View as an RSS Feed
View George Fisher's Articles BY TICKER:
ABB, AEE, AEP, AES, AMCBF, AQUNF, AT, ATPAQ, AVA, AWR, BCONQ, BGCP, BIP, BKH, BRK.A, CBI, CLPHY, CME, CNP, COP, COSWF, CPK, CPN, CPRT, CWCO, D, DCI, DMLP, DUK, ED, EE, EGAS, EQT, ETP, ETR, EXC, FE, FLR, FMER, GLNYF, GMXRQ, GSFVF, HEINY, HOKCY, HSBC, ITC, ITW, KHDHF, LAYN, MCQPF, MERC, MHFI, MIL, MQBKY, NFG, NGG, NKA, NOV, NU, NWE, OILT, ORA, PCG, PDRDY, PEG, PNR, PNY, POPE, PPL, PRGAF, PSCU, PUTRF, RICK, RYN, SCG, SE, SNOFF, SO, SPH, SPLS, SSL, SU, SZEVY, TAC, TMWEF, UGI, UNS, UTX, VOD, VTRAF, WU, XLU
Gabelli Pressures National Fuel Gas To Realize Shareholder Value
- National Fuel Gas is 33% undervalued, according to Mario Gabelli. Gabelli is beginning to flex his muscles with a 9.1% share of outstanding stock.
- National Fuel Gas is diversified with gas utility, midstream and E&P assets. It holds the largest acreage in the Marcellus with 800,000 acres. These are mainly fee based, not leases.
- National Fuel Gas raised earnings guidance to $3.40 - $3.55 a share for FY 2014.
UGI Corp.: A Gas Utility That Dividend Growth Investors Can Love
- UGI has raised its dividend annually for the past 27 years and has a 130 year history of dividend payouts.
- UGI has $9.10 per share of interest in AmeriGas Propane LP and is the GP with profitable IDRs.
- Heating fuel conversion within hook-up range of current pipelines could grow customer base by 41% over time.
ITC Holdings Is A Core Utility Asset, Especially For Dividend Growth Investors
- ITC has offered long-term annual total returns of 11.1% vs. 7.7% for regulated utilities.
- FERC-Allowed ROE for ITC is between 21% and 38% higher than recent average State-PUC awards.
- ITC is laser-focused on expanding its Transmission Rate Base between now and 2018.
Is Comment Crowdsourcing Correct On Exelon?
- EXC has been a much maligned stock suggestion.
- Investors who purchased between July 2005 and December 2011 are still underwater on a total return basis while most all other investors should have a positive total return.
- Share prices are up 33% since January 2014.
Public Service Enterprise: Buy For Transmission Growth
- 68% of CapEx to be Invested in superior ROE transmission growth.
- Well-managed balance sheet.
- Transmission growth will Drive ROIC, EPS and dividend higher.
Staples: 'Just Walk Away, Rene'
- The long-term looks problematic for Staples.
- Remedial actions of store closings, layoffs, and pressure for lower vendor costs are indicative of decline in its business model.
- The best time to invest in the retail sector is when SSS and new stores are growing, not contracting.
Southern Company: Investors Sigh Of Relief
- Federal loans tip the balance towards Southern Company investors.
- Current yield and compelling valuations make Southern Company a core utility holding.
- Loan guarantees lower Southern Company's risk profile.
- Exelon: 'Keep On Walkin,' Don't Look Back'
- BGC Partners: Buying Cash, Stock, And Growing Commercial Real Estate Exposure
- Piedmont Natural Gas: Safe Small Cap Utility For The Next Market Meltdown
- A Few Reliable High Dividend Utilities
- Is Niska Gas Storage Worth The Risk Of A 9.1% Yield?
- Utilities For Dividend Growth Investors, Part 2: ITC Holdings
- Electricity Spike In Northeast Exposes Investment Opportunities
- Utilities For Dividend Growth Investors, Part 1: Consolidated Edison
- American Electric Power: Potentially Better Opportunities Elsewhere
- Spectra Energy: Gas Utility With Plenty Of Catalysts
- National Fuel Gas: Getting The Gas Utility For Free
- Deep Freeze Causes Forced Power Generation Outages - Preview OF Future Problems?
- Don't Be Afraid Of Utility Stocks
- Who Are You Mr. And Mrs. Utility Investor?
- 9 Overlooked Equities For 2014
- Chesapeake Utilities: An Underfollowed And Outperforming Dividend Growth Utility
- Gas Natural: Stay Away Until Management Changes
- Exelon: Selling At 10-Year Lows
- Exelon, Entergy: Low-Cost Merchant Power Producers For A Market Turn
- Entergy: A Speculative Buy For Utility Income Seekers
- Donaldson: Expensive And Worth It, Especially For Dividend Growth Investors
- National Grid: Buy For Stability And Yield
- Duke Energy: Expensive And May Stay That Way
- Northeast Utilities: Buy For Increasing Natural Gas Conversion And Electricity Transmission
- American Electric Power: Fully Valued Or Worse