Garden City Growth and Value

View Garden City Growth and Value's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Altria: Accumulate This Cash Cow And Enjoy A 5.5% Dividend Yield [View article]
    I agree
    Dec 13, 2013. 09:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Retail: Meet The New Boss, Better Than The Old Boss [View article]
    Your welcome.
    Oct 16, 2013. 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon Offers 4.5% Yield And A Cash Cow Wireless Business [View article]
    Jhunterbob, I modeled the increased interest expenses into my discounted cash flow model.
    Oct 4, 2013. 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon Offers 4.5% Yield And A Cash Cow Wireless Business [View article]
    Thank you Michael. I feel the same way. I like the stock, love Verizon Wireless, loath Verizon Wireline and want a better entry point because I believe the stock market in general and Verizon in particular are fairly valued.
    Oct 4, 2013. 11:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon Offers 4.5% Yield And A Cash Cow Wireless Business [View article]
    The deal is accretive because Verizon no longer has to give out 45% of VZW's profits to Vodafone each year and because it simplifies the company's corporate structure.
    Oct 4, 2013. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon Offers 4.5% Yield And A Cash Cow Wireless Business [View article]
    I prefer to buy my stocks if they are at a 20% discount to my fair intrinsic value. IMO, Verizon is a Neutral stock that investors would buy primarily for its income yield.
    Oct 4, 2013. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prem Watsa Bails Out BlackBerry [View article]
    Sam, we're still trying to get the point from your post. If we wanted to read BlackBerry's corporate Kool-Aid, we would simply look for it on BlackBerry's website.

I was pointing out how the BlackBerry 10 was a dull, wimpy, weak little system that failed to deliver and put the company in a weakened position in which it had to accept a $9/share buyout offer from Prem Watsa.
    Sep 24, 2013. 09:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Microsoft's $40B Buyback And Dividend Increase Boost Its Share Price? [View article]
    Darturtle, MSFT's employee stock compensation issuance was addressed in the second paragraph.
    Sep 22, 2013. 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Offers A 5.25% Dividend Yield And Consistent Share Buybacks [View article]
    Sep 19, 2013. 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment