George Acs

View George Acs' Comments BY TICKER:
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Good luck.
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Thank you. The critiques have cited decreasing margins, as well.

In the near term the single question is whether a 5% move is warranted, short of a disastrous meltdown in the company.
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Yes, David Trainer. The Nashville analyst who is as right about Apple, as the city is about their music choices.

When Trainer first gave that price target in May 2013, I Tweeted:
    "$AAPL worth $240,says Nashville's Trainer," because as we know when want new outlook on investing we go where every song sounds the same"

His price target actually assumes that an Apple stripped of cash was about $125/share

Here are my thoughts about Apple and the inconsequential big screen TV from December 2012 Apple is a Screaming Bye http://seekingalpha.co...
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Someone on air, can't remember where, made similar comment yesterday.

On a positive note, as long as the cash comes in and Apple can maintain a respectable market share and keep its mounting competition at length, they will have the time to get the next blockbuster product, without the pressure to rush it to the market.

Besides, that has always been it's strategy. Let others do the early lifting and then introduce elegance and function to the product.

Let people laugh at Samsung's watch. If there's a market for the product Apple will bring one when it is ready to carry the Apple stamp of approval
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:10 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    It's all in the timing, my friend.
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Thank you. Aren't you glad I omitted all of the financial, sales and product details?
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:06 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    If anything, I'm known for terrible timing. But I have no problem being early on a trend that I think will correct itself.

I'm actually trying to do a buy/write for additional shares, but the spread keeps jumping around and my orders haven't been filled even when well above the spread.
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Well, it's hard to use hindsight. Doing anything in advance of a big event changes the risk-reward ratio. As long as your risk tolerance isn't exceeded there's reason to take the plunge.

As an example, I may do so with LULU before earnings, selling $62.50 weekly puts, but the reward isn't big enough for me right now. That would change if there's a late downward move in price this afternoon.
    Sep 11, 2013. 02:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Hopefully that will be the way it works out. A little quiet on the Syrian front makes a macro downturn a little less likely so maybe there's a litttle less resistance higher.
    Sep 11, 2013. 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    Ever since Apple stopped moving only higher back in 2012, it has been an absolutely great trading stock

I think you're right. They will keep making money and they will buy themselves time for the next killer product category.
    Sep 11, 2013. 01:57 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    My wife, just got her first iPhone last week, but my son is upgrading. Hopefully the screen is a little more resistant to cracks and the battery is better.

I'm still in the "need to find a real reason to switch" category, but who cares. It's about using the stock as a means to make money.
    Sep 11, 2013. 01:33 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seems Like Old Times [View article]
    Thanks.

That rapid decay is especially helpful when looking to rollover options for positions not likely to be assigned, as share price is moving higher toward the strike price. That decay chips away more at premium appreciation on the near term contract than on the longer term contract, thereby expanding the net credit differential on the spread.

For my monthly positions I actually start the prices of calculating premium differential changes between the current month and the forward month with about two weeks left until expiration.
    Sep 7, 2013. 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seems Like Old Times [View article]
    Good to see you back.

I don't get out very much, but I couldn't help but notice the Fastenal parking lot. Sometimes the answer you're looking for can take forms that aren't readily recognizable
    Sep 7, 2013. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seems Like Old Times [View article]
    Yup, you get it.
    Sep 7, 2013. 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seems Like Old Times [View article]
    If you refer to the spreadsheet that I link to in each weekly article I list a number of strike price levels that offer a combination of risk and rewards that may suit an individual's specific temperament for risk and reward. I define ROI as the sum of option premium, dividends (if any) and capital gains/losses on shares. You have looked solely at the option premium.

You will note that the Sep 21, 13 $48 strike to which you refer has an ROI, if assigned of 1.5% or 2.4%, depending on whether the dividend is captured or not.

If I was interested in achieving a 1% ROI from premium alone I would select the weekly $47 option that offers a 1.2% return if shares are not assigned early, but only 0.3% (for 2 days) if assigned early.

The 1% quest is not from premium alone. It is from premium, dividend (if any) and capital gains/loss on shares.
    Sep 7, 2013. 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment