Frank Voisin

View Frank Voisin's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should Fuel Systems Solutions Be a $15 Stock Again? [View article]
    Thanks Camden - FYI, my content is no longer being syndicated on Seeking Alpha. If you want to see more of my content, check it out at FrankVoisin.com.

Take care,
    Frank
    Mar 31, 2011. 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Fuel Systems Solutions Be a $15 Stock Again? [View article]
    Thanks Mercy - FYI, my content is no longer being syndicated on Seeking Alpha. If you want to see more of my content, check it out at FrankVoisin.com.

Take care,
    Frank
    Mar 31, 2011. 09:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Red Capitalism' Review: Evaluating China's Financial Foundation and Extraordinary Rise [View article]
    Hi everyone - thanks for commenting on my book review. I am no longer being syndicated by Seeking Alpha. You can find my content exclusively at FrankVoisin.com

Thanks,
    Frank Voisin
    www.frankvoisin.com
    Mar 27, 2011. 10:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is Lorillard so Cheap? [View article]
    This is a mistake. To clarify, I have not yet bought. I apologize for any confusion.
    Mar 18, 2011. 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Asta Funding's Stock Price May Soon Reflect Its Reality [View article]
    I am also long, and here is the writeup I did on ASFI: www.frankvoisin.com/20.../
    Mar 15, 2011. 04:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Diana Shipping: Industry's Best in Class Poised for Success [View article]
    ADRs are for foreign companies that list on foreign exchanges but want access to American markets. They take some number of their shares and put them in deposit with an American institution which then lists the ADR. Alternatively, foreign companies can list directly on American exchanges and avoid ADRs.
    Feb 26, 2011. 02:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HQ Sustainable Maritime Is Undervalued [View article]
    "Bernie Madoff ain't got nothing on these guys."
    ... Really?
    Feb 25, 2011. 02:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears Holdings: Undervalued in Run-Off [View article]
    Hi - I wrote this article a while ago and put it in the queue for publication on my site. SeekingAlpha grabs content from my site automatically. This explains the price discrepancy

Frank Voisin
    www.frankvoisin.com
    Feb 25, 2011. 02:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Roasters: The Perils of Investing in Overvalued Companies [View article]
    Rather than evaluate the investment ex post based on its past returns, I am asking for the long thesis today, in light of its current valuation. That is, what are the characteristics that justify purchasing today that have not already been priced into the stock?

I am not suggesting the stock be shorted, nor am I especially bearish on the stock. The post is simply discussing a newspaper's article about how expensive it is on a number of metrics. Perhaps you could explain what your reasoning is for continuing to hold it? Would you buy at current levels?

Thanks,

Frank Voisin
    www.frankvoisin.com
    Feb 21, 2011. 08:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overwhelming Risks Make CSP an Uncertain Earnings Play [View article]
    I post to www.frankvoisin.com
    My posts get picked up by various websites automatically.
    I have no position in CSPI.

Frank
    Feb 14, 2011. 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Gaming Partners International Worth Watching? [View article]
    Yes jboguslawski is correct. I should have written EGA rather than SHFL.
    Jan 28, 2011. 12:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Helen of Troy: Boring, But Cheap [View article]
    How are you coming up with a long-run expected average of $100m FCF? It looks to me like they've exceeded $100m only twice in 15 years, but that generally its FCF has been horrendous. Thoughts?
    Jan 26, 2011. 12:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rain or Shine, Sherwin Williams: The Ultimate Buy and Hold Stock [View article]
    FYI: Dividends go back to 1987

I agree with a lot of what is said here, but I think the window of opportunity was earlier in the year. It is now trading at an all-time high. The market is already pricing in an eventual rebound in the housing market.
    Jan 20, 2011. 10:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • On Flawed Comparisons: SuperValu and Great Atlantic-Pacific Tea Co. [View article]
    GoSolar, they've got a revolver with lots of room. No problems with the covenants or debt maturities. Their liquidity appears fine.
    Jan 14, 2011. 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overhill Farms: Sprouting Profit? [View article]
    Hi Tom

I appreciate your comments, though I think it is important to not judge the riskiness of a situation after the fact based on the outcome (an ex-post analysis). Whether the stock subsequently goes up or goes down is not relevant to judging risk properly, which is an ex ante assessment of the risk of a permanent loss of capital. I will derive no enjoyment if the stock subsequently declines and I am "right" based on your metric. Likewise, I won't feel bad if the stock skyrockets and I am "wrong" based on your metric (trust me, this has happened more times than I care to admit). From my perspective, there does not currently exist a sufficient margin of safety, and so from an ex ante view, I am judging the situation to be too risky. Future events don't have an effect on that.

Good luck with your investment, and I do hope it works out well for you.

Frank Voisin