George Acs

View George Acs' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • It's As Clear As Mud [View article]
    I've re-read what I wrote and don't see that interpretation at all, so it may be time to turn the nitrous a bit lower (or higher).
    Mar 21, 2015. 03:14 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Who's Consuming All Those Shakes? And Why... [View article]
    I think you may be projecting a bit too much, again in an effort to have events conform to your thesis.

Change is made for any number of reasons, including an evolving environment, changing needs etc.

Making change is not necessarily an admission of any sort. When you have made changes in your life were they necessarily a result of having admitted you were on the wrong path or could there have simply been a better path that you came to recognize on some occasions?
    Could change be made because of recognition or admission of illegal or unethical business practices? Of course, but it would seem that doing so while under such intense scrutiny would offer little benefit, as they are being investigated for past practices and not likely to receive any "points" for forward practices.
    Oct 8, 2014. 08:18 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Who's Consuming All Those Shakes? And Why... [View article]
    Thanks, but way too much time spent in doing so. I think I'll stick to casual observer status, as long as the barrage from those acting under the guise of protecting society takes a breather.
    Sep 16, 2014. 08:49 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Who's Consuming All Those Shakes? And Why... [View article]
    Your record? What is your record? I may have missed it when seeking to find out about your organization, that once again, refers to you as a "one man struggle," so when you refer to "WE," it does add a little to the mystery

You seem to have two issues confused, perhaps not understanding what constitutes "credibility." Credibility doesn't require a name, nor do "facts and leads." However, there is a big difference between writing off a one time informer as opposed to someone who is on a constant campaign and stands to make personal profits, as a result. Although even Chicken Little may have had some useful information most reasonable people would have stopped listening after a while or questioned the motivation.

Don't misunderstand. It is the motivation that I question with regard to some whose apparent sole purpose focuses on a single company that is already under the spotlight.
    Sep 10, 2014. 04:25 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investor's Remorse [View article]
    The final part of your comment is what most partisans never quite are willing to accept. There is very little, good or bad, that is solely the responsibility of a single political party, individual or entity.

Somehow, the ability to absolve one's own responsibility and assign complete blame to others knows no political party boundaries.
    Aug 8, 2014. 11:40 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investor's Remorse [View article]
    I guess that the lack of having actually expressed a political view, as you noted, is irrelevant to some. It almost seems like carrying a chip on one's shoulder, when everything is interpreted as serving to conspire against you, when in fact that may not be the case at all.
    Aug 8, 2014. 11:18 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Crossroads Are Clear, But The Path Is Not [View article]
    Conceptually, you seem to have a hard time understanding basic elements of what constitutes an equilibrium state. Now you want to confound the fallacy by suggesting that there is a net issuance of shares that offsets cash, in the assumption that all of that cash was derived from the previous sale of securities. Essentially one false premise after another.

Then you compound your arrogance by saying that's all right and interpreting what you believe i "really meant to say."

Well, it seems as if you don't understand what I've said at all, then.

If you read (I would have said re-read, but it's not clear that you ever read it at all) the fourth paragraph, the one that mentions sidelined cash, you would see that it questions why anyone that has been on the sidelines would ever consider getting in at this point, with a parallel drawn to a pot getting ready to come to a boil. Certainly not a statement that supports the notion that prices are destined to go even higher. It is a statement of relative risk, not prospective opportunity.

So, way, way, off on all counts.
    Jul 26, 2014. 08:39 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Crossroads Are Clear, But The Path Is Not [View article]
    Thanks, but don't tell that to my pet lobster.

But seriously, do you know of any portfolio manager who is not a cold blooded animal?
    Jul 26, 2014. 08:11 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beware The Hand Of Government [View article]
    Thank you, as always Rose.

In general, I have no problem with government's role in our lives. While I don't always believe in the specifics of a given policy or action, I tend to believe that their intentions are well founded. However, they often suffer from horrible execution and without thorough analysis of the unintended consequences. That tends to be true regardless of which party or side of the aisle is promulgating at the moment.

The decision regarding oil, for example, may easily result in increased prices for crude as there will likely be increasing bidding for crude, now that refiners can be bypassed. The IRS decision could also open up companies like Federal Express seeking to convert or spin off their real estate holdings specifically to reduce tax consequences. It goes on, just as we've seen that the Affordable Healthcare Act (of which I'm a proponent) may have had a hand in the decreased GDP for the first quarter.

It's complicated, but that's why we have elected officials. They're supposed to be on top of these things instead of being nothing more than a self-perpetuation machine that spends all of its time seeking re-election.
    Jun 28, 2014. 11:19 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things Aren't Always As They Seem [View article]
    Take it seriously.
    Nov 17, 2013. 08:39 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Was A Friend Of Mine [View article]
    "Agree 100% George"

I may just do a screen copy of your comment and cut and paste it liberally, as needed.
    Nov 14, 2013. 02:20 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought Apple [View article]
    My wife, just got her first iPhone last week, but my son is upgrading. Hopefully the screen is a little more resistant to cracks and the battery is better.

I'm still in the "need to find a real reason to switch" category, but who cares. It's about using the stock as a means to make money.
    Sep 11, 2013. 01:33 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: What Would Munger Do? [View article]
    Hey, making $0.15 is better than having bought it on Friday. I'm only looking to net $0.38/share, but looking to do it over and over again.

There's more than one way to get to $40
    Sep 3, 2013. 04:51 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn Spells The End Of An Era At Apple [View article]
    One of the reasons that I like selling options is that it removes alot of the really hard work. You simply decide at the outset what price you'd be happy with and hopefully you put regret out of the equation when dealing with sudden surges as in Apple or recently with Baidu and Facebook.

No matter what, they almost always come back and present new opportunities. I'm convinced you can make more money by taking lots of the smaller profits over and over again, as opposed to suspending greed and selling when your shares are still high, before the inevitable fall.
    Aug 13, 2013. 07:58 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beating A Dead Horse To Life [View article]
    Thanks.

The comments are usually my favorite part of these articles.

Of course, when I say that. I mean my comments.
    Jun 28, 2013. 10:08 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment