George Maniere

View George Maniere's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Lufkin Industries Management Discusses Q2 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    A 21% sell off on this news was a stunning over reaction. I bought back into LUFK at 46.70 and will hold.
    Jul 31 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments' Sharp 14.1% Dividend Yield [View article]
    Rather than have you fish for me, can I ask you to teach me to fish. How do I discern the BV of a reit? What is the math involved.
    If it is easier you can email me at maniereg@gmail.com. I don't visit SA ion a regular basis. Thanks.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jun 30 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments' Sharp 14.1% Dividend Yield [View article]
    What is the BV for CYS? Where do I want to buy it?
    Jun 27 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Is Finally Ready To Bottom [View article]
    Most people don't realize that silver is nine times rarer than gold above the ground. All of the "easy" silver has been mined.
    If the "fit hits the shan" are you going to hand someone a $20.00 gold St Gaudens and ask for change?
    My advice is to hold both.

Gold is the money of Kings,
    Silver is the money of gentlemen,
    Barter is the money of serfs
    and debt is the money of slaves.
    May 30 08:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Greek Polls: Second Thoughts About Leaving EU [View article]
    I used to read Seeking Alpha and one of my colleagues told me about Value Forum a paid chat site full of hedgies and top flight guys. I got tired of sorting through nimrod articles to find one good one. I get alerts on your articles. Kudo's to you. Keep up the great work.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    maniereg@gmail.com
    May 23 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs' Golden Era Is About To Begin [View article]
    Reit divvys are taxed at normal income not capital gains. They work great in an IRA.
    Feb 24 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EOG Resources: The Fastest Big-Cap Grower In The Oil Space [View article]
    Another one for you Radar is Magnum Hunter Resources. They are located in the middle of the EOG Eagle Ford Shale area. Great Stock. I own both.
    Real good article.
    Feb 17 01:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Greek Negotiations May Dampen Rally [View article]
    Greece is irrelevant!!!!
    Greece is the first domino that will cause all the other dominoes to fall - much to the delight of the hedgies that are revving up the shorts as we speak.
    Do your DD
    Jan 22 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions To Ask Prior To Investing In Junior Rare Earth Companies [View article]
    There is a reason that Ucore is $.35. It is a thin veined shallow pit above ground mine that will never produce enough heavies to be a game changer. Do your DD and stop listening to the Guru's.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jan 22 09:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MolyCorp And General Moly [View article]
    GMO got approval and are in the 90 day comment period. I expect GMO to pop soon.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jan 22 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MolyCorp And General Moly [View article]
    Don't believe it. There is some in Beijing but that's it. China remains a dynamo. Do your DD and don't listen to fear mongering Guru's.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jan 22 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Greece, Gold And Silver [View article]
    I am focused on my trading and gave writing a rest. Writing is a full time job and the market is so wacko it takes all of my energy. I can only do one thing well. AS for my silver call in 2011 I was wrong. I will be right but my call was too early. We can thank the banksters and the Comex for that.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jan 22 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is Gold Dropping? [View article]
    It is important to make the distinction between paper assets and physical. Take a look at APMEX, Gainsville or even EBay. The price of physical gold and silver has not dropped all that much. I would encourage all readers to keep adding to their physical holdings. Forget paper assets and miners. My mantra is "if you don't possess it, you don't own it."
    Jan 2 10:52 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Euro Holds Key For Stock Rally [View article]
    I enjoy your articles simply because you seem to understand the correlation of commodities, currencies and geopolitical events. I heard another guy I like, Doug Kass, in an interview on Bloomberg radio (it was a half hour - not a 60 second sound bite and he made a case for 1500 on the S&P by years end. Sadly that is not what I see but who am I to disagree with Doug Kass.
    Please respond to this with your opinion. I only visit this board to read you so if you like you can email me at maniereg@gmail.com
    Keep up the good work.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Dec 29 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good article on REE's. One important distinction you did not make was the difference between HREE's and LREE's. I have studied this sector a bit and I see only two winners in the myriad of companies - Quest and Tasman. I was wondering what your opinion was in UCore.
    Good work!