Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nominal And Real Wages: The Agony And The Ecstasy [View article]
    "Instead, all of the real growth in wages is coming from the collapse in the price of gasoline.."

Drill baby drill!
    Feb 6, 2015. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Weighing Heavily On Junk Bond Market; Watch For Contagion [View article]
    Chris at first it took a LONG time for markets to respond to weak junk weakness...now the lag is much less. Are investors getting wiser?
    Feb 5, 2015. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Economy Expands At A Modestly Faster Pace In January [View article]
    People expecting a recession have not been "surprised" by any data to the contrary for years, so I doubt this is going to anything other than disappoint them that their global collapse is, once again, deferred.
    Feb 5, 2015. 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Prices At $250 Per Barrel Vs. NATO's Geopolitical Issues [View article]
    Ahhh, yes....NATO reaches the pacific! The ultimate example of self serving mission creep.
    Russia now, as then, remains a third world country with nuclear weapons. Can't wait for "China Inc" (the latest 'inc' bubble since "japan inc" burst a couple decades ago) to suffer a similar fate. A couple more dozen empty mega-cities connected with bullet trains should do the trick.

Meanwhile, on deck and next up at bat, India Ink. I mean Inc!
    Feb 5, 2015. 12:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The End Beginning For The Euro Dream? [View article]
    You mean the end of the Euro nightmare. Thanks for the market based analysis, though. Informative reading.
    Feb 4, 2015. 04:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks give up gains as ECB rejects Greek paper as acceptable collateral [View news story]
    Beware of Gifts bearing Greeks.
    Feb 4, 2015. 04:05 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Super Bowl was most-watched TV program in U.S. history [View news story]
    DEFLATE THIS! The commercials were great, loved the Nationwide commercial, as usual Doritos was the best. Bring back BRADY bonds!
    Feb 4, 2015. 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. January Sales Shock: GM's New Midsize Truck Outsold Tesla 7:1 [View article]
    WOW! An article about buying a vehicle because of comfort, convenience, and performance, instead of some envirowhackjob fossil fuel guilt trip. Might even get me off the bus!

Just kidding.
    Feb 4, 2015. 09:17 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: Greece Continues European Tour For Debt Deal [View article]
    Greece reminds me of NPR with its semi-annual beg-a-thons. Lets hope they suffer the same fate: irrelevance.
    Feb 4, 2015. 07:46 AM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney files smash-hit quarter with record revenues [View news story]
    I have! And Snickers, and Hershey Bars, and.....
    Feb 3, 2015. 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney files smash-hit quarter with record revenues [View news story]
    God this report has me FROZEN!
    Feb 3, 2015. 10:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding Value In The Dividend Aristocrats List [View article]
    Scott I believe in keeping it simple, but I also use puts and call writing to ease me into and out of positions in decent dividend paying blue chips, and the option income really augments my income while also controlling my risk a bit.
    Feb 3, 2015. 09:40 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding Value In The Dividend Aristocrats List [View article]
    Love it! Thanks for a great start to follow up with my own dil dewagence. I mean my own dew dillagents...well, you know what I mean.
    Feb 3, 2015. 09:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Checkmate For Greece? [View article]
    Most ridiculous comment I have ever read.

repeat to yourself slowly: IF THE PUBLIC SECTOR IS STILL BLOATED THERE HAS BEEN NO AUSTERITY.

The rest of your comment is incomprehensible and self contradictory. How did you guys ever write the ILIAD? :)
    Feb 3, 2015. 03:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Checkmate For Greece? [View article]
    Austerity: when those who earn and save the money aren't generous enough to those who don't and spend it. What a joke. The ones who should leave the EU are the Germans...let the rest of Europe rot.
    Feb 3, 2015. 09:22 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment