Gerry Callihan

View Gerry Callihan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    berylrb, Thank you for the compliment. It's appreciated, I assure you.

As for singling Tesla out, I not doing that at all. I mentioned in replies to other posts that brought up the same point that as far as I'm concerned, GM should have been allowed to fail. I have a real problem with government bailouts to mismanaged companies, government loans to start-ups of Tesla's magnitude and government tax credits to create and stimulate a demand.

Yes, beryirb, tax credits reduce taxes due. Taxes are monies owed. The government seems to need more and more money every year. Tax credits reduce the amount of money flowing into the government coffers. In order to make up the shortfall, the government either prints more money, borrows more money or raises taxes. And because of this, the financial condition of this country gets even weaker.

Thank you for you civility, berylrb.

Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 05:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    gosolar88, If you think I've lost this one, let's wait a bit and see what happens to this overpriced stock in the next year..

If you want numbers, go look at Tesla's for the last few years. I thought the people that read these articles were sophisticated enough to either be familiar with the numbers of a company they're interested in, or computer savvy enough to look them up. There are numbers at the links I inserted in the article, but you are probably right. I guess I just have to sit here and cut and paste every number available for every company I write an article about and then be sure to type them out.

Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 05:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I most certainly did read that. If you would have read my article with an iota of subjectivity or at least clicked on the appropriate link, you would have been aware of that. As far as GM is concerned, it should have never have happened. The company should have been allowed to fail.. The American people are still holding a bag of underwater stock.
    Apr 20, 2013. 04:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Again, Steve, thank you for your support.

Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 04:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I appreciate the comment, Steve.

Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 04:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    mag, Thank you so much for your kind words and your insight. I have a suspicion I was brought up the same way you were; i.e. to be polite. Thanks again and thank you for your support.

Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 12:35 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    bwmaki, Thank you for a brilliant post and for your support. Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 08:05 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Thank you for reading the links, rhyse12. Apparently that is a lot more than many of these people have done. You bring up some interesting questions regarding the future performance of these batteries. As you can no doubt see, rational questions about Tesla are something the majority of these people aren't interested in. Perhaps an expert, someone whose eyes aren't clouded by political or environmental biases, can answer your question. Again, thanks for the post. Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 08:03 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Thank you Wall Street. It seems our opinion on this matter is in the minority on this thread. I appreciate your support.

Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 07:52 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    If memory serves, Ford has a maerket cap of $50 billion. Ford also has a PE of 1o. The E in PE stands for earnings, neurodarcy. Get it?
    Apr 20, 2013. 07:46 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Sir, The biggest thief of a consumer's money when he fills his tank are the federal and state governments via taxes. Taxes that should be used for infrastructure repair, are in many cases diverted to the general fund. The profit oil companies make on a gallon of gasoline is laughable when compared to what governments skim off the top.

If you want to get into the subsidies and credits ALL kinds of entities receive at the expense of the American taxpayer, then I assure you sir, you and I will arguing for a long time.
    Apr 20, 2013. 07:43 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I'm glad you enjoyed the article. MishaF.

Gerry
    Apr 20, 2013. 07:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    neurodarcy, I randomly picked three companies out of the many whose market cap equaled that of Tesla to show Tesla's obvious overvaluation. This was about VALUATION, not comparable metrics of companies in the same industry.
    Apr 20, 2013. 07:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I'm on the side of the working man whose taxes are being used first to subsidize a venture that should be financed with private money or money raised in the market, and second used yet again to susdize the purchase of that venture's product.
    Apr 20, 2013. 07:20 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Gordon, If you had read the article you would have seen that I made mention of that very fact. You would also have learned of my rebuttal.

Your GM comment makes my point on tax largesse. GM should never have been bailed out. Taxpayers will never see a return of any consequence on that farce.
    Apr 19, 2013. 09:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment