up While China PMI Cools
- Global PMI is showing a slight uptick in August, with the U.S. as a top driver.
- So what can we attribute China's PMI slowdown to?
- Also, the effect of employment data on the global economy.
Gold Jewelry Demand In India Improves
Wed, Aug. 27 • Comment!
- Gold premiums are up this month compared to July.
- Global celebrations are triggering the Love Trade for gold purchases.
- The World Gold Council highlights gold's importance in India.
Good News For Global Growth
Wed, Jul. 9 • 3 Comments
- June's Global Manufacturing PMI came in at 52.7.
- Such a move has proven strong demand for commodities in the past.
- Better economic growth points to strength in the cyclical sector as well.
FATCA: Good Intentions, Poor Design
Thu, Jun. 26 • 7 Comments
- What exactly is FATCA?
- This law could endanger employment and stifle global opportunity.
- FATCA could disrupt the free flow of money in and out of the country.
Gold Investors: Let This Cycle Be Your Guide
- Where we are in the Fed Funds Rate Cycle.
- History shows Phase IV and Phase I positive for gold.
- Keep an eye on money supply growth and global GDP.
In A Flash, China Looks Strong
- China's preliminary flash PMI beat expectations for May.
- Monitoring the one-month versus three-month trend has important implications.
- We could see an exciting second half of the year for energy and commodities.
The Good, The Bad And The Opportunity
- Many economic challenges are a direct result of government policies.
- Global growth is improving however, industrial production is rising.
- Minimum wages in the U.S. are going up along with an increase in bank loans.
Albania's Fertile Grounds For Oil Opportunities
- What Petromanas Energy is exploring in the country.
- The growth of Bankers Petroleum after 10 years.
- Why the geology in Albania is prime for exploration.
China Holds The Keys To The Gold Market
- A new middle class has more money to spend.
- Jewelry is still the top demand driver.
- Industrial demand is increasingly important.
- China is diversifying away from the U.S. dollar.
What's Abuzz About Gold?
- Asia still wants physical gold.
- Is Janet Yellen yelling?
- The Osisko deal is sweet and sour.
- HFT: The new buzz word.
4 Areas Revved Up For A Resources Boom
- There's plenty in the tank for energy stocks.
- The U.S. chemical industry has a competitive edge.
- Shipping companies are at a possible inflection point.
- Alternative energy could get you more green.
- These Gold Charts Will Make Your Heart Beat Faster
- What's The Game Changer For Gold?
- Why The Recent Lift In Junior Miners Will Likely Continue
- Gold Stocks: What To Expect In The New Year
- A Surprising Way To Participate In Today's Tech Boom
- One Of The Most Notable Stories Of The Year: Energy Renaissance In The U.S.A
- Did The Government Shutdown Help The Economy?
- From Taj Mahal To Westminster Abbey: Notes From A Gold Investor