Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Thoughts on the Rally [View article]
    As usual the frustrated carping double dippers are in CBPs face. Hey you guys...take a slow baltic dryship through the Suez Canal to China!
    Feb 18, 2011. 04:15 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All Signs Point to a Major Shift in the Economy [View article]
    Oh boy....paradigm shifts, black swans, end of history, megatrends, Japan Inc, China Inc, Black Ink, Famine 1975! 1985! ...whatever..Peak Oil...

Been there done that. .
    Feb 17, 2011. 03:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alternative Energy Technologies and the Origin of Specious [View article]
    If you don't like carbon, please don't exhale.
    Feb 17, 2011. 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Primer on Valuation: 9 Very Fast-Growing Super Stocks [View article]
    Well done. I will incorporate this material into my investments class with due credit, F.A.S.T. !
    Feb 17, 2011. 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Willing to Compete in New Arenas [View article]
    By the way don't forget many columns and writers have legions of us lurkers. If you are lurking, you are listening; if you are listening, you are learning; and if you are learning, you become much better investor. Some of you know I occasionally break out with Pandora comments...but ya'all know em by now! Back to being a lurkin' gherkin!
    Feb 17, 2011. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Stop for IBM's Watson: Healthcare? [View article]
    Yeah right. I ask to visit a clinic in a big US city and it sends me to Toronto. No thanks! :)

GO WATSON GO!
    Feb 17, 2011. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Pharma Now Realizes It Got 'Snookered' Over Obamacare Exclusivity Deal [View article]
    Just as RINOs are not true conservatives, Pharma bigwigs are not true capitalists. Like most appeasers who shell out payola for a seat at the table, they found out they are on the menu. The device manufacturers are finding the same thing.

The challenge for true republicans is how to punish the Phamahacks without punishing their long suffering shareholders.
    Feb 17, 2011. 10:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug-In Vehicles Are a Luxury No Nation and No Investor Can Afford [View article]
    $300 a barrel by 2020? Is this the same guy who forecast $200 a barrel by 1990?
    Feb 14, 2011. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora and the Folly of Targeting Customers Who Refuse to Pay [View article]
    Nothing is more personal than music and I am taking all of your wonderful tightwad/whatever comments with a huge chuckle and grain of salt as EVERY internet user should. This being an investor website, its ok to BE wrong but don't STAY wrong: so if you guys have put me onto an opportunity with SIRI than I will be very grateful for it. But for the moment SIRI is for NPR wannabees.

By the way nothing shows how pathetic SIRI listeners are to ask "Who is Joni Mitchell. " :)
    Feb 14, 2011. 02:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I bike in the Alps often and in other mountain ranges throughout the world as well. What a GREAT idea regenerative braking would be. I could use the descent of Col de L'Iseran to help push me back up the Petit St Bernard.

In any case, thanks for another great article. I am sure you are happy with XIDEs recent performance. Your short Tesla/long Xide was spot on.
    Feb 14, 2011. 01:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    By the way John I notice than even on National Public Radio, the official choice of 'lets you and him pay for the Leaf, Bullet trains and ethanol' set, the Nissan Leafies have stopped referrring to their vehicle as a zero emissions vehicle. Methinks they read your suggestion a few months back that state attornies general (attorney generals to you Loma Linda HS Honors graduates!) file suit about specious claims of zero emissions, even as coal ash goes up the stacks to charge their batteries.

I must admit next time i see a lawyer in the road ahead, I just might tap my (regenerative) brakes a bit. Rock on John!
    Feb 14, 2011. 11:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora and the Folly of Targeting Customers Who Refuse to Pay [View article]
    My buddy has Sirius in his SUV. Waste of time, space, precious spectrum bandwidth, and sounds like a bunch of NPR wannabees playing whatever indescribably simplistic slice of music people refer to as 'taste.' In contrast yesterday on my Pandora "Joni Mitchell" channel i sat back for hours as the music wandered the entire gauntlet of folk and melody. A few ads broke up the music and reminded me only of how much I HATE npr and sirius constant reminders about how priceless and commercial free they are.
    Feb 14, 2011. 08:42 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Egypt Today, Saudi Arabia Tomorrow? [View article]
    Awesome! 1 bushel of grain, one barrel of oil. Otherwise, King Abdullahdude, see ya on Al Jazeera!
    Feb 13, 2011. 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Anything Really Wrong With Cisco? [View article]
    Well why should i happy if lower margin products are cannibalizing previous items? I should be happier with suicide by Cisco instead of homicide by competitors? Extra extra! To stay in business Panera Bread has agreed to market Dreikorns sliced white!
    Feb 11, 2011. 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has This Rally Only Just Begun? [View article]
    Like the 1980s, this market smells less regulation, fewer taxes, better technology (computing, energy, bioengineering, and others) and a continued triumph of democratic capitalism. The Obama years will be as reviled and as revealing as the Carter years.
    Feb 11, 2011. 11:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment