Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:

• Why The S&P 500 Is Likely To Revisit The Correction Lows Near 1,870 [View article]
    Old market wisdom: "panic bottoms seldom hold." I'll feel better if we test, even trade below, the panic lows on very low volume.
    Sep 26, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T declares $0.47 dividend [View news story]
    Yes that is a good point. I only wanted to point out the Friday trading. I picked up the shares and soon will get the dividend. Now I wonder about where I might write some calls (and maybe some more puts at a lower price). It really gooses up the T income.
    Sep 26, 2015. 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fed's Yellen Opens Up About Rate Hikes, Stocks Take Off [View article]
    Nice take off! Three hours... ;)
    Sep 25, 2015. 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T declares $0.47 dividend [View news story]
    Down to the wire with todays' 32.50 puts! Will they or won't they!
    Sep 25, 2015. 03:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Technical Or Structural Bear Market Ahead? [View article]
    Always nice to combine tech and fundamental analysis. Thanks.
    Sep 25, 2015. 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fears Are Fading [View article]
    CBP is the ONLY true economist on Seekingalpha.
    Sep 16, 2015. 12:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Generational War: Do Older Workers Squeeze Today's Young Out Of Jobs? [View article]
    I didn't care what they did with their cell phones in class, I had my own personal cell phone blocker in my back pocket.
    Sep 12, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Telefonica: Open to deals in Mexico with AT&T, America Movil [View news story]
    Third world country. Hopefully "T" will make billions.
    Sep 8, 2015. 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Opportunity Knocks Twice? [View article]
    Don't put up your dukes...Duke up your puts! I follow a similar strategy.
    Sep 6, 2015. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Defense Of The New York Times [View article]
    Garbage organization which has YET to pay me for an article I wrote over a decade ago.
    Aug 30, 2015. 02:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is AT&T A Trade? [View article]
    I saw the option volatility spike and wrote some puts at $32.50. Looks good...for NOW. :)
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying The Fear And Hedging With TVIX [View article]
    Forget the VIX funds; they persistently decline. Trade volatility the old fashioned way thru option spreads and condors.
    Aug 23, 2015. 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Value Of The Dollar: New Strength For A New World [View article]
    I do not understand why large companies do not hedge their currency exposure. It would allow them to focus on their core businesses.
    Aug 23, 2015. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China's Currency Move Not A Big Deal [View article]
    Japan, Inc. Dead. China Inc., soon to be dead. What is next...India Inc.? (Talk about puns....)
    Aug 13, 2015. 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Worries Over Major Top, Bear Market Still Too Early [View article]
    Thanks Chris. Good job sorting out the meaning behind the data. And you are not a permabear or permabull, so your analysis of the data is valuable.
    Aug 10, 2015. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment