Gary Tanashian

View Gary Tanashian's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why did silver just sell off? [View instapost]
    Always helps to know when a guy with a knife is sneaking up behind you, DG! ;-)
    Nov 19, 2010. 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold This Morning: Not With a Bang, But a Whimper --Jon [View instapost]
    Can't hurt DG!
    Oct 31, 2010. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold (GLD) Proxy [View instapost]
    Early next week will be interesting, but I am not concerned about gold. Some good downside work was done recently and sentiment is improved (public opinion more bearish).
    Oct 31, 2010. 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Canadian Venture Exchange ($CDNX) Updated  [View instapost]
    I am not aware of any mattyw. I believe there are some inverse ETF's, however. They are listed on the Canadian TSX.
    Sep 4, 2010. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Treasury Bond: Going Down [View article]
    I only know code, FrankT. :-)

The whole point of the article is that the yield is forced down as are America's prospects in a productive world, on the big picture.
    Aug 18, 2010. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Treasury Bond: Going Down [View article]
    Hi Michael - the actual title was 'Going Down' and really had nothing to do w/ the future direction of the bond yield. SA puts in their own titles on these articles, sometimes unfortunately. I don't want to speculate on the stamina that Bernanke will have in keeping a lid on the yield. --Gary
    Aug 18, 2010. 08:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AAU - What the? [View instapost]
    Yes Toby, but I was talking about the subsequent action the day after - and today as well for that matter. It was indeed reco'd by a large newsletter. It'll be interesting to see how/if it settles down.
    Aug 12, 2010. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jaguar: Symbol May As Well Be POS [View instapost]
    Yes, JAG management has OPUD for years now. Really sad, but it appears there is a culture of this behavior out there among certain smaller producers. Knowingly or not, taking their shareholders from granted. For me, if a management screws me once, their stock will be nothing but a profit taking trading vehicle (at best). JAG has now attained GRS status in that I don't know if I'd want to buy and trade it at any price anymore. That is how little credibility mgt now has.
    Aug 11, 2010. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcoa: On Plans, Revisions and Refined Focus [View article]
    As noted redbaron, this was actually a blog post (and an informal one at that). So, it should never have appeared as an article. My bad on this front.
    Jul 28, 2010. 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcoa: On Plans, Revisions and Refined Focus [View article]
    No really, watchdog & pbi, don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel. ;-)

Hey, this was actually a blog post and is part of a long chain of discussion to a degree on the SA blog and more so on my regular blog. I can see why it comes off as muddled in this context and will try to evaluate more closely for articles submissions in the future. I did not really take into account that this is a different audience.
    Jul 28, 2010. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AuEx Ventures: A Resource Stock to Watch [View article]
    Very nice read on the situation whatnext. Not so coincidentally I just wrote this in an update to subscribers:

"Complicating things personally is the fact that NFTRH owns mostly smaller miners and explorers. These have been all over the map, some outperforming the seniors and other wildly under performing. This implies a limited liquidity environment on balance."
    Jul 21, 2010. 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inflation Impulse? [View article]
    Good luck pigdog. Thinking one step ahead can only be a good thing!
    Jun 21, 2010. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Three Month T-Bill Chart Finally Makes a Move [View article]
    That's the beauty of it HB, no purchase necessary! ;-)

On Dec 23 01:58 PM History Buff 24/7 wrote:

> "long common sense and short stupidity"
    > Iressistable. How do I buy that ticker symbol?
    > The Fed is doing a lot of jawboning lately. They want people to
    > think they will step in and raise the rates at JUST the right time.
    > Greenspan used to do this over and over again, he would try and talk
    > the markets down when they got too overheated, but in the end the
    > rate hikes were few and far between, until the Fed overreacted and
    > hit the brakes too hard.
    > Given the current political and economic situation, I can't see them
    > hitting the brakes at all for the foreseeable future. Ergo, we're
    > going to have inflation in one form or another.
    Dec 23, 2009. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Stocks... Myths vs. Realities [View instapost]
    Given that most of my work points to a deflationary impulse (during which we will set up for a new round of gold stock leverage), I don't think much of them. That is because commodities will get wiped out in such an event, before turning higher later. So, short term I don't like them (although I just covered a short in silver by selling ZSL). Longer term, IMO it's all going up as currencies seek out their true values.
    Dec 12, 2009. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • "Wall St opens higher after Bullard comments" [View instapost]
    Hey, you bears are so 2008! :-)
    Nov 24, 2009. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment