Gary Weiss

View Gary Weiss' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dell, Apple, And The Customer Service-Stock Price Connection [View article]
    More on this general point: http://bit.ly/zgJDgK
    Mar 16, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Management Gets Class Action Reprieve [View article]
    I think that makes it a juicier short, personally.
    Feb 1, 2012. 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Management Gets Class Action Reprieve [View article]
    I think that's an accurate product analysis. Ultimately a product that is predicated on consumer stupidity will fall flat on its face.

As a coffee addict, my interest in Green Mountain is largely abetted by my lifelong interest in caffeine and its delivery mechanisms. There are so many better ways of getting that in your bloodstream, honestly.
    Jan 31, 2012. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Management Gets Class Action Reprieve [View article]
    If that's your only argument "on the merits," I'm not persuaded.
    Jan 31, 2012. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Management Gets Class Action Reprieve [View article]
    Well, if you have any argument with Sam on the merits I'd love to hear it.
    Jan 30, 2012. 05:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dell, Apple, And The Customer Service-Stock Price Connection [View article]
    I placed special emphasis on Dell because of my own personal experience with the company, which changed dramatically over the years. You're right: in the old days, Dell service was pristine.

I also think that there is a quality control issue, but one doesn't want to overgeneralize.
    Jan 18, 2012. 05:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dell, Apple, And The Customer Service-Stock Price Connection [View article]
    The "cult" aspect is definitely a negative. I am dead set against cult stocks. However, I think that Apple's customer service and its success are definitely not coincidences.

Personally I think that if Dell stuck to its guns, and kept emphasizing quality and service, it would do a lot better.
    Jan 17, 2012. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Utah Newspapers, AP, Continue To Shill For Overstock.com [View article]
    Sure, I make my living writing about Wall Street wrongdoing, and three chapters of my last book exposed chicanery by hedge funds. I don't expect you to know that because you are devoted to a company run by serial liars and con artists.
    Dec 27, 2011. 02:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Utah Newspapers, AP, Continue To Shill For Overstock.com [View article]
    That's a really good point.
    Dec 27, 2011. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com's Patrick Byrne Runs To The Border, Won't Duke It Out With 'Miscreant' [View article]
    You're either Mark Mitchell or you're incredibly stupid. Which is it?
    Dec 20, 2011. 04:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock.com Litigation Roundup: Byrne Gets Contempt Reprieve, Goldman Suit Goes Poorly [View article]
    Short a stock so openly manipulated? Sounds pretty hairy to me.
    Dec 20, 2011. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Under Formal Investigation? [View article]
    It's a hard company to ignore, even if their coffee is eminently ignorable.
    Dec 19, 2011. 03:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Oh, that goes without saying, particularly with these goons. It's a tossup as to which is the disgraced ex-journalist Mitchell and which is the slime-encrusted Overstock flack Bagley.
    Dec 18, 2011. 09:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Isn't it funny how the only improper activity involving this "great man" is what he himself commits: accounting fraud, libel, contempt of court, pretexting, etc.?
    Dec 18, 2011. 10:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You may want to try the hyperlink, in which I quote from Mitchell saying in his email:

"Please note, though, that I mentioned in the story that the descriptions of the meetings were composites of multiple meetings with true locations disguised to hide the identity of sources. So whether you travel to those places is not necessarily important."
    Dec 14, 2011. 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment