Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Even More Ammunition For This 5-Year Bull Market [View article]
    HIS article...my article....or...or...or BOTH! (sniff).
    Aug 25 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Reasons Why A New Global Financial Crisis Could Be On The Way [View article]
    Answer....if they can blame both HIGHER or LOWER prices for economic difficulty, they will always be right and always be funded. Like HOT WEATHER and COLD WEATHER are BOTH due to climate change! Can I have my grant now?
    Aug 24 08:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The Anointed One is our Prez-i-dent.
    Aug 24 08:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Scandinavia...BORING? Hop in a sauna with some Swedes....WOOF!
    Aug 24 08:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Teuffelhund:

An (ex?) Marine, eh? I know the letter will come off as a "I know it all," as some very reasonable responses have pointed out. I just wanted to be short and to the point; not longer than this article itself.
    Aug 23 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great...

(1) Bubbleicious: Seeking Alpha writers have been puncturing the bubble concept for months.
    (2) Chinese Banking system: So china goes the way of Japan: onto the trash heap of leftists who hoped it would lead us into socialized everything. Japan Inc...who cares? China inc: no one will care when it is gone.
    (3) Energy: great....after a couple decades of saying high energy prices will be the death of the west, now it is LOW energy prices that will doom the west.
    (4) I will defer to the Prof on the AAA issue.
    (5) Geopolitical crises? Really! The death throes of autocratic, theocratic, and socialist states is BEARISH?
    (6) The poverty crisis..help help I haven't worked and I can't get up!
    (7) cash crises ad infinitum..."make acquisitions to make their countries more attractive to foreign capital???" I see the Anointed One fighting that with his very soul.
    Aug 23 03:35 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Curious Mathematics Of Moving Averages [View article]
    I used to program in TSP, which was fortran derived. The dastardly mistake I made listening to my buddy is what caused my error in this article. He said, "don't forget there are only two data changes in any moving average from day to day: the day out and the day in. He explained a bit more about the nature of the changes, much as the algebra done by Kishavan and others has done. But i didn't remember it well enough. Mea culpa.
    Aug 23 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Curious Mathematics Of Moving Averages [View article]
    They could leave a ghost space where the article was and still keep these comments from you readers, which have expanded the MA issue and been very informative.
    Aug 23 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bubble's Name Must Be Godot: We Keep Waiting And Waiting [View article]
    There was no "mistake" in 1937. The economy crashed as fiscal policy was rolled back because Fiscal policy does not work. Japan has been using fiscal stimulus since their crash in the LATE 1980s...i was there when they were building highways, more base housing and of COURSE bullet trains....and 25 years later it is STILL TOO LATE to stop priming the pump.

In any case though about bonds, thank for the reference. I agree it may be a fools errand to trade the bond market short side. I tend to to option spreads where my losses are STRICTLY limited; and my cash income modest.
    Aug 22 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bubble's Name Must Be Godot: We Keep Waiting And Waiting [View article]
    To Bill, AOW, and Minuteman: I Agree also. Do you feel bonds have been strong this year because of flight capital (from Europe, mideast, etc) or some other factors? DO you think that gold will also sell off?
    Aug 21 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bubble's Name Must Be Godot: We Keep Waiting And Waiting [View article]
    Actually there is a great article from someone else on SA today that says something parallel: you don't have to be in a Bubble to go into a bear market. I agree but that was not the subject of THIS particular article.
    Aug 21 12:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney Might Go To $100 As Quickly As You Can Blink Your Eyelids [View article]
    I hope Marty Feldman likes this stock...always liked the way he blinks.
    Aug 21 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bubble's Name Must Be Godot: We Keep Waiting And Waiting [View article]
    Good point....but let me say that folks who make comments about bubbles were, IN THE PAST, correct about their analysis and timing, even if they were voices howling in the wilderness for many quarters. The point of my article is despite all this "bubble talk," if you look at some of the strongest performers in the Dow, they are not anywhere near bubble levels. And folks who howled about a bubble in early June missed out on some big gains in those shares.

You call it anchoring: I just call it a craze. "Bubble" is the new word. Everyone has to use it or they feel outdated and left out of the Wall Street crowd. In economics, "the new normal" is the new pet word. A good whiff of Reaganomics will blow bubbleers and new normalizers into the trash bin of history.
    Aug 21 11:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bubble's Name Must Be Godot: We Keep Waiting And Waiting [View article]
    Nomad ya got me confused. I thought eponymous would be appropriate because S&P500 funds are "SPYders," off of the name, or the first few syllables. Don't tell me one day after making a mistake with arithmetic I am now making a mistake with diction!

Can you show us your linear regression model with DIS? What is the diagonal about? Is it a Gann line?
    Aug 21 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bubble's Name Must Be Godot: We Keep Waiting And Waiting [View article]
    What about the trillions in money market funds yielding 0.01%? Once we deregulate and unleash entrepreneurial animal spirits, that money will seek both retail and financial markets. Much as in the Carter ("malaise") days, our dumbed down president and his dufflepud administration is convinced 1% GDP growth is a thing of the future.
    Aug 21 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment