George Chadwick

View George Chadwick's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Weatherford International: Is This The 'End Of The Noise'? [View article]
    WFT came up on one of my scanners (33 mil in vol vs. 5-10 mil av), and then to my surprise Investor's Edge mentioned it (Stitcher Radio app) - along with the usu. diet of high priced stocks like GWW in the 200's.
    May 4, 2013. 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Millennial Media Prior To Q4 Earnings [View article]
    Thanks, good article! Here's my trading log for this morning (part of it anyway) which makes terse mention of MM:

<<HOV suddenly appeared on the list right at about 8:00 (Mountain time) when I texted Tetty about it. 3rd down, but the ones above were bogus, like CPST, a 1.00 stock and AMRRQ, which I think is AMR delisted. Then for a few minutes it was first on list. It appeared on list when it was up about .20 cents, now it is up .40 cents on 5 mil shares traded. MM (unknown to me) appeared about 8:30, but it was #4 in list, and even at 9:00 volume is only 933k, however it is now ujp 1.52. At 9:10 HOV is at top of range, and still up .40 cents, or 7.4%. It is #2 on list, but #1 is AMRRQ - whatever! Don’t even have to look at the chart really, could just use this list! MM is #5 on list, up 1.65, or 13.1%. An article in SA by Stone Fox Capital about it (excellent) posted yesterday, which also covered VELT, another mobile advertising company, but which ran out of momo very quickly (recently). Float is only 14 mil. whereas HOV is 100 mil (under 100 mil is good, but under 5 mil might be pushing it). >>
    Feb 15, 2013. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Profit With James River Coal Company [View article]
    Alpha Natural Resources (NYSE: ANR) , Arch Coal (NYSE: ACI) , and James River Coal (NASDAQ: JRCC) are all trading for less than half their tangible book value. (Source: Fool.com)

I know SA is a fundamentals webite, but if it were not so, you could see a large wedge pattern by drawing a trend line from the July & Nov lows, and the Oct & Jan highs. Today was an upside breakout of that wedge. (See: Finviz.com)
    Feb 14, 2013. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Profit With James River Coal Company [View article]
    Remember, this is a fundamentals only website. Technicals are not allowed, and they will not be tolerated! :)
    Feb 14, 2013. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Research In Motion - The Future Isn't In BB10, It's In Mobile Payment [View article]
    Thanks. Sort of like a "cigar butt" that might have at least one puff left in it! I'm not a techie per se, but I'm certainly an avid follower of certain tech trends as time permits. And I'm eagerly anticipating the outcome of BB10, and the implications you bring up are very intriguing. Thanks again for the article....really seems to be out of the box thinking. Keep up the good work.
    Jan 22, 2013. 07:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Great point!
    Jan 18, 2013. 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for your contribution, and welcome to the contributor community!

Wilson, as a "value" and "margin of safety" guy, I'm confused as to why you were even looking at this company.

In my "instablog" post introduction in December 2012 (here at SeekingAlpha) I used RIMM as the PERFECT example of how the big money is often all about Trend Following and not fundamentals. I had done an in-depth interview with Michael Covel in that article (blog post), who is the Trend Following/Turtle Trader guru.

My prop trader (wife) has been trading this from the 9.00 area, and we did very well. We are scaling out of some premarket at the 16.00 area (hey, we're human!)
    Jan 18, 2013. 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • DeVry: Appealing Valuation In The For Profit Education Services Industry [View article]
    Nice work on this article.

I think it would surprise many people to know that DeVry has Medical Schools (to train MD's) and many innovative nursing schools to help address the nursing shortage (to your point of a diversified set of programs).
    Sep 27, 2012. 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deckers Outdoor - Time To 'Deck' And Cover [View article]
    Okay, thanks. That's a big chunk of their business.
    Sep 26, 2012. 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deckers Outdoor - Time To 'Deck' And Cover [View article]
    Okay, thanks. That's a good chunk of their business.
    Sep 26, 2012. 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deckers' Fall Continues [View article]
    I liked your breakdown of the "Fab Five" - very clever. I am seeing signs of short covering as we speak. First day inside the 2 standard deviation Bollinger band since the recent 30% drop.
    Sep 26, 2012. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deckers Outdoor - Time To 'Deck' And Cover [View article]
    Even for a low float stock (37 mil), 30% short is quite high. Average analyst target of 59 is also (stubbornly?) high. Today we are seeing some buying (back inside the Bollinger band). Anyone know the percentage of sales Ugg boots account for? I seem to remember 40%.
    Sep 26, 2012. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Natural Foods (UNFI): FQ4 EPS of $0.51 in-line. Revenue of $1.34B (+16% Y/Y) in-line. (PR[View news story]
    Nice 5 point bounce after they dumped it for no apparent reason (earnings and revenue were in line).
    Sep 12, 2012. 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VeriFone (PAY): FQ3 EPS of $0.75 beats by $0.05. Revenue of $493M (+56% Y/Y) misses by $5M. Shares -13.8% AH. (PR[View news story]
    $PAY PAY picked up some shares around 30.00
    Sep 5, 2012. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    $PAY PAY Selling probably way overdone, look to buy tomorrow.
    Sep 5, 2012. 04:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment