Gerry Callihan

View Gerry Callihan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Constellation Brands: Belly Up To The Bar! [View article]
    Hi Torino, I hope the holiday finds you and your loved ones well. Thanks for the read and the reply.

Gerry
    Nov 28 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Constellation Brands: Belly Up To The Bar! [View article]
    Thanks for reading the article RS. You are correct in assuming they're using their cash for acquisitions. Before this latest acquisition, they were buying back shares. Now, they have stopped that practice in order to make the Modelo purchase.

Thanks again,
    Gerry
    Nov 23 04:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    aeroguy48,That was well put. Thank you.

Gerry
    Apr 21 09:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    no jensen, it is not. I stand by what I say in the article and if you would take time to read some of my replies to various posts, you would realize that.
    Apr 21 09:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    It wouldn't surprise me, Wall Street.

Gerry
    Apr 21 09:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    marshgre, I responded to the GM bailout in several posts, but I'll do it one more time. I was dead set against it. The same goes for the government bailouof Ford, Chrysler or any other mismanaged business.

Marshgre, read the first statement in your post. I mean really read it
    and tell me what sense it makes. Money owed the government in taxes and not paid is money that has to be made up somewhere. I don't know why this is so hard for some people to understand.
    Apr 21 09:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    bresla, I've been hearing your doom and gloom for over forty years. It's the same old rant, spend the money now or "Mother Earth" will perish. How many billions have we squandered, brelsa? Read some of the books written two generations ago warning us of the same thing you just posted. Read them and then tell me this money wouldn't have been better spent feeding and clothing the poor. Your nobility is misplaced, brelsa. Mother Earth can take care of herself, why don't you worry about your fellow man instead.
    Apr 21 09:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    The reason that I'm including politics is this discussion is because the nature of most of these posts dictates it.
    Apr 21 09:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Thank you for that input, Steve, It makes one wonder just what a person is buying when he purchases Tesla stock, doesn't it?

Gerry
    Apr 21 09:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Billiardman, I'm suggesting nothing of the sort. In fact, I'll make you and all the other Tesla car buyers a deal. Take the money you won't be sending to Uncle Sam because of your tax credit and donate it to a worthy charity. How's that sound? You do that and I'll retract my article. I'll eat some crow if hungry kids can eat decent food. How about everyone? Show me some more of that noble altruism that is so evident in this thread.

Gerry
    Apr 21 08:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Thanks blueice. I appreciate your input and your support.

Gerry
    Apr 21 07:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Exactly, Wall Street, Remember your Shakespeare? More specifically your Hamlet? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." You get my point, and thanks for covering my back.

Gerry
    Apr 21 07:35 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    futurecartsla, The Model S is a quite a piece of engineering, there is no doubt about that. What I don't understand about your post is your statement, "top line valuation versus market cap." Take any company with a market cap of $5 billion, any company that has earnings and perhaps pays dividends. The market assigns that company a value based on its earnings. The market gives it a market cap based on tangible earnings. With Tesla, the market cap is arrived at through pure speculation of the company's future. There's nothing concrete to justify a $5 billion market cap. It's valuation through speculation, nothing more. Next week the stock may go to $100 a share for there's always a greater fool. Just remember futurecarsla, in the short term the market is a voting machine and in the long term it's a weighing machine.
    Apr 20 10:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hi-Crush Partners: Digging For Dollars [View article]
    Glad you liked it, Bucknfl. A juicy dividend makes the wait for share price appreciation rather enjoyable, doesn't it? Thanks for the comment.

Gerry
    Apr 20 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    AjitMD, Have you ever heard of Everet Dirksen. He was a politician who once said about federal spending, "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon you're talking about some real money." It all adds up, Ajit, no matter how big or small the amount. This country can't afford it anymore.

I was dead set against the bailout of GM. That investment is still in the red. Ford and Chrysler? Heck, let's talk about all the corporations that get government goodies.

You're absolutely right, the Iraq war was primarily about the free flow of oil. Why do you think so many nations signed on?

Perhaps if we would've let Saddam grind Kuwait under his boot and jack up the price of oil at his whim, we would all be driving EVs today. Who would you rail at then, the evil electric utilities?
    Apr 20 06:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment