George Anast, M.D.

View George Anast, M.D.'s Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft down 1.3% as BAML donwgrades [View news story]
    This article fits into a new literary genre I would call, "Financial Fiction."
    Dec 16, 2014. 11:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Can anyone account for the volatility in ARCAM ? Don't see any news in my usual stateside sources.
    Dec 12, 2014. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How The Trend To Renting Will Kill The PC, And Dramatically Change IT [View article]
    This is an exceptionally good article. The author is looking far ahead and sees clearly what the future may hold. I have the feeling he's dead right.

Lately my wife and I have been considering what to do with several tons of "stuff"we have accumulated. In many respects, other than sentiment, it has no real value. In fact we may end up paying just to get rid of it. The author has sensed a sea-change and clearly points out what it may mean almost across the spectrum of our lives.

I'm behind in my tech skills. I can see the need for a "specialist" who will sit down with me and reconfigure not only my equipment, but ME as well. This is good advice I will heed.
    Nov 30, 2014. 07:43 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Grete, you must go beyond hope. Arcamism has taken on the trappings of a religion. Your approach must now be a combination of fasting and prayer. The sooner you get started, the sooner the big order will arrive.
    Nov 4, 2014. 09:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hutchinson Technology: New Product Is Big News [View article]
    I agree with David. I will close out as well.
    Nov 1, 2014. 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Thank you, Touchwood. I searched around the usual places here with no luck finding any mention whatsoever of the trading day for Arcam. Interesting move unrelated to the fundamental. I appreciate the prompt reply.
    Oct 29, 2014. 07:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Does anyone have an insight on the Arcam sel-loff in Sweden today ?
    Oct 29, 2014. 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Third quarter better than expected and stock "popping." Grete should be pleased. Would be nice to see the stock go back to where it was post-split. We can always hope.
    Oct 17, 2014. 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    These objections are well known and have been commented on before. Arcam is doing well in the implant business and will continue to do so. The anemic order book is probably is related to the issues discussed in the article. If aerospace needed, and could use the technology as is, there would be more orders coming in. Maybe there is another generation on the way. Hopefully.
    Oct 8, 2014. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Arcam Capital - November 5, Shelton, USA
    October 3, 2014
    The event will take place at DiSanto Technology Inc. in Shelton, United States. You will get to meet and listen to Magnus René, President and CEO, Johan Brandt, CFO, Ronald Dunn, CEO of DiSanto Technology, Inc., and Jacques Mallette, President of AP & C. The event will offer investors, analysts and financial media a strategic review and an update of the progress, strengths, and current market opportunities in the Arcam.

I suspect this meeting will be to announce that ARCAM is exercising its option to buy DiSanto. Most of us suspected this would be the case within the two year framework mentioned in the original "merger."

This is rather short notice for the meeting. I would have been interested in attending, but this notice is too short for me. We move to our winter home at this time and cannot change that schedule. We've not heard anything from Gary for some time. Gary, if you are out there, do you plan to attend ?

If the sale takes place, an interesting scenario unfolds. ARCAM will be entering into direct competition with many of it's current, or potential customers. This is usually a "no-no", but may be part of a significant strategic move on ARCAM's part. Would be fun to be on the inside and watch it unfold. Any thoughts out there ? Andreas, what do you think ?
    Oct 3, 2014. 03:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    As we say here, Grete, " The solution to pollution is dilution." The larger number of shares may well be reflected in the current price. I don't see it as bad. Lack of orders is bad.
    Sep 30, 2014. 08:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft Suddenly A Growth Story? [View article]
    On 9/16 the board voted to increase the quarterly dividend by 3 cents to 31. Annualized this is $1.24, and 11% increase over the previous rate. The company continues to do well and the chorus of nay-sayers has dwindled significantly. Thank heavens.
    Sep 24, 2014. 01:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Circle Of Competence, Fat Pitches, And How To Become The Best Plumber In Bemidji [View article]
    This is a good article full of good advice and common sense. It will likely be ignored by most readers.
    Sep 20, 2014. 10:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hutchinson Technology, Revisited [View article]
    "HTCH ran from something under $3 on May 1 to just over $6.50 about six weeks later largely on the strength of a Seeking Alpha Pro article published in April. A major thrust of that article, by a Hutchinson, MN local, was leaked information that HTI was working on an OIS for smart phone cameras."

That Hutchinson, MN "local" happens to be a shrewd investor and a very smart guy. I read his article and took a modest position in the stock. It took a while, but the rumor panned out. Maybe I'm supposed to "sell on the news", but I think I'll stay with the stock. It pays to read SA. Not all the time, but often enough to keep me coming back.
    Sep 9, 2014. 06:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    The order from Airbus is encouraging and very welcome, but ARCAM remains a "one trick pony." EBM, while spectacular in many respects, remains narrow in terms of applications. That's where Stratasys has an advantage. They make a variety of laser sintering devices with multiple applications, many of which are probably widely adaptable. ARCAM remains strong and a major player, but will accrete rather slowly as industry identifies its usefulness. Keep the faith.
    Sep 9, 2014. 04:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment