Glen S. Woods

View Glen S. Woods' Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Biotech Companies That Look To Be Good Buys After A Pullback [View article]
    Thank you, glad you liked the article

I do like Athersys too. It's a small company, but its MultiStem has a lot of potential.
    Apr 11, 2014. 01:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon And Netflix See Opportunity As Studios Abandon Small Films [View article]
    I think as both Netflix and Amazon continue to develop their own content, you will be both series and original movies.
    Mar 23, 2014. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences' Novel Leukemia Drug Should Extend Company Profits [View article]
    Thank you for reading.
    Mar 13, 2014. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed the article
    Mar 12, 2014. 09:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Americans Aren't 'Lovin' It' Like They Used To [View article]
    I do agree the weather back east and in the south did contribute to the slow sales.
    Mar 12, 2014. 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Americans Aren't 'Lovin' It' Like They Used To [View article]
    A Chipolte chicken burrito is about 1,000 calories, and 19 grams of fat. Add chips and you're at 1700 calories, and that doesn't include a soda. That's a lot of calories and fat for lunch. But in some of my previous articles I do discuss that Chipotle does try and use organic, locally grown, and GMO free products when available. Health food - no, healthier - yes.

And as I said in the article I think MCD will come back strong... It might just take a little while.
    Mar 12, 2014. 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Americans Aren't 'Lovin' It' Like They Used To [View article]
    Millennials are an interesting group. From what I've found in my research they are very cost conscious,while at the same time want to frequent places that are more environmentally friendly and serve a healthier food. They have become the Subway and Chipotle generation. However, if you read some of my earlier articles I have also said in the long run people will go back to their fats and sugars. I see the millennials doing the same.
    Mar 12, 2014. 09:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Americans Aren't 'Lovin' It' Like They Used To [View article]
    Thanks, I have been to quite a few MCD's in Europe, Asia and Australia. They all seem to to be quite busy compared to the ones here in the states.
    Mar 12, 2014. 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Young 'Cats' Of Biotech Poised To Climb Higher In 2014 [View article]
    Hey Alphaplay, thank you for reading the article. Based on everything I have read, which has been very extensive, Lion has exclusive CRADA with the National Institute of Health, which does give them exclusive rights to new data and technologies. The company has recently commented that they will be completing additional licensing during the first half of this year. The advantage that Lion has in hand will be first to market, and that will create a barrier to entry for others. Lion is the only company with a license to this tech, there are no other licenses issued.

As far as the S3s you are referring to, there are no shelf shares that can dilute the stock. Those S3 filings were part of the PIPE financing deal in November; that by all reports and company statements, will fund the company through 2015 without the need for any additional financing. The company has over $20 million in cash, so there is no risk of financing.
    Feb 10, 2014. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle And Buffalo Wild Wings Heat Up The Pizza Wars With Craft Pizzas [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. And while I agree that BWW will still attract customers who are sports fans, they will not be as busy when football season ends.

Sales of chicken wings are much higher during football season, especially during the playoffs. That's why I don't see BWW, as a chain, as crowded during other sporting events like college basketball or hockey.

For example, in 2012 Sunday football brought in an increase of 113% in sales at BWW compared to a typical non-football Sunday.

According to the National Chicken Council wings are popular through out the year, but sales peak on Superbowl where about 1.25 billion chicken wing portions which is more than 100 million pounds of chicken wings will be eaten by football fans on Superbowl Sunday.
    Jan 19, 2014. 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coke Life's Possible U.S. Debut Should Bolster Coca-Cola And Stevia Sales [View article]
    Thanks for reading. STVF has concluded commercial scale testing of growing organic stevia as the company's recent press release stated. The fermentation process is a proprietary enzymatic process used to extract the steviol glycoside Reb A that then leads to the extraction of Reb D and X which are highly coveted and have very high commercial sales margins.
    As far as the Philippine farmer, that I know nothing about. I doubt he has the experts that Stevia First has on staff.
    You mention that the fermentation process is very very difficult. That is true it is and that may be the biggest advantage that STVF has among peers. They have the worldwide rights and global license to use the process that they licensed from the prestigious Vineland research group.
    I have read the very one sided pieces by the authors you mentioned and those are extremely outdated and extremely speculative in nature. The company has since grown significantly, which is well documented through SEC filings and press releases of licensing and distribution agreements. People that follow the company closely, such as myself, see the value the company offers; especially as they prepare to launch their own branded table top product.
    Dec 18, 2013. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hey Monosabio, appreciate your input. And while I agree that the giant bottler's will continue to use HFCS, the point is that Coke is not abandoning sugar or HFCS but is adding a natural product in stevia is it can considerably lower the sugar and HFCS content. What Senomyx is developing is artificial and created through a chemical process.
    Dec 16, 2013. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Actually, Coke Black was a product the company bottled a few year ago. It was a coffee flavored Coke. It was a pretty good sipping cola drink, but didn't sell well.
    Dec 16, 2013. 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not only is the stevia natural, Stevia First is growing it organically.
    Dec 15, 2013. 11:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Companies Targeting Millennials Should Prove Profitable [View article]
    Growers aren't really the future in my opinion, STVF is creating a new product via a new method. STVF will also be launching their own commercially marketed product within the next month or so I feel the upside is much greater.
    Nov 13, 2013. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment