Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Stocks Are So Overrated [View article]
    "Another issue also hangs out there that grabs my attention. For about the first 60 years of this chart from the late 1920s to the late 1980s, the three lines on this chart are all fairly close together."

That is because you do not use a logarithmic vertical scale. Exponential growth always should use this feature.
    May 28, 2015. 03:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Leading Indicators Inconsistent With Late-Cycle Fears [View article]
    Gabba gabba hey!
    May 20, 2015. 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Just Happened In The U.S. Treasury Market? And Does Bill Gross Have A Crystal Ball? [View article]
    The DJIA will reach 30,000. I am not wrong...just early.

Gross is not only a clown, he is gross... :)
    May 8, 2015. 02:57 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Appeals court throws out FCC's order to reveal contracts [View news story]
    Like the old ICC (Interstate commerce commission) the FCC should be dispatched to the dustbin of history. Along with the Dept of Energy, Education, Homeland Security, and vast sections of agriculture, interior, commerce, and state.
    May 8, 2015. 12:41 PM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Developments That Might Kill The For-Profit College Industry [View article]
    These are not colleges: they are student loan delivery devices. A class of 200 students paying $2000 in tuition for that class is taught by a sad-story adjunct professor earning, maybe, $2000 TOTAL. To boot money is not released until the grades are submitted: and by then, what power do the faculty have?

The rest goes to the administration and to pad the folks supposed to provide oversight.
    May 8, 2015. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Still Facing Pressure [View article]
    And don't forget those Latin Americans LOVE TO TALK! Aiiiii..CARUMBA! :)
    May 3, 2015. 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Second Quarter Outlook [View article]
    Thanks for the timely analysis and attached data, Chris. KUDOS on your consumer discretionary stuff.
    Apr 27, 2015. 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Drop In Industrial Production Is Actually Good News [View article]
    EX-ACT-ly. Compared to the bubbleheads and zero-hedgers, CBP makes me proud to be an economist.
    Apr 20, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2% Inflation Is Alive And Well [View article]
    I was gonna say get ready
    for the inflation whackos.....but I see they are already here.
    Apr 20, 2015. 12:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Breadth Is Fine, But Keep An Eye On The Transportation Average [View article]
    Sorry for the delay, I was in the mountains. You are correct, the A/D really is just tracking SPY. What I should have said was that in February the A/D for SPY was quite strong and ahead of the move, foreshadowing a new high, perhaps. No such luck this time.

IN any case my chief concern in the IYT. That and the rattlesnakes around here.

GAry
    Apr 18, 2015. 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Be Afraid: The Next Recession Is Likely To Include Wage Deflation [View article]
    Wage deflation: except in th PUBLIC sector, of course. There, like in Europe, "austerity" means only twice the rate of inflation. :)
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Increasing My Verizon Stake [View article]
    and get 1.36%?
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:31 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Increasing My Verizon Stake [View article]
    I use both writing covered calls and writing puts to increase/decrease my position after brief pops and selloffs....and enjoy the income too. Yummy!
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Climbing A Slow Growth Wall Of Worry [View article]
    Awwww....geee....i wanna read more panic attacks at Seeking Alpha! You are a breath of fresh air CBP.
    Apr 5, 2015. 04:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dollar Drivers [View article]
    Strong dollar hurts America because it hurts out exports. Weak dollar hurts America because it means the Chinese will find a new world currency.

Sorry state of macro economic analysis in this country.
    Apr 5, 2015. 04:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment