George Fisher

View George Fisher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 'Quality And Safety' In The Utility Sector [View article]
    rhia,

thanks for reading and posting your comments. I take a slightly different view on uts and rising interest rates. I wrote an article last year that indicates falling interest rates are more problematic for uts than rising rates.

May 27, 2015. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Quality And Safety' In The Utility Sector [View article]
    Income,

You are welcome and glad you found it useful.
    May 27, 2015. 03:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Quality And Safety' In The Utility Sector [View article]
    YCan,

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you found the article to be useful.
    May 27, 2015. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Quality And Safety' In The Utility Sector [View article]
    grisly,

I also own AEP and bought in the depths of 09. Interesting transmission business that could become in play as a financial engineering candidate.
    May 27, 2015. 03:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Quality And Safety' In The Utility Sector [View article]
    rose,

Thanks for your kind words. I also review M* but do not have a subscription to VL. However, I vividly remember going to the library, and then subscribing, to the hard-copy VL and manually tracking certain attributes. Fastgraph is also a research tool I use.

"Buying utes at the right price & yield can be critical with getting greatest value" - hits the nail right on the head.
    May 27, 2015. 03:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    Fi-Slut,

Thanks for reading and posting your comments, and congrats on being a profitable long term investor in D

Next to the last stanza from the lyrics :

"Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go, there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know"

Glad you picked up on this subtle line, and I was wondering if anyone would catch on.
    May 25, 2015. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    Rose,

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad you find my articles to be useful.
    May 24, 2015. 07:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    User,

I stand corrected. If I had thought a minute about the sentence, I would have realized that whale oil was still popular in 1795. Thanks for the correction and fact check
    May 23, 2015. 10:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    Divy House,

Thanks for reading and posting your comments
    May 23, 2015. 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    dj,

You have my sympathies as I also waited quite a while for a good time to buy in and it just didn't come.
    May 23, 2015. 10:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    rose,

Thank for taking the time to post a comment. I prefer SO and EXC as having higher yields and more value. However, they play in a different sandbox than D and DM as SO & EXC are electric nuke providers. I think D and DM have interesting natural gas assets and strategies that SO and EXC do not.

I like the combination of D, DM, NFG, SE and SEP as good representation for the natural gas business.
    May 23, 2015. 10:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    Abba,

Thanks for reading and posting your commments
    May 23, 2015. 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    Killep,

Thanks for reading and posting your comments. The problem is a pricing formula where a utility's cost is 70% fixed and 30% variable versus their revenue which is 30% fixed and 70% variable. AZ and MN regulators are adjusting the regulated pricing model to more accurately reflect the utility's cost structure and in the process is changing the economics of distributed generation using solar. In addition, the subsidies and preference given to wind and solar actually creates negative pricing models for merchant power producers in places as the Midwest. For example, a nuke plant operated by EXC in IL operates 15% of the time with a negative pricing model. Tough to make money when you are paying customers to use more.

Chowder,

Thanks for reading and posting your comments
    May 23, 2015. 10:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    T4Y,

Thanks for reading and posting your comments.
    May 23, 2015. 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' [View article]
    metal,

I have followed D for quite some time and somehow missed the DM IPO by a few weeks. I think DM has great prospects for building a substantial asset base over time and D will benefit as well. I decided to add both to my portfolio, splitting the starter position (about 25% of a full position) evenly between the two. While DM has a puny 1.7% current yield, distribution growth is pegged at 20% a year for the next few years.

I also like the long-term combination as you point out.

Thanks for reading and posting your comments.
    May 22, 2015. 03:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment