Fredrik Arnold

View Fredrik Arnold's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 14.21% Advantage For 5 Financial Highest-Yield, Lowest-Price March Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for your sharp eyes, william12. I have no clue where the $10.61 share price for CMO came from. (Another planet?) However, it was not from this year. The last time CMO price was in the $10 range was spring of 2009. At the correct $11.97 share price, CMO would not have made the top ten by yield nor the top ten by upside or net gain. Nevertheless, the results for this article's five featured finds would not change. My apologies for my error. I'll fire the proof-reader, (me) again!
    Mar 4, 2015. 10:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 32.23% Edge To 5 Monthly Dividend, Highest-Yield, Lowest-Price, End Of February Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for asking about the intent of this article, TexasRTD.

The desire to find the best bargains in dividend stocks is what drives the weekly reiteration of these MoPay dog lists. Finding the lowest possible market price or bottom for these puppies may be what keeps readers reading.

I know whenever I buy one of these pups, I'm trusting that the high yield is signaling an opportunity to buy at a point where the future dividends will at least sustain themselves, preferably increase annually. I also want the stock price to surge immediately after my buy order is confirmed.

What really happens, however, is entirely up to Mr. Market.
    Mar 2, 2015. 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 31.7% Advantage For 5 Monthly Paying, Highest Yield, Lowest Price, Late-February Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for your question, steve46. I think payout as a percent of profit is an excellent test to run when evaluating these high yield, low price puppies for investment. One might be able to detect a level of risk by means of the suggested calculation.
    Feb 23, 2015. 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the heads up, bruce.cameron. I looked up the press release. ARP announced a $0.1083 per share distribution for January. The December distribution was $0.197 per share.
    Feb 23, 2015. 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for commenting, Hardog. High yield frequently culls out scary financial reports. Many a knife has fallen from these lists. Beware.
    Feb 23, 2015. 08:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Top Global Dividend Dogs Posit 53% To 92% February Upsides [View article]
    Thank you for the head's up, BTinSF. My usually reliable source slipped up on SAN.
    Feb 20, 2015. 07:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5.79% Advantage For 5 Russell 2000, Highest Yield, Lowest Price, February Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for your observation bsorge! We know the entire financial sector wants higher interest rates because that's how banks make the big bucks. Meanwhile, these stocks offer the income through dividends that savings accounts used to provide from interest. Timing for that bank rate hike has yet to be determined.
    Feb 17, 2015. 04:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Ace Aristocrat Dividend Dogs Stoke 5.2% To 23.5% February Upsides; Only 3 Lag [View article]
    Thanks for asking about a Dogs of the S&P500 Aristocrats fund, Fred Theile. I think its a good idea. Several ETFs exist based on Dogs of the Dow. Pro Shares has an ETF to track the Aristocrats as a group as does S&P.
    Feb 16, 2015. 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big February BDCs Fetch 18.4% Yield; 31.26% Upside; 43.9% Net Gain [View article]
    I feel your pain, Idpalumbos, thanks for sharing. Analysts publish their guesses for company price moves one year ahead. Company management only tell about dividend changes at best a month out, at worst after the fact. I'll get my technology team working on a dividend management predictive algorithm to break the code.
    Feb 11, 2015. 07:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Finest MLPs In February: 25.34% Yield; 83.67% Upside; 97.1% Net Gain! [View article]
    Thanks for asking, A P. Some have bottomed. Some have not. On the whole most have paused and some have begun to rise again. Let's see what another month brings.
    Feb 9, 2015. 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ruling REITs Of February: 20.8% Yield; 30.6% Upside; And 35.6% Net Gain [View article]
    Thanks Urbannek, ARR has been ill for some time. Apparently the Wall St. wizards have not yet noticed.
    Feb 8, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the heads up, Jgrever621. My apologies for missing the notice.
    Feb 8, 2015. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Boldest Bad Boy Dividend Dogs Rip 33% To 99% New Year Upsides [View article]
    Thanks for noticing the halving of the NKA anticipated dividend for 2015, purplemountaingirl. What sharp eyes you have! Storage is a strong asset when prices are low. Speculators are filling tankers with cheap crude and putting out to sea in anticipation of higher prices (according to Bloomberg). I suspect a halving of the NKA dividend is about as much as we'll see. Annual dividends are always just guesstimates.
    Jan 30, 2015. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, Lucas. Many see the decline in energy prices as a sky is falling scenario, as did Chicken Little.
    Jan 30, 2015. 09:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 26.3% Advantage For 5 Late January Monthly Pay Lowest-Priced, High-Yield Stocks [View article]
    Thanks Norman, Miz, and Jim for your comments on the slippery slope beneath the oversupply of money and oil. I too am looking for ARR to plumb the bottom but also have two new plays in CVX and XOM in the Dow kennel. Think what a year can bring!
    Jan 29, 2015. 07:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment