George Maniere

View George Maniere's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • SLV: Safe Port in the Storm [View article]
    I agree with everything you said except for one thing. As Gerald Loeb taught us the price of a stock or commodity (or a tulip) is based on perception. I agree that big boy on the block is gold but most "middle class" people (if there are any left) can't afford to buy gold so they choose instead to "poor man's gold" - silver. I have read your very well written post and it is obvious that you believe a Republican in a red cape will swoop in and implement austerity measures and in 10 years from now we will be the great nation we once were. Well I popped out of the womb a Republican and I'm here to tell you that the time for what you are talking about was three years ago. Sadly, Dr. Bernanke has cast the die and the life you speak of is over. Forever!!! While it is not the most PC thing I have ever written, we all remember where we were on 09/11. When I heard the news my first reaction was "that's the price you pay to live in a free and open society."
    Benjamin Franklin wrote: He who would give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both.
    He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither.
    This is off point but we are not the strong brave nation we once were. We have become a weak, spineless and uneducated people that care only about entitlement programs and unfunded mandates. A third world country at best. If we didn't have a weak bunch of jokers in Congress that are more worried about getting re-elected than doing what is right we would have taken our very painful medicine in 2009 and by now we would be on the road to recovery. It's called creative destruction. It's Darwinian. It's as old as the hills and sadly, it's too late. Buy gold, silver, copper, indium, dysprosium a gun and learn how to use it. It's going to get F@#^ing ugly!!!!
    God Bless America!!!!
    Jun 30 08:19 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold ETF Shows Eerily Familiar Pattern [View article]
    When President Obama released 30 Million barrels of oil from the strategic reserve and when Dr. Bernanke said he would roll over the interest payments from the treasuries we have bought to buy more treasuries is that not a "stealth" form of QE? If it looks like a pig and oinks like a pig - it's a pig!
    Thank you all for your comments.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jul 1 01:26 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Critical Checkpoints In Silver's Climb Higher [View article]
    If silver ever got manipulated back to $20.00 I would say a prayer of thanks and buy with both hands. I just don't see that happening as people are people and would rather own 40 ounces of a shiny object rather than one. In a year silver will be $100.00 and I'm not saying it can't be $20.00 first.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Nov 6 11:10 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Critical Checkpoints In Silver's Climb Higher [View article]
    Excellent analysis of support and resistance levels for SLV. I don't need to tell you that holding digital bytes of silver is folly. If you don't possess it, you don't own it. Of course if you had said that we would not have been able to read your fine article.
    All of you readers should know that thanks to the CME's manipulation on Monday and Tuesday silver will take a dip and give us all a last chance to buy silver at prices we may never see again. Lock and Load!
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Nov 6 06:31 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold, Silver and the Exploding Debt Here and Abroad [View article]
    Thanks for the post and excellent question. While I am long Physical gold and silver I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee with GLD, SLV and PSLV. There are rumors that if SLV and GLD were ever asked to produce the underlying assets they would be unable to do so. As I have written I already have my fair share of Phsical and I still believe in the vechicle as a profitable trade so I swing in and out of GLD and SLV. I am long PSLV because I know Eric Sprott really has the physical the paper says I do.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jul 19 04:40 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is Gold Dropping? [View article]
    It is important to make the distinction between paper assets and physical. Take a look at APMEX, Gainsville or even EBay. The price of physical gold and silver has not dropped all that much. I would encourage all readers to keep adding to their physical holdings. Forget paper assets and miners. My mantra is "if you don't possess it, you don't own it."
    Jan 2 10:52 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Critical Checkpoints In Silver's Climb Higher [View article]
    Great post and exactly right. One thing occurred to me when I read this that most people don't realize. Why was gold and silver manipulated in the first place? the reason is that the banker gangsters did not want people holding PM''s. They want people to believe in paper money. This will allow complete control of the masses. We are living 1984 Redux. You say I'm a doom and gloom guy. I believe I'm a realist. 1% of the world population control 99% of the wealth. The US is Greece on steroids and for 20 - 30 -40 years we have amassed debts while we have created no real wealth. Our day will come. I agree that to have 1 years worth of silver on hand per person is prudent. As soon as the hedge funds get involved it's game over for the masses silver will be $100.00 an ounce.
    Voltaire said in 1700 "paper money will always return to its intrinsic value - Zero" If you don't posses it - you don't own it.
    Nov 6 11:40 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Greece, Gold And Silver [View article]
    Could not have said it better. You did leave out one point. It's easier to have a socialist society when someone else pays for your mational defense.
    Thanks for the post.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Nov 4 10:11 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Correction In Gold Is Underway; Buy Back In At $1,600 [View article]
    Great post!
    You wrote " It is not gold getting stronger but the developed world getting weaker." This is a much more articulate way to say what I tried to say. As for Denis Gartman I agree that for me at least he has lost all credibility as he has gone from an analyst of some substance to a talking head for CNBC. I simply used him as an example because his remarks were timely. I do hope all readers of my post read your remark.
    I thank you for taking the time to publish this very articulate post.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Aug 25 06:38 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When Push Comes to Shove in the Coming Global War Over Physical Precious Metals Reserves [View article]
    In my humble opinion, when the "fit hits the shan" what makes you think you will get into any building that you have anything stored in? In this country it is unprecedented but globally it is common Modus operandi. We are not far from it in this country. I have often written that when I look around I see a world that would make George Orwell turn in his grave. Do you feel safer than before 9/11. I don't.
    Benjamin Franklin wrote "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither."
    Regards
    George Maniere
    Jul 22 11:40 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Impressive Rally Showing Signs Of Slowing [View article]
    Chris,
    I particularly liked the ECRI link. Maybe we need a new definition of recession because I know people that have three part time jobs and still have to choose between paying the mortgage, insurance or feeding their family. You quoted the ECRI with "if you think this is a bad economy, you haven’t seen anything yet. And that has profound implications for both Main Street and Wall Street."
    The demonstrations that we see growing will make the protests in the Mid East look like a ride at Epcot if we don't get people back to work at a real job. In this country owning a gun is not accepted - it's expected and that has the potential for this "not a recession" to get very ugly.
    George Maniere
    Oct 16 11:07 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    Dividend reinvestment over a long period of time is the most powerful tool an investor has. My drips are XOM, CVX, VZ, T, BMY, JNJ, LMT, BA, MO and PM. I have had these stocks for over twenty years. I also drip 100 a month into each stock. I do a bi annual evaluation and this year I will be selling MO and PM (people are smoking less) and moving to PG and ?(any ideas)
    I won't need Uncle Sams social security.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Oct 10 11:47 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Correction In Gold Is Underway; Buy Back In At $1,600 [View article]
    TA is always right until it's wrong. Gold is not trading on TA or fundamental analysis. It's trading on the fear (rightfully so)of the debasement of currencies.
    Aug 25 11:19 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold ETF Shows Eerily Familiar Pattern [View article]
    I see the fiat printing of money as QE. I will concede the point that the injection of 16 hours worth of oil is hardly the same as buying 600 billion in treasuries but it's the manipulation of the free market none the less. If it looks like a pig and oinks like a pig - it's a pig!
    Call it whatever you want. Until the government gets out of the way, the markets will continue their merry ways at the expense of the middle class. What do you see the feds doing about the debt ceiling? For what it's worth, my 2 cents is don't raise the debt ceiling and don't raise taxes. Learn to live on the allowance you have been given. I'd appreciate your opinion.
    Thanks for your post.
    Regards,
    George Maniere
    Jul 2 08:04 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eurozone - The Buy Of A Decade? [View article]
    Great! I am going to take stock recommendations from a teenager with no skin in the game. I don't think so!
    Dec 12 08:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment