View as an RSS Feed
View George Kesarios' Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ADES, ALU, AMD, AMRN, AMZN, ANGI, ARIA, BBRY, BIDU, C, CLSN, CRUS, CSCO, CTIC, DB, DDD, DELL, FB, FONR, FXE, GDX, GLD, GLW, GOOG, GOOGL, GRPN, HLF, HPQ, HW, IBM, INTC, LCI, LNKD, MBI, MSFT, N, NBG, NFLX, NOK, OCC, OME, ORCL, P, RELL, SCTY, SGI, SPY, SSNLF, TASR, TMUS, TSLA, TWTR, TXTR, UBS, UNXL, WDAY, X, XONE, ZNGA
Blackberry's 'Total Recall'
- Is BlackBerry experiencing a “total recall,” similar to the epic Arnold Schwarzenegger movie?
- Even if the company is not profitable yet, the price action in the stock suggests the market is probably discounting it will be.
- So, worries that BlackBerry might not be a going concern in the future have finally subsided, as evidenced by the shrinking short interest .
BlackBerry Is Fermenting
- BlackBerry is still in a turnaround mode, but has a lot of things going for it.
- One of the problems however, is that most of these new products and services will be rolled out by the end of the year.
- So at the current time there is not much to get investors excited. However keep in mind that markets are forward looking.
- The market and will be keeping an eye on the company, and if it thinks it will be gaining traction, it will make its move sooner.
BlackBerry Can't Divest Of Its Devices Unit Even If It Wanted To
- BlackBerry’s CEO John Chen hinted that the company might get out of the devices business if it can not make money.
- He later revised and clarified his statements, but nevertheless it caused a lot of confusion.
- But BlackBerry can not divest out of its devices unit even if it wanted to, because it’s an integral part of its existence.
Why BlackBerry Revenue Might Surprise To The Upside
- BlackBerry accounted for sales recognizing hardware revenue in the period the devices were shipped.
- Then it began recognizing revenue once the device sold through to the end consumer.
- That created a lapse in revenue that I think is about to close and we should see higher revenue.
The Early Bird Will Get The Enterprise Messaging Worm
- TechCrunch reported Dropbox has acquired Zulip, a Twitter-type messaging platform.
- This means that there are many other companies out there that think there is a market for enterprise-level messaging.
- While BlackBerry is ahead of Zulip, it nevertheless has to act fast to solidify itself in the space.
The Importance Of BlackBerry's New Device Strategy
- BlackBerry’s new device strategy is an improvement over its previous effort and shows BlackBerry is still aiming for traction in the devices space.
- The strategy is mostly aimed at previous BlackBerry device owners and should be successful in that.
- While the Z3 should do well in Indonesia, the device trails most Chinese devices on technical merits.
- Is Apple Using BlackBerry's QNX? Yes
- BlackBerry: Pent Up Good News
- BBM Is Worth More To BlackBerry Integrated Than On A Standalone Basis
- Why BlackBerry Is Worth A Minimum Of $20 A Share, If It Stops Bleeding
- BlackBerry's Next Phone Code Named 'Jakarta'
- BlackBerry: 200 MA Crossover And Short Interest Alert
- The Defense Department Did Not Order 80,000 BlackBerry Devices, Big Deal
- BlackBerry Up On No News, Is Good News
- BlackBerry Short Interest Falls Off The Cliff
- BlackBerry: The Long-Term Picture
- BlackBerry: Why The Horrible Results Are A Buy Signal
- BlackBerry: Investing With The Insiders
- BlackBerry's BBM Is A Threat To Facebook And Twitter, Here's Why
- BlackBerry's Emerging Market Strategy Is Called BBM
- The German Government Might Give An Unexpected Boost To BlackBerry
- One Small Step For BBM, One Giant Leap For BlackBerry
- Take Advantage Of BlackBerry Pessimism
- Facebook's Interest In BlackBerry Is Surprising, But Logical
- BlackBerry's BBM Head Start
- BlackBerry Strikes Back
- BlackBerry Smoke Over Waterloo Ontario
- BlackBerry Is Not Going Down Because Of Bloated Inventories
- Assessing The Fallout From The BlackBerry Disaster
- Buy Blackberry, Even If No One Bids On It
- Making Sense Of The BlackBerry Takeover Talk
- BlackBerry Short Sellers Are Not Out Of The Woods Yet