Furbonacci

View Furbonacci's Comments BY TICKER:
  • GT Advanced rallies; SA author upbeat about mobile solar cells [View news story]
    2 microns thick is impossible
    Mar 3 07:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced Technologies: Is About To Enjoy Some Apple Solar Pie [View article]
    Take $2 in EPS in 2016, with that kind of growth and markets GTAT can serve a P/E of 30 is a real possibility. Using a 15% discount rate, this thing could be trading at $22 bucks right now and I would consider it a fair valuation. This stock truly has "optionality" oozing all over it. The possibilities are limitless, they are a modern day hi tech GE with less than 1% of the market cap. GT is still a very small company that will grow into a juggernaut. I've been long since GT SOLR, so I have seen the ups and had a mid life crisis when it hit below 3. I should have bought more, but was happy to just not have sold and given up completely. Insiders taking profits at 14 makes sense for them, we still have the general market to worry about and they aren't getting paid that much money - especially for the moves TG has made in the past few years. I for one am waiting for this thing to dip to around $10 so I can load up like I should have. TO THE MOON!
    Mar 1 07:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    #1 rule in manufacturing - if you have a competitive advantage, don't post a video of it online for all to try and figure out and copy.
    Mar 1 07:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Returns Cannot Exceed Intrinsic Value Growth Forever [View article]
    long MKL as well...

I have one question I would like answered if you could. Every time someone mentions a reversion to the mean for something in a market that is so young it bothers me. The world is very different today than it was even 80 years ago, and 80 years isn't that long, especially when it comes to gathering data points. I mean how many trading days have there been in 80 years? - 20,000? How many "full cycles" have there been?

I enjoyed the article though.
    Feb 23 08:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Be Fooled By Gordmans' Discount [View article]
    i have no idea where the bottom is in this, but yeah this could be it
    Jan 2 03:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Be Fooled By Gordmans' Discount [View article]
    even below our worst expectations, great job management
    Dec 27 06:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FCC chairman hints spectrum rules will favor smaller carriers [View news story]
    STRP?
    Dec 3 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No love from Goldman Sachs for Ann [View news story]
    not an owner of the shares but I must say that goldman is DEAD WRONG on this one. this is THE most shareholder friendly and competent management in the space. ANN could be paying a 4% dividend right now and everyone would be all over them. they are investing in stores and buying back shares, all positive LONG TERM. I have respect for goldmans long term macro forcasts but this is just horseshit. I hope ANN trades at 29 because I would love the shares at that price.
    Nov 18 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Institutional Investor Trades GT Advanced Technologies [View article]
    sold 75% of my position today for a handsome gain, holding the rest for now. The apple deal is great for apple and "should" be great for GTAT if they can leverage the press to make sales in other areas. the steady income stream will help. It lets customers know that GT will be there when they won't be so sure about everyone else. This should enable GT to grow into a larger company - so why did I take some off the table? It seems as if "next year" is always the year with GTAT. I'm sick of hearing about future earnings and would like to see something substantial. The deal is nice but what about the other businesses? I understand and applaud the move for the long term but I just dont feel comfortable paying 25x forward earnings right now. I'm a value investor who just happened to find a growth stock at the right time and stuck with it for the short covering. I still believe in the business, the stock is just too rich to be 130% leveraged long like I used to be. I hope I am right and am selling near an intermediate top but if I am wrong I will have my 25% position to cry on.
    Nov 5 07:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Institutional Investor Trades GT Advanced Technologies [View article]
    Its not going below 6
    Oct 31 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tech momentum plays dive again [View news story]
    momentum trading creates opportunities for value minded investors, i say let them lose their shirts! GTAT isnt a momo, it was just severely undervalued at 2.60 a share and at 8 still represents opportunity for long term investors.
    Oct 28 05:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Institutional Investor Trades GT Advanced Technologies [View article]
    nania you sound like an infomercial, just write an article about it
    Oct 14 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Institutional Investor Trades GT Advanced Technologies [View article]
    still long, i would take a buyout at $16 per share and would at least consider selling a chunk if we hit 12
    Sep 20 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced Technologies Management Discusses Q2 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    stop thinking like a quant and look at the business. its not going to zero. thanks for the your / youre correction. you still understood what i said
    Aug 28 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Longbow upgrades Select Comfort [View news story]
    had to $1 up us didnt you?
    Aug 27 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment