Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Second Quarter Outlook [View article]
    Thanks for the timely analysis and attached data, Chris. KUDOS on your consumer discretionary stuff.
    Apr 27, 2015. 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Drop In Industrial Production Is Actually Good News [View article]
    EX-ACT-ly. Compared to the bubbleheads and zero-hedgers, CBP makes me proud to be an economist.
    Apr 20, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2% Inflation Is Alive And Well [View article]
    I was gonna say get ready
    for the inflation whackos.....but I see they are already here.
    Apr 20, 2015. 12:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Breadth Is Fine, But Keep An Eye On The Transportation Average [View article]
    Sorry for the delay, I was in the mountains. You are correct, the A/D really is just tracking SPY. What I should have said was that in February the A/D for SPY was quite strong and ahead of the move, foreshadowing a new high, perhaps. No such luck this time.

IN any case my chief concern in the IYT. That and the rattlesnakes around here.

Apr 18, 2015. 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Be Afraid: The Next Recession Is Likely To Include Wage Deflation [View article]
    Wage deflation: except in th PUBLIC sector, of course. There, like in Europe, "austerity" means only twice the rate of inflation. :)
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Increasing My Verizon Stake [View article]
    and get 1.36%?
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:31 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Increasing My Verizon Stake [View article]
    I use both writing covered calls and writing puts to increase/decrease my position after brief pops and selloffs....and enjoy the income too. Yummy!
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Climbing A Slow Growth Wall Of Worry [View article]
    Awwww....geee....i wanna read more panic attacks at Seeking Alpha! You are a breath of fresh air CBP.
    Apr 5, 2015. 04:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dollar Drivers [View article]
    Strong dollar hurts America because it hurts out exports. Weak dollar hurts America because it means the Chinese will find a new world currency.

Sorry state of macro economic analysis in this country.
    Apr 5, 2015. 04:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When $100 Gets You A Sandwich And A Coke [View article]
    When I was on assignment in Russia for two years I had both Rubles and Dollars in my desk drawer. A mouse moved in overnight and chewed up currency to make himself a nice warm home.

Not a single dollar was destroyed: only rubles were chewed up.

Think of it: that mouse was smarter than central bankers, including Janet Yellen!
    Mar 27, 2015. 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Reluctant Recovery Continues [View article]
    Raise taxes and expect the government to live within its means. RIgggggghhhht!!! Hillary has a server just for you.
    Mar 26, 2015. 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Of Seeking Alpha, From One Contributor's Perspective [View article]
    These days there are intelligent webbots that can put entire articles together, as well as (usually) intentionally damaging article comments. You used to be able to discern these bots because of constant similarity of structure, word counts always within certain limits, etc. They have gotten better since and it can be a challenge responding to comments that you suspect are generated deep in the bowels of some server somewhere.
    Mar 26, 2015. 08:35 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • '60 Minutes' Tackles Rare Earths [View article]
    Folks: bone up. PEAK OIL is dead.

The latest fantasies: peak WATER (Which falls from the sky) and
    peak "rare earths," which aren't even rare.

Fool you once, shame on me. Fool you twice, shame on you.
    Mar 23, 2015. 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • '60 Minutes' Tackles Rare Earths [View article]
    Does anybody even WATCH, let alone BELIEVE, sixty minutes any more?

The most important thing about rare earths? They aren't rare.
    Mar 23, 2015. 11:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inflation Not A Concern For The Fed [View article]
    Awwwww...come ON! The inflation rate is REALLY....well, what is zero hedges' latest bull? 25% annually? :)

My goodness don't you realize Disney just raised prices?
    Mar 20, 2015. 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment