View as an RSS Feed
View Geoff Gannon's Articles BY TICKER:
- Gold Kist Rejects "Inadequate" Buyout Offer From Pilgrim's Pride
- Annals of Value Investing: Geoff Gannon Sits Down With George of Fat Pitch Financials
- American Eagle Outfitters: A Case-Study in Value Investing
Book Review: 'The Little Book of Value Investing' - An Excellent Entry Point for Novices
Oct. 8, 2006 • 1 Comment
- On a New High and an Old Price: Most Investors Are 6 Years Closer to Death–And None the Richer
- A Very Human Index: Few People Realize Just How Arbitrary the Dow Is
- Nintendo: Solid Business, Share Price Too High
- Sony's PS3 Will Underperform its Predecessor
- Freston's Firing a Big Step Backwards for Viacom
- Blyth's Recent Bad Performance Nothing More Than an Aberration
- Pilgrim's Pride Trying to Pull a Fast One With Proposed Gold Kist Acquisition
- On Homebuilders: Long-Term Value Play?
- Google and Microsoft's Original Cash Cows: Innovation Unlikely to be Replicated
- Reading Beyond the Numbers: Maintenance Cap-Ex and the 'Pleasant Surprise' Effect
- Wells Fargo Should Continue to Grow And Grow (WFC)
- Attractive Valuation for Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB)
- Cascade: Great Bank, Overvalued Price (CACB)
- TCF Financial: Good Company, But At What Price? (TCB)
- Valley National: 79 Years of Profit -- What's Their Secret? (VLY)
- Cedar Fair to Buy Paramount Parks From CBS (CBS, FUN)
- Microsoft Under $23: An In-Depth Look (MSFT)
Do Banks Have Moats?
May. 15, 2006 • Comment!
- Overstock Drops Hard, Committed to Restructuring (OSTK)
- Journal Communications' Spinoff of Telecom Unit: Good News For Shareholders (JRN)
- On Inflexible Enterprises: Xerox, Kodak, Microsoft and Intel
- Real Value Remains In New York Times, But Is the Will There? (NYT)
- On Buffett's Big Bet on Global Markets (BRKA)
- On Contrarianism and Negativity in Stock Picking
- Harley-Davidson To Open First Chinese Dealership (HDI)
What is Value Investing?
Mar. 20, 2006 • Comment!
- Overstock Surges -- A Value Bull Weighs In (OSTK)
- Sherwin-Williams Raises Guidance (SHW)