Glen Bradford

View Glen Bradford's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Fannie Mae: Judge Sweeney Wants Discovery On Whether FHFA Was Directed To Enter The Sweep Amendment [View article]
    I love your articles. Keep them coming as you see fit!
    Oct 7, 2014. 08:56 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie And Freddie Saga: More On Lamberth's Dismissal [View article]
    The $20 price target at 10x earnings is with warrants diluting...

Which is not going to happen at this point.
    Oct 3, 2014. 03:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For Fannie Mae: Perry's Motion For Supplementation Of Defendant's Administrative Record [View article]
    This is great stuff. In fact, it is the greatest of stuffs.

Please help me. I don't know what all of this means regarding reviewing the remainder of the briefs. I will assume that you don't see that activity as worthwhile as you have not included it in this one.

Moving along, my concerns are all in the realm of timeline. I'd like to see things that have been done that ought not to have been done undone sooner rather than later.

In this spirit, additional filings asking for more stuff when I had already been operating from the frame of reference that this all is straight forward government wrong doing is just delaying my inevitable process of extreme wealth building.

My time is valuable as is yours. Thanks for writing these articles. I really appreciate them. I am willing to admit here that your specific knowledge regarding how these things work in reality is more applicable than mine in this situation and that's why I am pretty much deferring to you and people who are smarter than me who share the same opinion as well as my own opinion on all things that I have read that are related.

Wish you the best,

Glen Bradford
    Sep 29, 2014. 01:49 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now Is Always The Time To Buy! [View article]
    I am pretty sure that trading your own stock like that as a business is illegal but it should be maybe if you ask me.
    Sep 18, 2014. 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now Is Always The Time To Buy! [View article]
    20% is a ridiculous amount? I have more than twice that.
    Sep 18, 2014. 02:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For Fannie Mae: Unpacking The Motions For Summary Judgment [View article]
    My view as well.
    Sep 8, 2014. 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakup Story: Agilent Technologies Is Going To Be A Breakout [View article]
    Highway to the dangerzone. Correlation blind.
    Aug 13, 2014. 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yellow Media (YLWDF) CEO Julien Billot on Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    I'm impressed that you were able to transcribe this so quickly.
    Aug 7, 2014. 01:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DC Payments - 9.5% Yield With A 44% Cash Flow Payout Ratio [View article]
    very interesting indeed.
    Aug 6, 2014. 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fannie Mae, Should It Go Away? [View article]
    Are you familiar with all of the putbacks? It appears to me that you are not aware of the putbacks, because if you were, I think that you might re-word your blame game story.

The GSEs bought about $2.2 trillion of mortgages from the 15 biggest banks and Ally between 2006 and 2009, according to Inside Mortgage Finance, a trade journal. Some of the loans were based on faulty data about borrowers and properties -- flaws that give Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac the right to “put back” the debts, or resell them to the banks.

As an aside, you are literally very close to me. I just spent the last month or so in the citibank circular building a block or two south of your office.
    Jul 9, 2014. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Independence Day For Fannie And Freddie [View article]
    Your views are very absolutist in nature. I look at things a little more holistically. What is the best structure?

“I think government has to play a part in housing,” Buffett said. “The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is very good for the American public and I think that you will need government participation in some way to bring the costs down.”
    Jul 6, 2014. 04:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Independence Day For Fannie And Freddie [View article]
    As you seem to agree, the pieces are in play. At this point that is all that matters. The present course of events is one that leads to large gains for the equity holders of the two businesses. I like Mel Watt, only because he appears to be doing the right thing by focusing on his scope and playing his role perfectly.
    Jul 6, 2014. 04:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Independence Day For Fannie And Freddie [View article]
    I think that the nature of the extensive dialog is required in this case because of the nature of the situation. When you have people who are effectively on your side putting together proposals that are not in your best interest in order to show a signal that the legislative push to eliminate the GSEs has not only no traction but also that congress is going to be ineffective at really doing anything on the topic, this is a multi-step process of understanding all of the angles and how it fits together. If you want the summary version, it's always in my disclosure, I own the two businesses long.

That said, I agree with you. I always prefer to err on the side of "just getting it out there" as opposed to "not attempting to say what needs to be said." Especially since I feel that someone ought to be doing it and sometimes that someone has got to be me.
    Jul 6, 2014. 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Independence Day For Fannie And Freddie [View article]
    You've raised two points.

1. Do I think that the GSE's will get wound down? No. I don't see how this is possible given the constraints at play.

2. Will the government backing be removed? I don't see the need for an explicit government guarantee, which is what the legislative proposals are trying to mandate. Sub-substantial is a play on words to imply that it is my view that the perceived risks to the long thesis are really overplayed because of all of the misinformation being thrown around and re-posted publicly as if the misinformation is fact based information with wide-spread support and financial backing.
    Jul 6, 2014. 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Independence Day For Fannie And Freddie [View article]
    By your logic, you would be still getting away with robbery if you get out the door of the bank after you rob the bank when there are police outside surrounding the building, guns drawn, and you have no place to run...

That's fine, but at this point they are tangled up in the web that they've created and their house of cards defense is collapsing. The facade of anti-GSE legislation that was designed to wind them all down ran out of time and started too late to be effective at this point and now it's all pretty clear and self-evident to the people who are willing to be honest with the way the world works in regards to how this is all going to play out.
    Jul 6, 2014. 03:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment