Frank J. Constantino

View Frank J. Constantino's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Top 12 Ideas For Your Portfolio In 2014 [View article]
    Cabela's is one of my larger holdings. I wrote an article about it and bought the stock when it was in the low 40's. Great company. I think most analysts and investors realize that the company can't match last years results in the firearms business so I don't expect too much disappointment.

Here is my recent analysis of American Eagle Outfitters. http://seekingalpha.co...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Dec 21 10:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Black Gold Is 'Black And Blue' - Scoop Up Shares Of Phillips 66 [View article]
    Wally, you may also want to read this article by another contributor. It's pretty informative. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 4 05:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wally - PSX retains "significant ownership", according the to S-1, of PSXP. As long as PSX owns a portion of PSXP it benefits PSX shareholders. PSX will receive distributions from PSXP which will support continued growth and an increasing dividend. PSXP will have its own access to the capital markets and can fund growth on its own. PSXP will be able to make its own acquisitions, etc. which will hopefully equal increasing distributions to PSX. I don't really see it as shareholders and PSX giving anything away.
    Apr 4 05:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Have All The Cheap Stocks Gone? 3 Undervalued Picks [View article]
    Good advice Chris! I always look at companies that I know and love for the best ideas. I've looked at LVMH because they own Sephora (which my wife loves). They're a little pricey too. Lew Frankfort is a fantastic CEO at Coach. I'm not too concerned about the transition to Victor Luis as CEO. Also, Lew will be staying on as Executive Chairman. My biggest concern with any of these companies is that they will succumb to the tempation of saturating the market with product. I'm worried that KORS may be doing that now. I see a lot of discounting with KORS merchandise and a lot popping up on the daily deal sites I monitor.
    Mar 26 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Have All The Cheap Stocks Gone? 3 Undervalued Picks [View article]
    It's kind of hard to say, Bob. They are similar in much of their business to a Morgan Stanley or a Goldman Sachs. However, in my opinion, the most exciting part of the business is the ETF segment. In this sense they are very much like Vanguard (also their largest competitor in ETFs). There's no argument that ETFs are here to stay and their assets are going to continue to grow. Some 401(k)s have started offering low-cost ETF options. There's still a huge opportunity for ETFs in retirement accounts. BlackRock is a no-brainer since they already own the majority of the market. It's basically a two-horse race between Vanguard and BlackRock. What they lose in margins (because of low ETF fees) they make up in assets. Eventually ETFs will be as big as mutual funds and BlackRock should be one of the biggest beneficiaries.
    Mar 26 08:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Have All The Cheap Stocks Gone? 3 Undervalued Picks [View article]
    LHP46 - I am speaking on terms of P/E. By price, absolutely CAT was cheaper. I had to go back and check my facts. You are partially correct. At the depths of the recession CAT traded at $21.71. This was about 5x trailing (2008) earnings. However, CAT's earnings collapsed in 2009 and that price would have been 15.3x forward (2009) earnings. CAT is currently trading at 10.89x forward earnings.
    Mar 25 07:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Volatility Stirs Up Big Yields in These 4 Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Going through some older articles and thought it would interesting to update the prices on these companies.

EXC: $33.47 -20%
    MO: $33.69 +31%
    T: $36.14 +29%
    VZ: $48.95 +41%
    Mar 19 10:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Stocks Are Undervalued: 3 Stocks With Good Upside Potential [View article]
    True, HES had had quite a run off its lows. I think it has more room to go. I agree with Elliott Management that the company is undervalued compared to NAV. I should also say, I failed to note that HES has said that it will raise its dividend to $1.00 annually. This is a start but not enough.
    Mar 18 12:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • R.R. Donnelley: Deal Of The Year? [View article]
    According to http://bit.ly/t3XFTe estimated earnings are as follows:
    2012 - 1.81
    2013 - 1.71
    2014 - 1.74
    2015 - 1.76
    2016 - 1.78

Not stating my opinion on the stock. You just need to know what you're paying for.

FC
    Dec 28 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Ways To Invest In The Oil And Gas Boom [View article]
    Thank you Bob! I always enjoy your work as well.
    Apr 18 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google: Much More Than Search, For Better Or Worse [View article]
    Thanks Rufus!
    Mar 24 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google: Much More Than Search, For Better Or Worse [View article]
    Rich - Good point on Yahoo!
    Mar 24 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PetSmart Is Taking Its Share Of A $40 Billion Growth Industry [View article]
    Congratulations on owning PETM since 2008. That has been a nice run. I agree about AMZN being a threat to just about all retailers. However, there are a lot of items at PETM that aren't as conducive to shipping (as you say, bulk food etc.) If you are like me you also pick up several other items while you're there. I also take advantage of the pet grooming services which are higher margin for them.
    Feb 22 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Still Lovin' It [View article]
    MCD isn't cheap at these levels. The story here and the reason I like the stock is management execution, growth opportunity, and recession resistance. I will start adding to my position if the stock gets into the $95-$96 range again. MCD is a long-term holding for me.
    Jan 26 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends, Drug Stocks And Owner Earnings [View article]
    Another excellent article Mycroft! I really like the big drug stocks, mainly due to their yields. However, the capital gains haven't been bad either as you noted. I stayed away from the drug companies for several years as I felt the companies had large bloated cost structures and not much to show for it. Most of them have greatly improved their cost structures and in many cases bought higher potential drugs to improve their pipelines. I have ventured back into the sector over the last year and continue to see good opportunities as the stocks are still pretty cheap. Thanks for your analysis, you really reinforce what I've been thinking this year.

Best,