View as an RSS Feed
View Glen S. Woods' Articles BY TICKER:
3 Biotech Companies That Look To Be Good Buys After A Pullback
- Gilead, Celgene and Amgen stocks have all dropped in the past month.
- All three companies have potential blockbuster drugs in their pipeline.
- Though the biotech sector may be volatile there are a number of positive reasons that these three stocks should move higher.
AstraZeneca's New Diabetes Drug May Also Combat Alzheimer's Disease
- AstraZeneca’s diabetes drug Symlin may one day enter the $6 billion Alzheimer’s drug market.
- There are over 5 million Americans suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- AstraZeneca is in need of a blockbuster drug to offset its patent cliff.
- AstraZeneca offers one of the best dividends on the market.
Amazon And Netflix See Opportunity As Studios Abandon Small Films
- Studios are relying on big budget productions that cost upwards of $250 million which leave little room for developing smaller film projects.
- The film industry is now a global market, with the U.S. accounting for only 30% of the revenue.
- Netflix and Amazon are expanding their own business by developing content for smaller productions aimed for their subscribers.
- Smaller budget films, which cost roughly $2 million, if successful, bring in revenue between $4 million to $40 million, a high ROI.
McDonald's: Americans Aren't 'Lovin' It' Like They Used To
- McDonald's same-store sales in the U.S have been sliding.
- The 18 to 32 crowd are choosing other fast casual restaurants as their first option.
- McDonald's menu has become too complicated.
- McDonald's has excellent growth potential in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- 66% of McDonald's sales come from outside of the U.S.
Gilead Sciences' Novel Leukemia Drug Should Extend Company Profits
- Gilead Science, which is the top drug maker for Hepatitis and HIV treatments, is developing novel cancer drugs.
- Its promising leukemia drug has been granted Breakthrough Therapy designation.
- If approved would bolster the company’s revenue which is already predicted to reach $16 billion by 2016.
- Gilead stock has a lot of room to continue to grow.
- White Wave Foods' Stock Should Rise As It Expands Its Brands In 2014
- Green Mountain, Coca-Cola Deal May Put SodaStream In Play
- 2 Young 'Cats' Of Biotech Poised To Climb Higher In 2014
- Investing In Companies That Will Profit From The Growing Healthier Food Market
- Big Pharmas Battle For The Billion-Dollar Melanoma Market
- 3 Small Biotech Companies Poised For Big Growth In 2014
- Chipotle And Buffalo Wild Wings Heat Up The Pizza Wars With Craft Pizzas
- 4 Companies That Should Profit From Consumer Health Trends In 2014
- Coke Life's Possible U.S. Debut Should Bolster Coca-Cola And Stevia Sales
- Novartis: 2 Novel Cancer Therapies Show Promising Results
- 4 Companies Developing Blockbuster Immunotherapies To Fight Cancer
- Companies Advancing Stem Cell Therapies Could Also Advance Your Portfolio Dollars
- Investing In Companies Targeting Millennials Should Prove Profitable
- Buffalo Wild Wings Soar As McDonald's Mighty Wings Flop
- Companies Race To Develop The Next Novel Blockbuster Diabetes Drug - Part 2
- Chipotle's Next Concept In Fast Casual Dining Could A Big Winner
- 3 Companies On The Forefront Of Cancer Immunotherapy Innovations
- Companies Race To Develop The Next Novel Blockbuster Diabetes Drug
- Novartis And NeoStem: Developing Therapies To Extend The Quality Of Life For Heart Disease Patients
- Rite Aid's Impressive Stock Run Should Continue To Gain Steam
- MannKind's Phase III Diabetes Drug Results Should Continue Its Upward Trend
- Coca-Cola's Gamble On Coke Life May Have Other Bottlers Scrambling For A Better Tasting Stevia
- Fast Casual Restaurants Continue To Gobble Up Casual Dining And Fast Food Customers
- Merck's Pipeline Of Drugs Should Make Up For Lost Sales To Generic Competition
- Could Enzo Biochem's Intellectual Property Lawsuits Be Worth Billions?
- Big Profits In Intellectual Property, But Beware Of Risks
- Specialty Pharmacies: An Overlooked Segment In A Profitable Industry