Gary Jakacky

View Gary Jakacky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will The European Crisis Change Things? [View article]
    Lived and traveled throughout the region by bicycle and backpack for several decades. Europe is morally, intellectually, financially and militarily bankrupt and irrelevant.
    Sep 3, 2014. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Even More Ammunition For This 5-Year Bull Market [View article]
    Yes i mention that in my article. Hmmm...what name could we give it! A Berlin Wall of worry? A Pink Floyd Wall of worry? Oh no....walls are in a bubble!
    Aug 26, 2014. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Europe Ever Get Its Act Together? [View article]
    Close your eyes, click your heels together three times, and say:

"No one cares about Europe! No one cares about Europe! No one cares about Europe."
    Aug 25, 2014. 01:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Even More Ammunition For This 5-Year Bull Market [View article]
    I like the market based sentiment indicators better---put call ratios, skewness and such. But the close the indicator is related specifically to your goal in the market place, the better also.
    Aug 25, 2014. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Even More Ammunition For This 5-Year Bull Market [View article]
    I think the correction will come when a few factors get on investors radar:

(1) a Republican senate and tighter spending policies in the next few years;
    (2) a lame duck president who can no longer inspire confidence in financial markets. (Any lame duck. I don't mean just cause he's a democrat).
    (3) The reality of QE reduction and the earnest need for higher interest rates.
    (4) Continuing tension over Obamacare and tax policy in general.
    Aug 25, 2014. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Even More Ammunition For This 5-Year Bull Market [View article]
    BBRO is that a monetary/interest rate/FED based model? Write an SA article and share it with us.
    Aug 25, 2014. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Even More Ammunition For This 5-Year Bull Market [View article]
    HIS article...my article....or...or...or BOTH! (sniff).
    Aug 25, 2014. 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Reasons Why A New Global Financial Crisis Could Be On The Way [View article]
    Answer....if they can blame both HIGHER or LOWER prices for economic difficulty, they will always be right and always be funded. Like HOT WEATHER and COLD WEATHER are BOTH due to climate change! Can I have my grant now?
    Aug 24, 2014. 08:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The Anointed One is our Prez-i-dent.
    Aug 24, 2014. 08:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Scandinavia...BORING? Hop in a sauna with some Swedes....WOOF!
    Aug 24, 2014. 08:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Teuffelhund:

An (ex?) Marine, eh? I know the letter will come off as a "I know it all," as some very reasonable responses have pointed out. I just wanted to be short and to the point; not longer than this article itself.
    Aug 23, 2014. 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great...

(1) Bubbleicious: Seeking Alpha writers have been puncturing the bubble concept for months.
    (2) Chinese Banking system: So china goes the way of Japan: onto the trash heap of leftists who hoped it would lead us into socialized everything. Japan Inc...who cares? China inc: no one will care when it is gone.
    (3) Energy: great....after a couple decades of saying high energy prices will be the death of the west, now it is LOW energy prices that will doom the west.
    (4) I will defer to the Prof on the AAA issue.
    (5) Geopolitical crises? Really! The death throes of autocratic, theocratic, and socialist states is BEARISH?
    (6) The poverty crisis..help help I haven't worked and I can't get up!
    (7) cash crises ad infinitum..."make acquisitions to make their countries more attractive to foreign capital???" I see the Anointed One fighting that with his very soul.
    Aug 23, 2014. 03:35 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Curious Mathematics Of Moving Averages [View article]
    I used to program in TSP, which was fortran derived. The dastardly mistake I made listening to my buddy is what caused my error in this article. He said, "don't forget there are only two data changes in any moving average from day to day: the day out and the day in. He explained a bit more about the nature of the changes, much as the algebra done by Kishavan and others has done. But i didn't remember it well enough. Mea culpa.
    Aug 23, 2014. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Curious Mathematics Of Moving Averages [View article]
    They could leave a ghost space where the article was and still keep these comments from you readers, which have expanded the MA issue and been very informative.
    Aug 23, 2014. 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bubble's Name Must Be Godot: We Keep Waiting And Waiting [View article]
    There was no "mistake" in 1937. The economy crashed as fiscal policy was rolled back because Fiscal policy does not work. Japan has been using fiscal stimulus since their crash in the LATE 1980s...i was there when they were building highways, more base housing and of COURSE bullet trains....and 25 years later it is STILL TOO LATE to stop priming the pump.

In any case though about bonds, thank for the reference. I agree it may be a fools errand to trade the bond market short side. I tend to to option spreads where my losses are STRICTLY limited; and my cash income modest.
    Aug 22, 2014. 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment