Geetanjali Gamel

View Geetanjali Gamel's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Reasons I Like Ross Stores, Inc. [View article]
    thanks for reading and your comment
    Sep 6 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VCA Inc. - Take A Second Look At This Veterinary Stock [View article]
    Aug 24 05:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Costco: Is It In Your Shopping Cart? [View article]
    Thanks for reading and the feedback...I agree that it is a key part of management's long term vision
    Aug 15 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VCA Antech - The Truth About Cats And Dogs [View article]
    Yes, I do plan to publish follow up analysis on the company ...coming soon
    Apr 25 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Organic [View instapost]
    thank you for the comment ...Apple is an interesting analogy ... I don't know if Walmart is necessarily competing for market share away from Natural Foods stores, as much as trying to create a new market ..interested to see how this plays out
    Apr 22 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Currently Neutral On Blucora [View article]
    Hi kg2931, Thanks for your comments and also for sharing your conversation with BCOR. When the question about mobile came up during the earnings call, their CEO did mention that he didn’t think that Google’s decision was specific to Infospace, but didn’t give much detail beyond that. But even if that is the case, it doesn’t change the result. Currently they are heavily dependent upon search and therefore upon Google and I would like to get a better idea of what they plan to do to mitigate that.
    Feb 27 12:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: The Good, The Bad And The Unknown [View article]
    Feb 19 08:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armour - A Fascinating Journey [View article]
    Hi Philip, the women's market could really pay off for UA if they continue their efforts in that direction..still room to grow ...
    Feb 9 06:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armour - A Fascinating Journey [View article]
    Kevin Plank indicated on the earnings call that they are targeting 50 stores just in China by the end of 2014 based on a franchise model ...it is aggressive..
    Feb 4 07:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armour - A Fascinating Journey [View article]
    Hi Cora, thanks for reading. I understand that UA’s presence in Asia (China, Japan, Korea and Hong Kong) is still relatively small and management is focused on growing it rapidly. The brand was launched in Hong Kong in 2013 in partnership with local retailer GigaSports. In Japan they have third party licensees selling their products, while they had 13 stores in China in 2013, with 6 specialty stores opened in Mainland China within the last 2 years and a store launched in Taiwan. The target is to grow to more than 50 stores by the end of 2014. Last year they launched an “experience” store in Shanghai, taking their marketing concept of the whole experience, and not just gear and equipment, to customers in Asia.
    Feb 4 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armour - A Fascinating Journey [View article]
    Thank you for reading...I'll be watching this stock
    Feb 1 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armour - A Fascinating Journey [View article]
    Thanks for your comments. Both my articles about Under Armour have noted that while the company has been doing great so far and has potential for continued growth, I don't think its stock offers stability. I have said repeatedly that high expectations are a concern for me in its case. I mostly focus on finding companies that are available at a reasonable price - UA is not the usual stock I look at. But every once in a while if I come across a company that is performing great and has a compelling growth story, then despite its current valuation I think it is worthwhile to keep my eye on it.
    Feb 1 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armour - Growth At A Price [View article]
    Thanks Cora, that is interesting
    Jan 12 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay Enterprise - Opportunities Exist [View article]
    thank you for reading and your comment
    Jan 5 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay Enterprise - Opportunities Exist [View article]
    thank you Dominic - and thanks for the link to the article, I will check it out
    Jan 5 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment