GEOInvestor

Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why I Am Considering Adding Gold Miners To My Portfolio [View article]
    I have looked at the juniors and I don't like them right now. Sad, as I am actually a huge advocate for the juniors and I personally like to make most of my purchases there. I imagine I will be back in the juniors in time - but not now. I could write a whole other article on this topic alone (and there is one junior I like... but a bit down the road) The point of this article was what to buy when looking at an EARLY entrance into the gold sector.
    Aug 13, 2015. 04:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Considering Adding Gold Miners To My Portfolio [View article]
    There are reasons i like Barrick too - on their earnings call last week, there were lots of pluses. But there were a few things that make me cautious right now when I still expect gold to fall further ( I see Barrick as a good buy as long as gold stays above $900 per ounce, looking past the AISC to exploration spending) the big thing, YTD, the stock has not really fallen that much compared to other companies will less of a debt burden. Thanks for your comment.
    Aug 13, 2015. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Needs To Happen Before I Will Consider Buying Any Oil Stocks [View article]
    Thanks, I thought you meant industry wide, of course when we are dealing with "averages" there are going to be outliers. The company you shared is low cost, for reasons I am sure you know and I won't get into here :). Have a great Wednesday!
    Jul 22, 2015. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I would love to see the data showing that oil sand have operating costs of US$10-15. If you have it, please send it to me.

Cheers
    Jul 21, 2015. 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Iran's oil Minister came out yesterday and said that they would export even at low prices to regain marketshare. Of course that is not a guarantee.

I agree, I think oil sands companies have more opportunity than shale.

Thank-you for your comment
    Jul 21, 2015. 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    They are, to some degree. For that reason I don't a great deal more downside, but until those factors change we are not going to get much more upside.
    Jul 21, 2015. 03:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Captain America. Iran has SOME supplies that are sitting, ready for export right now. Yes, the ramp-up will take sometime, but IMO not so long that the oversupply situation on oil has corrected so much that is is easy to absorb. My point is that this is just another piece of the puzzle that will keep prices underpinned in the near future. Thanks for your comment!
    Jul 21, 2015. 03:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank-you.

Perhaps I can do that in another article :).
    Jul 21, 2015. 03:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank-you for your comments. The ones listed above: the Canadian dollar, China. Cheers!
    Jul 21, 2015. 03:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Potash Sector: Is Consolidation Heading Its Way? [View article]
    I hope we don't get too many more deals that go through, just like the Allana one, Allana was sort of stuck in between a rock and a hard place, and had to accept a deal to prevent the dilution, which would have left shareholders screaming. Right now I am evaluating potential takeover targets on the basis of the company's current financials, and its exploration development (which is key to attracting more $$, of course.)

I think the well financed companies, on their way to at the very least a pre-feasibility study, will offer the best returns, but it will take some time. Any under the gun deals that go down near-term won't be as lucrative. It would be great to be operating and under construction, but it is so expensive in the potash sector. I do have favourites outside of Sask. - In fact my favourite company (right now) that I do mention in my article, isn't even in Sask. Cheers!
    May 1, 2015. 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potash Sector: Is Consolidation Heading Its Way? [View article]
    Thanks fhbecker
    May 1, 2015. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mergers And Acquisitions To Flood Copper Market [View article]
    Thank-you Robert
    Mar 20, 2013. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Prepare Your Portfolio For Obama's Keystone XL Decision [View article]
    You don't think a pipeline built through the west will be approved? I do. Or it can be shipped via rail. I think that Canada will do what it needs to do to get its product to market, they are very pro-resource extraction.
    Feb 1, 2013. 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Prepare Your Portfolio For Obama's Keystone XL Decision [View article]
    Yeah, he could be a major road block Jeff.
    Feb 1, 2013. 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment