Gerry Callihan

View Gerry Callihan's Comments BY TICKER:
    rd2,

If engineers in the industry are questioning the viability this technology , wouldn't that lead one to believe that perhaps there might be a problem? Read the Reuters link in the article and maybe you'll change your mind.

You speak of risk. If you want to risk your money, be my guest. Where I have a problem is the risking of taxpayer money when the country is going broke!
    Apr 19 09:46 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Randy, There are some people who have already made a lot of money in Tesla stock. Perhaps you're one. If so, congratulations.
    If you and other investors in Tesla feel comfortable putting your money in the game. I wish you luck. Personally, I find the possibility of a dazzling future no reason to invest in a company. I also find it particularly distasteful that tax money is being used in the development of this company. That fact is one no one has either refuted, or defended in these posts.

Gerry

Gerry
    Apr 19 09:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Well Goronr, I'll see if I can explain. The Wendy's comparison was in the context of market cap. I chose Wendy's and the other companies because they were recognizable. Please read that part of the article again and I think you'll realize what I was trying to do.

My masking its faults comment weas a compliment to the Model S! Personally, I think the car is a marvel of engineering which you would have learned if you would have read the article. Heck, if you would have read the title!
    Apr 19 09:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Actually, Vico, I'm 92. Your prose needs a little work and I find your s--- from shinola remark a little disappointing. Couldn't a man of your age come up with something a little original?

As far as Mr. Musk is concerned, he's obviously an accomplished man and I admire the things he's done. As I mentioned in the article, however, he's free to spend any amount of his money he chooses on this car. I just don't think it's right to spend that of the American taxpayer.

By the way, Vico, it's shineola, with an E.
    Apr 19 09:09 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I stand corrected, Dan. However, my point about the technology being questioned by those in the industry is still valid.

Gerry
    Apr 19 08:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Thank you for making a point I completely forgot about. My tax money is being used to subsidize the purchase of an expensive automobile by a small, affluent part of society. Thank you again.
    Apr 19 08:56 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I don't recall writing anything about a stereo, bur your point is well taken. I guess you know what side I'm on.
    Apr 19 08:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Zero financial analysis? Try reading the article over again. As far as not adding to the conversation, scroll on down.
    Apr 19 08:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I have no idea what your talking about, much less what you mean.
    Apr 19 08:43 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Very clever, Moose. Inaccurate, but clever. The comparison to Wendy's, Allscripts and the Times were to illustrate Tesla ridiculous valuation. And you know full well one of the reasons Tesla is still around, taxpayer money.
    Apr 19 08:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Please refer to my reply to fungkaic. Thank you.
    Apr 19 08:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    I don't short stocks, I like to work the sunny side of the street.
    Apr 19 08:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Please sir, keep your condescension to your self. As far as me not understanding, I find that comment remarkable coming from someone who professes not to care about their investment providing a reasonable rate of return. You say you are investing in the possibility that electric is the future. I rather think you're investing in hope.

And by the way, don't tell me where to put my money; I've been investing for over thirty years and would be willing to put my investment performance up against yours anytime.
    Apr 19 08:30 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Model S: Engineering Dream, Fiscal Nightmare [View article]
    Thank you for the support, bwmaki. Have you noticed that not one of these posts addresses one of the main points of my article, that being the support of this company with our taxes?

And you are absolutely right, there is no free lunch, energy cannot be created or destroyed, much to the chagrin of some of these people. thanks again.

Gerry
    Apr 19 08:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hi-Crush Partners: Digging For Dollars [View article]
    I'm glad you enjoyed the article, Avasdad, and thanks for your insightful comments.

Gerry