George Anast, M.D.

View George Anast, M.D.'s Comments BY TICKER:

• Top 6 Deep Value Stocks For Bargain Hunters [View article]
    Holding Ford stock is sort of like planting a seed that should grow to be a beautiful and valuable plant, and then waiting five years with no sign of a sprout. By all measures the stock should be moving, but doesn't. I do agree with the author; it's a good stock with a good future. Maybe it will sprout next year..or the year after. In the meantime, the dividend is commendable. Patience is the virtue to be acquired by the value investor. I shall wait.
    Nov 8, 2015. 12:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon fights accusations it knew about climate change risks for decades [View news story]
    dannym, you have it right.
    Oct 24, 2015. 09:36 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Buy: Exxon Mobil [View article]
    That XOM is a well-run, profitable company with a proven track record of dividend payments is not exactly a revelation, but from time to time it's good that someone marshals the facts to support the conclusion. Thanks for taking the time to point out that heat does not come from the stove, or electricity out of the wall.
    Oct 18, 2015. 09:40 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: High Expectations For The Future [View article]
    I, too, bought MSFT when it was issued and held the stock despite urgings from multiple brokers to sell. Ultimately, Microsoft essentially became a member of the family and it was a good thing, as Microsoft is the only member still working. The rest of us have retired. Having followed the stock thru all it vicissitudes it's a real pleasure to see it stabilize, mature and transmogrify under new leadership. It would be great so see the stock price rise, but in the meantime the increase in the annual dividend is our September Tonic. Our compliments to the management.
    Oct 8, 2015. 04:30 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Longbow issues bullish note on hard drive demand; STX, WDC lower anyway [View news story]
    HTCH, over a year ago, was rumored to have a "break through" product related to digital photography. Initially it looked good, but apparently failed to meet a need, or was wiped out be competing products. They know full well their days are numbered. Nice guys. I do hope they can pull a rabbit out of a disk drive and survive. Sadly, it just may not happen. I wish them well.
    Sep 18, 2015. 03:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Memo To Microsoft: Spin Off Xbox [View article]
    The author is ill-informed in some respects and ill-willed in many repeats. He is no doubt ill-intentioned, as well. I became ill just reading the article.
    Dec 30, 2014. 12:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft down 1.3% as BAML downgrades [View news story]
    This article fits into a new literary genre I would call, "Financial Fiction."
    Dec 16, 2014. 11:47 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Can anyone account for the volatility in ARCAM ? Don't see any news in my usual stateside sources.
    Dec 12, 2014. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How The Trend To Renting Will Kill The PC, And Dramatically Change IT [View article]
    This is an exceptionally good article. The author is looking far ahead and sees clearly what the future may hold. I have the feeling he's dead right.

Lately my wife and I have been considering what to do with several tons of "stuff"we have accumulated. In many respects, other than sentiment, it has no real value. In fact we may end up paying just to get rid of it. The author has sensed a sea-change and clearly points out what it may mean almost across the spectrum of our lives.

I'm behind in my tech skills. I can see the need for a "specialist" who will sit down with me and reconfigure not only my equipment, but ME as well. This is good advice I will heed.
    Nov 30, 2014. 07:43 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Grete, you must go beyond hope. Arcamism has taken on the trappings of a religion. Your approach must now be a combination of fasting and prayer. The sooner you get started, the sooner the big order will arrive.
    Nov 4, 2014. 09:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hutchinson Technology: New Product Is Big News [View article]
    I agree with David. I will close out as well.
    Nov 1, 2014. 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Thank you, Touchwood. I searched around the usual places here with no luck finding any mention whatsoever of the trading day for Arcam. Interesting move unrelated to the fundamental. I appreciate the prompt reply.
    Oct 29, 2014. 07:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Does anyone have an insight on the Arcam sel-loff in Sweden today ?
    Oct 29, 2014. 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Third quarter better than expected and stock "popping." Grete should be pleased. Would be nice to see the stock go back to where it was post-split. We can always hope.
    Oct 17, 2014. 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    These objections are well known and have been commented on before. Arcam is doing well in the implant business and will continue to do so. The anemic order book is probably is related to the issues discussed in the article. If aerospace needed, and could use the technology as is, there would be more orders coming in. Maybe there is another generation on the way. Hopefully.
    Oct 8, 2014. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment