Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Disney files smash-hit quarter with record revenues [View news story]
    I have! And Snickers, and Hershey Bars, and.....
    Feb 3, 2015. 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney files smash-hit quarter with record revenues [View news story]
    God this report has me FROZEN!
    Feb 3, 2015. 10:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding Value In The Dividend Aristocrats List [View article]
    Scott I believe in keeping it simple, but I also use puts and call writing to ease me into and out of positions in decent dividend paying blue chips, and the option income really augments my income while also controlling my risk a bit.
    Feb 3, 2015. 09:40 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding Value In The Dividend Aristocrats List [View article]
    Love it! Thanks for a great start to follow up with my own dil dewagence. I mean my own dew dillagents...well, you know what I mean.
    Feb 3, 2015. 09:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Checkmate For Greece? [View article]
    Most ridiculous comment I have ever read.

repeat to yourself slowly: IF THE PUBLIC SECTOR IS STILL BLOATED THERE HAS BEEN NO AUSTERITY.

The rest of your comment is incomprehensible and self contradictory. How did you guys ever write the ILIAD? :)
    Feb 3, 2015. 03:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Checkmate For Greece? [View article]
    Austerity: when those who earn and save the money aren't generous enough to those who don't and spend it. What a joke. The ones who should leave the EU are the Germans...let the rest of Europe rot.
    Feb 3, 2015. 09:22 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Two Decades Of Inflation And Deflation [View article]
    Cue the Shadowstats COOL AID guys. Cue the "government alone can save us!" guys! Cue the "envirowhackjobs" who want food and fuel for themselves but NO ONE ELSE!

Ooops...don't bother to send in the clowns..they're already here!
    Feb 3, 2015. 08:47 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No Raise At Work, Again? Follow The Yellow Brick Road To Get Yours [View article]
    I plan in having articles like this, and lots of SA based information about retirement planning and dividend stocks, to fill in the gaps! Thank you.
    Feb 2, 2015. 06:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    More accurately said: politicians being generous with OTHER PEOPLES MONEY have helped them out. Here, and in Greece. For now.
    Feb 2, 2015. 05:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Greece Just Blew Up The Empire's Death Star Of Debt [View article]
    A true story or every country in the Eurozone. The sooner it dies, the better.
    Feb 2, 2015. 03:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Greece, Grexit, European Unity, And The Euro [View article]
    The Euro and European Union would collapse if it was pushed. It is America's political, economic, military and moral interest to do so. Lets hope we eventually get a REAL G-7 of Germany, Britain, Japan, the US, Canada, Australia, and India.
    Feb 2, 2015. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Love The Irreplaceable Assets, But I Need A 5% Dividend Yield To Excite Me [View article]
    Reminds me of the guy who told his interviewer that he wanted the position in StaMford so that he could take night classes at StaNford University.

Oops! He didn't get the job.
    Feb 2, 2015. 09:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intuitive Surgical Announces $1.0 Billion Share Repurchase Program [View article]
    Is it enough to offset the shares management has issued to themselves over the years?
    Feb 2, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Fed Make A Monumental Mistake? [View article]
    Gee...inflation is good, deflation is bad. If it is so simple, why are economics textbooks so thick? I Know! If we have heinous cuts in the quantity of paper used for textbooks, the economy will fall apart.

The FED should raise rates because it is about time--we are in the fifth year of a recovery sputtering, among other reasons, because savers are unable to earn interest on their frugality, whilst those who borrow and waste money have managed to continue to do so! Exactly how will a 1/4% increase destroy Germany, the only engine of growth in Europe? How will it NOT destroy Greece, a profligate borrower piggybacking on the Germans, who work all those extra hours to pay they taxes to lend the money to keep Greek bureaucrats comfortably retired at 58 years old.

The collapse of socialist states is not bearish for the economy, any more than the collapse of a decrepit building is bearish for other homeowners on the block.
    Jan 29, 2015. 03:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could The U.S. Become The Unrivaled Superpower Again? [View article]
    As I say to many of my friends: This is an EXHILARATING TIME TO BE AN AMERICAN. I stand in awe as socialist nanny states are collapsing from Athens to Caracas to Hanoi: and I am being told that this is BEARISH???????
    Jan 29, 2015. 11:07 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment